-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Pretty much every Ren'py game has the same main menu: Start, Load, Preferences, etc. So imagine my surprise when I booted this up and wanted to start by turning down the music, only to find that I had to read through all these weirdly named entries to find where the preferences were hidden, and then figure out that the one to click on was "Pimp it Up", which is a phrase nobody I respect has ever uttered. Seriously, what kind of drugs was the dev on when he came up with this?
I think it adds nice flavor from the same old, same old. If you don't think pimp it up has ever been uttered by anyone, you've never googled the phrase. It's not a common phrase anymore, but it was once popular, like pwned or on fleek have been a few years back. It's just a slang way of saying, "give the game some style", which would be based on individual preferences . . . thus this correlates to Preferences.

IMO, it's really not hard to figure out what matches the stale, "standard" Ren'Py counterparts. However, FFR here is what they each mean:
  • Back to the Saddle: The English phrase would be back in the saddle, but it means going back to something you've done before. Since you've played the game before, it means to go back to playing the game. To do this, you Load a save.
  • Pimp it Up: Explained above.
  • Memory Lane: This means past experiences you might revisit. In games, this generally is done via a Scene Replay.
  • Rewards: The prize you get in games like this are often unlocked photos, in a Gallery.
  • The Heroes we Need: People you look to for encouragement and support are referred to as heroes; since donators to developers on Patreon are Supporters, they can loosely be seen as heroes also.
  • Shortcuts to Success: Actions performed in Ren'Py are often done via keyboard Controls, which are often shortcuts to another, possibly more standard way of doing the same thing.
  • Goodbye: When you leave, you often say goodbye, so this is used to Exit the game.
Ultimately, changes made are up to the dev of course, but I think the menu is fine as it is.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
monkeyposter_7
Honestly i would just do it as simply as this (without the duplicate lines i kept to make it super easy to spot my changes)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Still has the minor issue that she will sleep in the office if you ask her whats wrong but don't offer her help, as you never track that. Did a quick test and looked the scene was shown with my change.

The bigger issue is how you are planning on handling people who already played past this point
This shouldn't be an issue. F95 has a save editor (thanks to Last Moment), where you can load a save game and modify variables. I generally don't use this unless there's some problem in a game's code. In this case, here's how I fixed it in my own game.
  1. Play until I get the scene with the coffee mug (but don't see Renee sleeping, so you know you've gone down the wrong path to get this scene).
  2. Save the game at the mug (or thereabouts), and then close TfMG.
  3. Run the save editor and unmark the "hide" options at the top after the editor is running. (You only really need to hide the "Ren'Py dialogs" option, but I generally do both without thinking.)
  4. Open the save file (make sure it's the one in the user's AppData folder of Windows, not in TfMG's /game directory) via the editor and run a search for day15reneeknowaboutthrowingout using the field at the top right.
  5. Change the flag (on the second listing) from False to True and click the Apply Changes button.
  6. After restarting TfMG and loading the save file you've modified, roll back to before the scene takes you to the wrong branch.
  7. Click forward to continue the scene down the new branch. (Since the conditional will be looked at anew by the game as you proceed, you should then be taken to the path you want.)
After doing this in my game, it worked like a charm. Of course, with the above you can always just change the renee_lust variable's value as well.

Last edited:

LGM

Nov 22, 2018
I think it adds nice flavor from the same old, same old. If you don't think pimp it up has ever been uttered by anyone, you've never googled the phrase. It's not a common phrase anymore, but it was once popular, like pwned or on fleek have been a few years back. It's just a slang way of saying, "give the game some style", which would be based on individual preferences . . . thus this correlates to Preferences.

