Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Really good game, sad it got abandoned
The question is, will it stay abandoned? It's not like this hasn't happened before.

As I see it there are three possibilities:

1) Noir Desir will eventually come out with a new release.
2) Noir Desir will restart the game from the beginning yet again.
3) We will never hear from Noir Desir again.

The developer is still pulling in $113/month on Patreon. Not a huge amount, but not insignificant either. So, she has a financial interest in doing something. Of course, it takes an active effort by a Patron to remove themselves from a developer, and inertia keeps some paying long after they should stop. So she could just keep pocketing the money until the well finally dries up.

I wouldn't put money on any of those possibilities. This developer's behavior is too erratic.

KRock19

Jul 15, 2017
I was not aware that this developer is female. Since you are reffering to her as a she you seem to have more knowledge than myself.
Yet it does not matter if the dev is a he or a she, what matters though is that the game is again not updated for a long period and that although I hope that it will be continued at some point I start to loose interest as there are more games out there with less erratic developers.
So kudos to what has been done so far but shame on on the dev for not moving this ahead and waisting the potenial.
I had supported the dev at some point but grew tired and now only check in on this thread once a month to see that if something worthwhile has been released.
I guess a lot of folks do the same and will continue with it......the hope remains.....

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
I was not aware that this developer is female. Since you are reffering to her as a she you seem to have more knowledge than myself.
Yet it does not matter if the dev is a he or a she, what matters though is that the game is again not updated for a long period and that although I hope that it will be continued at some point I start to loose interest as there are more games out there with less erratic developers.
So kudos to what has been done so far but shame on on the dev for not moving this ahead and waisting the potenial.
I had supported the dev at some point but grew tired and now only check in on this thread once a month to see that if something worthwhile has been released.
I guess a lot of folks do the same and will continue with it......the hope remains.....
A was a Patron from the start, and it was established back then that the developer is female.

When she restarted the game a second time I cancelled my subscription. I still play the game when/if it comes out, because the game is good, but damn all the jerking around is just intolerable.

sinkind

Oct 29, 2019
A was a Patron from the start, and it was established back then that the developer is female.

When she restarted the game a second time I cancelled my subscription. I still play the game when/if it comes out, because the game is good, but damn all the jerking around is just intolerable.
True. I remember people laughing at Yanderedev for "developing" a Unity game with dozens of characters for over 6 years (he's still a tool tho). At the same time many devs on this site alone can't finish their VN with a couple of characters on RenPy for 5+ years. And people support them so it's not "I have no money so next update in 6 month or more" scenario.
One of the mysteries of F95 if you ask me.

mullovergem

May 17, 2018
True. I remember people laughing at Yanderedev for "developing" a Unity game with dozens of characters for over 6 years (he's still a tool tho). At the same time many devs on this site alone can't finish their VN with a couple of characters on RenPy for 5+ years. And people support them so it's not "I have no money so next update in 6 month or more" scenario.
One of the mysteries of F95 if you ask me.
Yandev and Noir Desir have very different issues with similar effects. Yandev almost never polishes and instead chooses to prioritize new mechanics. Noir Desir is a slave to polish. Neither end up getting very far in terms of developing out.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Yeah, that's awesome, sincerely. Unfortunately, the real issue is, as has already been stated on this thread, that NoirDesir is a perfectionist. This means that everything has to get tweaked, retweaked, reworked, worked to death, and then overhauled all over again. It's wonderful that this won't be abandoned, but will it ever get finished? I worry, honestly.

It's the same problem with writers in general, and why the George R.R. Martins and the Robert Jordans of the world take years to finish any of their books and (in the case of the latter) even pass on before completing their work. It makes me sad, because it's very solid craftsmanship and it's a pity to see it ultimately unrealized. They could all take a page from J.K. Rowling; not the most polished books really, but they get finished and are still of relatively decent quality.

However, I really do look forward to the next release of Thinking about You, for sure.

Last edited:

tarzan999

Aug 11, 2016
Yeah, that's awesome, sincerely. Unfortunately, the real issue is, as has already been stated on this thread, that NoirDesir is a perfectionist. This means that everything has to get tweaked, retweaked, reworked, worked to death, and then overhauled all over again. It's wonderful that this won't be abandoned, but will it ever get finished? I worry, honestly.

It's the same problem with writers in general, and why the George R.R. Martins and the Robert Jordans of the world take years to finish any of their books and (in the case of the latter) even pass on before completing their work. It makes me sad, because it's very solid craftsmanship and it's a pity to see it ultimately unrealized. They could all take a page from J.K. Rowling; not the most polished books really, but they get finished and are still of relatively decent quality.

However, I really do look forward to the next release of Thinking about You, for sure.
I just feel bad for him. He spends so much time on a game that will never receive a lot of financial support.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
I just feel bad for him. He spends so much time on a game that will never receive a lot of financial support.
Well, this developer could have kept my financial support, but lost it by NOT spending time on the game, but instead going for long periods without any word on Patreon and then starting over from the beginning. I believe there have been 2 such complete restarts, maybe 3, it's been hard to keep count over the years.

Doing a restart when you are well into the game is a sure way to piss off supporters and potential supporters. I am currently a Patron of 18 different developers, but I will not throw away my money to any developer who does that.

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Well, this developer could have kept my financial support, but lost it by NOT spending time on the game, but instead going for long periods without any word on Patreon and then starting over from the beginning. I believe there have been 2 such complete restarts, maybe 3, it's been hard to keep count over the years.

Doing a restart when you are well into the game is a sure way to piss off supporters and potential supporters. I am currently a Patron of 18 different developers, but I will not throw away my money to any developer who does that.
I used to help Enyo Eerie with False Hero (play testing primarily) but ended up getting really frustrated over time when I'd have to completely restart with almost each new build and have everything basically start all over . . . again and again. And I wasn't even paying money, just play testing. So I can definitely agree with your perspective; I have the same.

Reactions: Walter Victor

Barretto24

Feb 15, 2021

To be fair to them tho. They are only bringing in less than 84 quid a month. That's less than what I earn working one shift at work so.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
To be fair to them tho. They are only bringing in less than 84 quid a month. That's less than what I earn working one shift at work so.
And why is that? The game is fun to play. The LIs (especially the sister) are lovely. The sex is hot as hell.

The reason is that this developer fucks over the people who would otherwise like to provide support.

lnppo

Jun 23, 2018
He's making $103 now, after doing nothing for the last 9 months (and very little before that for a long period).

4.00 star(s) 36 Votes