Big.Joe

Jun 1, 2017
This birthday edition seems to be quite unfinished, as that jerkface in one of the possible endings says. A whole bunch of CGI images are never being used in the script, a bunch of collected variables never checked, making a bunch of choices in dialogs useless. Like about a third of the game is completely missing.
I got bored from trying to open new paths by giving different combinations of answers in the game and checked out the script to see what actually happens there. And what I found is that a whole bunch of answers just sets some variables that will never be checked anywhere in the game. I didn't count all possible endings, but there aren't many there, actually. And only one gets far enough to see sis's pussy, all others end before that. A bunch of images from other endings are never used.
Script is a bit difficult to read because variables seem to be in Polish. I think it's Polish, not sure.

Today he made a post on his patreon page about that:

"

I have added some fixes to the Birthday Edition.
- New erotic ending. (spoiler: you have to be at least 3 times nice to Julia and firmly at least twice) Or ask a good fairy for help;) At the end of the erotic conversation with Julia choose the option: "Be strong").

- I fixed some bugs and rebalance the game (now it's easier)

- After talking with a good fairy you don't start the whole game again. You are moving into an erotic conversation with Julia.

- The Mac version is available.

- New erotic ending. (spoiler: you have to be at least 3 times nice to Julia and firmly at least twice) Or ask a good fairy for help;) At the end of the erotic conversation with Julia choose the option: "Be strong").

- After talking with a good fairy you don't start the whole game again. You are moving into an erotic conversation with Julia.

"

Ozygator

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 15, 2016
For anyone who's decrypted the images, what's the secret? I am trying to use the _UnRen decrypter and it's not extracting as it normally does, even if it says it's complete.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
rpa extractor (rpatool v0.8) didn't work because at least one of the files contains unicode symbols and this tool seems to accept only ascii, although there is some unicode library included with it. As I said, there's Polish text in it, that means non-ascii characters.
Unren v0.5 worked fine.

Reactions: HunterSeeker

Ozygator

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 15, 2016
UnRen v.5 is what I am using and it doesn't extract anything when run in the root directory for this game. Unless option #9 doesn't actually do everything like the earlier versions did...

Balub

Aug 13, 2017
Today he made a post on his patreon page about that:

"

"
I can't access the download to this post, any chance someone uploads the fix?

I'm a bit confused about this birthday edition, it seems like there's always the same endings. If I convince Julia to try winning the bet she says that she knows what I want, but proceeds giving me the same show no matter what I selected.
I hope that update fixes that.

N

netkeliye

Wrong post by me, Please ignore if you read it(Already deleted)

Balub

Aug 13, 2017
Hm yeah, it didn't really do much. Tried unpacking the REN in the game directory but I saw it wasn't working when it went back to the start of the day after I talked with the fairy.

You don't happen to have the "right post", don't you?

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
UnRen v.5 is what I am using and it doesn't extract anything when run in the root directory for this game. Unless option #9 doesn't actually do everything like the earlier versions did...
In case you are using the "all of the above" command, then it's possible that some other option than extraction fails and it just doesn't get to extraction before crashing on something. I used "Extract RPA packages" and it worked. You don't need other commands to extract images from rpa archive.
A chain is as strong as it's weakest link. If you only need one link, then you don't have to pull the whole chain, especially if there is a weak link in it.

Reactions: OzBrit

Balub

Aug 13, 2017
I'm 90% certain there is an update coming these next days, but I can't seem to find a post about it. Am I mixing up games here?

elmandor

Respected User
Mar 6, 2017
I'm 90% certain there is an update coming these next days, but I can't seem to find a post about it. Am I mixing up games here?
He said in his patreon '' surely v.04 will be available this month, but I don't know when.''

Apr 29, 2017
Here's some links for the update of "Birthday Edition"

Thinking About You: Birthday Edition - v02 (WIN)

Thinking About You: Birthday Edition - v02 (MAC)

Last edited:
M

MantisK

Here's a link for the update of "Birthday Edition"

Thinking About You: Birthday Edition - v02 (WIN)

I'm still uploading the (MAC) version to MEGA. I'll post it when it's ready.
Is there a venn of the various downloads? I really no longer know which versions I have. I hope the OP with list all potential latest updates of each potential variation of the possible game.

Apr 29, 2017
Is there a venn of the various downloads? I really no longer know which versions I have. I hope the OP with list all potential latest updates of each potential variation of the possible game.
The OP has the links to v03 of the main game and Birthday Edition v01. The links I posted in the comments are just the update for Birthday Edition.

M

MantisK

The OP has the links to v03 of the main game and Birthday Edition v01. The links I posted in the comments are just the update for Birthday Edition.
I have v0.3 from 2 months ago, and both Birthday's, v2 is on his Patreon for free (the fixed one).
But Birthday was originally 0.3 - Birthday, so the confusion was manifested by Noir.

Reactions: Aegon Targaryen

JJI

Jun 18, 2017
Most of the comments are very negative. This game, in all its versions, is more like a comic than a game. I agree, choices don't seem to matter much. Perhaps they will some day as the illustrations are present. However, I love the illustrations -Julia is gorgeous and original - and the dialogue. I haven't seen anything like it. It is funny, everyone has their personality, etc. If you don't care about these aspects then Noir Desir is not for you.

Sep 4, 2017
I wonder if the dev will ever reach a point of normality again. It's not a bad game or a bad update, I've just no flippin idea what's going on. x'D
I wrote and asked the dev if it was possible to get an option to go back home, because i was like wtf and those 2 girls frustrated the shit out of me. XD
I have to admit that i got pleasantly surprised when i started playing the game, its actually pretty well written and is pretty funny aswell^^

Reactions: Balub
4.00 star(s) 36 Votes