geenius3ab

Sep 2, 2017
Unfunny update.
several months of waiting for little content
5 months of waiting for 89 renders :oops:
4 years and his MC and sister didn't have sex
I mean take a look at his patreon and say that he should be motivated and working on his game actively.
There were moments it was abandoned, there was a "rework", etc, for creators who don't get anything just being able to release a new version is quite good. I mean if he starts getting more money and not working harder, then maybe it would start showing that the dev is lacking? But currently, I'd say to set your expectations low and if there's some good content in one of his updates, we could be positively surprised.
With these sorts of games it's best not to expect a person to even work close to full time (maybe a couple of hours per month).. 4 years is a long time though, I agree.

John Bon Clay

Jul 14, 2020
Unfunny update.
several months of waiting for little content
5 months of waiting for 89 renders :oops:
4 years and his MC and sister didn't have sex
Look at from the positive sides, it could have been 88 renders :)

Nah truly, Diablo 2 resurrected is coming out soon, 6 more days!

Johntheloner

Jun 14, 2017
I mean take a look at his patreon and say that he should be motivated and working on his game actively.
There were moments it was abandoned, there was a "rework", etc, for creators who don't get anything just being able to release a new version is quite good. I mean if he starts getting more money and not working harder, then maybe it would start showing that the dev is lacking? But currently, I'd say to set your expectations low and if there's some good content in one of his updates, we could be positively surprised.
With these sorts of games it's best not to expect a person to even work close to full time (maybe a couple of hours per month).. 4 years is a long time though, I agree.
His patreon would be a lot more active and he'd be making a lot more money if he would provide actual output for the investment and not faff about with reworks and dropping off radar. Instead he's established a pattern of behavior and lacking updates that makes people quite wary of putting financial support behind it. The only way to solve that, is to start putting more effort in, but if they 'need' money to put more effort in, then they've trapped themselves in a situation where the project will basically go nowhere.

While I haven't tried the 'rework', I have been keeping an eye on things. If it's still in Honey select or one of the other illusion games, there is functionally no excuse for the lack of content output, other than that the dev doesn't really want to work on the project. Even working a 9-5 and then doing 2 hours a day, you should be outputting more than what these updates contain in a month, maybe two, let alone five. Esepecially after having supposedly been working on it for years.

This isn't a dev who's scratch-making all their art assets or doing something particularly intricate on the code or writing side.

Hlextor

May 6, 2017
I cannot use a single incest patch for the Mac. All tested. Does anyone else have the same problem?

Reactions: H1M

18v2

Jun 17, 2018
I cannot use a single incest patch for the Mac. All tested. Does anyone else have the same problem?
Never heard of this problem, and personally I can use them all. Sure you are putting them under the /game folder and not next to the /game folder?

Hlextor

May 6, 2017
Never heard of this problem, and personally, I can use them all. Sure you are putting them under the /game folder and not next to the /game folder?
Yep, I put them in the game folder. In the game folder, right? Which of these 4 available patches are you take?

geenius3ab

Sep 2, 2017
His patreon would be a lot more active and he'd be making a lot more money if he would provide actual output for the investment and not faff about with reworks and dropping off radar. Instead he's established a pattern of behavior and lacking updates that makes people quite wary of putting financial support behind it. The only way to solve that, is to start putting more effort in, but if they 'need' money to put more effort in, then they've trapped themselves in a situation where the project will basically go nowhere.

While I haven't tried the 'rework', I have been keeping an eye on things. If it's still in Honey select or one of the other illusion games, there is functionally no excuse for the lack of content output, other than that the dev doesn't really want to work on the project. Even working a 9-5 and then doing 2 hours a day, you should be outputting more than what these updates contain in a month, maybe two, let alone five. Esepecially after having supposedly been working on it for years.

This isn't a dev who's scratch-making all their art assets or doing something particularly intricate on the code or writing side.
I mean at this point, with how much money he makes, I don't put anything against him if he only works on the game 2 hours a MONTH, I'd still say good for him. The income he gets is nothing and if he doesn't care about it too much, then that's his right.. And it's your right not to play it.

The only issue I have with games where their updates are slow is if they are profiting off people, which you would be an idiot to claim that this dev is doing with these updates. No, he isn't profiting from this game at all (100 dollars is nothing) and if he wants to work 2 hours creating a game per month, then that's his freedom. If you try and claim that he somehow "owes us" to work hard "for our pleasure" then you're entitled and have lost the plot.

Or are you one of those who claims that a dev should "either work hard or not work at all"? I prefer if the game that I occasionally check out still keeps getting updates, even if they're small, at least I know that they're doing it for pretty much free.

BVonkX

May 6, 2017
It's slow, but I'm glad there's an update to this game. I'm not a Patreon myself, not even from other games. Whether someone does want to do that is entirely up to him, for example, they can also just do it for a while and then stop.

T3DP4XF

Oct 1, 2017
You're missing his point; he's clearly not saying the dev ought to put in more work for anyone else's benefit, rather that he ought to do that IF he expects to keep a steady stream of income from his patrons. Don't ignore hypothetical phrasing, it makes the difference between telling someone to do something (morally right, "ought") and telling someone to do something to achieve a certain result (technical advice without a moral dimension, "do A to get B").

Reactions: Logan3000x

geenius3ab

Sep 2, 2017
You're missing his point; he's clearly not saying the dev ought to put in more work for anyone else's benefit, rather that he ought to do that IF he expects to keep a steady stream of income from his patrons. Don't ignore hypothetical phrasing, it makes the difference between telling someone to do something (morally right, "ought") and telling someone to do something to achieve a certain result (technical advice without a moral dimension, "do A to get B").
The context of his quote to my message was that I first replied to people who expressed clear discontent and complained about the amount of content in the game. My first post's TLDR was that it doesn't matter as it's almost free. His response was in this context and was saying that "He would get more money" while talking about the "lack of content" and that the game will go "no-where" which I explained that the dev is already doing it as a hobby (as the money incentive is almost non-existent) and it will go as far as the dev wants to take it (which was the point of my previous post).

In the full context, I think that his message was negative enough, while ignoring some of the points which I did deem relevant/important, that I'd say the "would" could be interpreted as "should". But maybe I was overthinking? At any rate the "need to make more to get more" point is something most people on these forums already know well, and the reality is also that there are many games that don't "hit it big" even if the quality is decent, with frequent updates, and they usually get abandoned within a year.

But at any rate, I'm just glad that there was an update and that this game isn't completely abandoned, that's all.

Last edited:
Reactions: T3DP4XF and BVonkX
4.00 star(s) 36 Votes