flaviopaganini

Feb 25, 2024
I personally cant wait for the next update the first update had some amazing animations and I really liked the story for what it was so far and while I haven't played all of MR. Dots games the 2 I played didn't like one and the other never got around to finishing yet.
I like his games, but they always give me a feeling of a somewhat teenage and juvenile story. It might just be because the models he uses always look very young

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
they always give me a feeling of a somewhat teenage and juvenile story.
This why I dropped Melody, she was acting too childish for me at certain point probably wouldn't of been a big deal for me it was only once in awhile. But when I dropped felt like it was 2-3 instance all around the same time and idk was hard for me to enjoy her character anymore as a LI. Was already hard enough being her teacher and all. Guess everything combied was just too much for me. I might give it one more chance again in the future tho.

Yet I didn't dropDMD for some reason tho only played Season 1 just never got around to playing the rest as it was incomplete at the time of me playing it. but from what I played it wasnt too bad for me in that regard.

So far this game doesn't bug me in the slightest with how the characters act. Compared to the 2 games of his I played it's a vast improvement

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
I like his games, but they always give me a feeling of a somewhat teenage and juvenile story. It might just be because the models he uses always look very young
Yeah, but the MC is "21". Though with the constant horny sixteen year old inner monologue you would know.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
So are you seriously made to pick some random girl you know nothing about for a fling with no say in the matter? If that's the level of player agency in this one I'm already out. Forced sex scenes, off to a banger start here fellas.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
So are you seriously made to pick some random girl you know nothing about for a fling with no say in the matter? If that's the level of player agency in this one I'm already out. Forced sex scenes, off to a banger start here fellas.
yeah I hope that doesn't continue going forward. I'm fine with in this instance just because it does have a storytelling purpose plus you get the chance to cuck your friend from the girl he wants lol

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Skeltom

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
yeah I hope that doesn't continue going forward. I'm fine with in this instance just because it does have a storytelling purpose plus you get the chance to cuck your friend from the girl he wants lol
Sure but the story telling aspect happens before the sex. It's lazy at best and overly forceful on the devs part. Even after knowing about the tattoo there should have been an option to put an end to it especially knowing they could be involved. Not to mention I don't give a fuck about those two.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
Sure but the story telling aspect happens before the sex. It's lazy at best and overly forceful on the devs part. Even after knowing about the tattoo there should have been an option to put an end to it especially knowing they could be involved. Not to mention I don't give a fuck about those two.
I mean I see where you are coming from. However for me having a MC change his mind and find a way to get out of the room once he notices the tattoo on a half naked women feels a little weird and could come across a bit suspicious unless the women really have no clue who he is. So honestly I do think it would make more sense for the MC to stay to try to find out more info.

Now I do think he should of seen the tattoo before going to their room that way I think a choice to find out more / have sex with them or not would make more sense not come off as suspicious or even a bit odd for a Horny MC lol. As then the choice would come before going to their room

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
I mean I see where you are coming from. However for me having a MC change his mind and find a way to get out of the room once he notices the tattoo on a half naked women feels a little weird and could come across a bit suspicious unless the women really have no clue who he is. So honestly I do think it would make more sense for the MC to stay to try to find out more info.

Now I do think he should of seen the tattoo before going to their room that way I think a choice to find out more / have sex with them or not would make more sense not come off as suspicious or even a bit odd for a Horny MC lol. As then the choice would come before going to their room
Fair enough but he can stay to try and get information without going balls deep into them, no? And him being a huge perv is part of my problem, they did this once so there is nothing stopping them from having the MC's libido take the reigns again whenever it's convenient. They have already made it impossible for anyone to do a solo playthrough and it's only a 0.0.1 alpha. Given their track record I'm not convinced it will get any better.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
Having a vanilla hookup with a girl is hardly being a huge perv outside of Salt Lake City.
is this instance you correct but I think he was speaking in general. Since from the in game walkthrough it seemed like it was better to do more of the pervy options

Reactions: ffive

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
is this instance you correct but I think he was speaking in general. Since from the in game walkthrough it seemed like it was better to do more of the pervy options
That's fair enough, the game seems to be associating "mission rating" with perving on girls at every opportunity which i'm not much of a fan myself.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Having a vanilla hookup with a girl is hardly being a huge perv outside of Salt Lake City.
I'm not talking about some random lay. 98% of the pointless MC inner monologue is him perving out over every. single. female. I don't give two fucks whether this clown thinks they are hot or not, I can decide for my self if they are attractive. This isn't supposed to be a KN.

• Red Heart
Reactions: ffive and Milton749

Hyperserver

often the biggest step forward is to "step back"
Donor
Jun 30, 2018
I'm not talking about some random lay. 98% of the pointless MC inner monologue is him perving out over every. single. female. I don't give two fucks whether this clown thinks they are hot or not, I can decide for my self if they are attractive. This isn't supposed to be a KN.
Well, you are 100% right.
That's where i come to play my part:
The improvement in writing compared to previous games you all may have notied, most likely is about my doing.
I convinced them to NOT to do any textwalls, and also reduce the thoughts to an absolute minimum.
The player actually IS the MC - so HIS thoughts are important and not thoughts which were written by someone else.
We know, we are still not where we want to be, but i guess the improvement is already noticable.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
The improvement in writing compared to previous games you all may have notied, most likely is about my doing.
I convinced them to NOT to do any textwalls, and also reduce the thoughts to an absolute minimum.
The player actually IS the MC - so HIS thoughts are important and not thoughts which were written by someone else.
We know, we are still not where we want to be, but i guess the improvement is already noticable.
I only played 2 other Mr. Dots games granted haven't finished either of them but played a good amount of both of them. Comparing them to this game is a vast improvement already. Only thing I really didn't like and it's just a me thing is from what I recall it seemed like from the in game walkthrough it seemed it was the best option to do pervy things most of the time to get max points with said girl or to get a A+ in the task. Now I could be mistaken on that as I only played through the game once but that's what I thought I remember from my first playthrough. But that's not a deal breaker or anything for me , just not a preference . So I guess put it under a nitpick

Last edited:

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
I didn't say anything about an improvement, really. There are less text walls sure, but I have still noticed that the MC tends to recap to himself about a scene that literally just finished. After the ride to work for example, I know she gave me a ride and gave me her number. Or waking up late and explaining, again, that he needs to eat and get dressed before he leaves.

It seems you missed the part about the MC perving every other line of inner monologue? Or that nearly all of his inner monologue is him doing that. Because that has gotten exponentially worse in this game. I'm already sick of it personally. If it were removed his inner monologue would be cut by 90% and he would only be talking to himself about what is actually relevant, not a bad thing if you ask me.

Hyperserver

often the biggest step forward is to "step back"
Donor
Jun 30, 2018
I didn't say anything about an improvement, really. There are less text walls sure, but I have still noticed that the MC tends to recap to himself about a scene that literally just finished. After the ride to work for example, I know she gave me a ride and gave me her number. Or waking up late and explaining, again, that he needs to eat and get dressed before he leaves.

It seems you missed the part about the MC perving every other line of inner monologue? Or that nearly all of his inner monologue is him doing that. Because that has gotten exponentially worse in this game. I'm already sick of it personally. If it were removed his inner monologue would be cut by 90% and he would only be talking to himself about what is actually relevant, not a bad thing if you ask me.
noted - and 100% agree. As i already said: we aren't there where we want to be, but working on it.
My personal opinion: written thoughts restrict the player from getting max possible immersion. NO ONE likes to be told what he has to think.

3.80 star(s) 15 Votes