IMO, it's really not hard to figure out what matches the stale, "standard" Ren'Py counterparts. However, FFR here is what they each mean:
  • Back to the Saddle: The English phrase would be back in the saddle, but it means going back to something you've done before. Since you've played the game before, it means to go back to playing the game. To do this, you Load a save.
  • Pimp it Up: Explained above.
  • Memory Lane: This means past experiences you might revisit. In games, this generally is done via a Scene Replay.
  • Rewards: The prize you get in games like this are often unlocked photos, in a Gallery.
  • The Heroes we Need: People you look to for encouragement and support are referred to as heroes; since donators to developers on Patreon are Supporters, they can loosely be seen as heroes also.
  • Shortcuts to Success: Actions performed in Ren'Py are often done via keyboard Controls, which are often shortcuts to another, possibly more standard way of doing the same thing.
  • Goodbye: When you leave, you often say goodbye, so this is used to Exit the game.
Ultimately, changes made are up to the dev of course, but I think the menu is fine as it is.
Yes, I got all that. But it took me a bit. My first reaction was, "What is this word salad and why is it here?" And while your explanations make sense, they are not the only way to interpret these phrases. My first interpretation of "Shortcuts to Success" was something like a cheat menu (which I suppose doesn't fit this game, but a new player wouldn't necessarily know that).

All I'm saying is that the standard names for these menu points are short and immediately understandable. They're practical. I take one look at the whole standard menu and I instantly find what I'm looking for, because they're short and simple.
And as I said, I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing to change them, but it's probably easier for a lot of people if they stay the same, including me. I'm not a native speaker. I started learning English 20 years ago and have used it daily for the last maybe 15. And to me this looks more like a semi-desperate try to make the menu cooler than it needs to be while tossing aside the simplicity that makes it good.

And yes, I am aware of the phrase "pimp it up" and its apparent past popularity. As I said, nobody I respect has ever uttered it. Also, maybe this is me misinterpreting it, but doesn't that normally stand for, well, decoration, rather than changing how something performs? Whatever. Point is, if you don't like "Preferences", use "Options". It's shorter and people still know without having to think (or ask google) what it means.

Reactions: SecretSal

Draug

Aug 21, 2017

This should have been edited/posted on frontpage, took some time to find it....Thanks Monkeyposter

Zod666

Nov 1, 2020
What happened to Audrey?! She is best girl imo, why did she get ''killed off''? Kinda lost all intreset in game after that scene on the park bench, really hope she will make a comeback.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
What happened to Audrey?! She is best girl imo, why did she get ''killed off''? Kinda lost all intreset in game after that scene on the park bench, really hope she will make a comeback.
Sorry for the bad news, but she won't. If you search this thread, you'll see posts about it. I liked her, too, but this game isn't really about her anyway. It's about the MC and Jenna ("My Guest"), thus the name. Audrey's departure was unfortunate, but it's not going to change.

TiffanyMonroe

Forum Fanatic
May 29, 2018
Sorry for the bad news, but she won't. If you search this thread, you'll see posts about it. I liked her, too, but this game isn't really about her anyway. It's about the MC and Jenna ("My Guest"), thus the name. Audrey's departure was unfortunate, but it's not going to change.
Wtf? Wasn't she pregnant? What kind of sense does that make to have us start a serious relationship with her then 2 days later erase her from the game? Almost as dumb as the auto pullout scenes. Almost. :KEK:

Irgendwie Irgendwo

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
Wtf? Wasn't she pregnant? What kind of sense does that make to have us start a serious relationship with her then 2 days later erase her from the game? Almost as dumb as the auto pullout scenes. Almost. :KEK:
Well, thing is she had to be removed. The reason for that is up to speculation, as it has never been explained. I guess it's none of our business anyway. Regarding the story continuity, I think the story was in place, and between updates she had to be written out, so the previous plot was left as it is with somehow fitting the new developments in.

TiffanyMonroe

Forum Fanatic
May 29, 2018
Well, thing is she had to be removed. The reason for that is up to speculation, as it has never been explained. I guess it's none of our business anyway. Regarding the story continuity, I think the story was in place, and between updates she had to be written out, so the previous plot was left as it is with somehow fitting the new developments in.
Tbh sounds even dumber after you explained it lol

Irgendwie Irgendwo

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
Well, after reading the Patreon page, can anybody answer me a question: Since I was late to the party, which episode was Audrey introduced and which episode did she leave?

X2Z

Aug 8, 2017
anyone know how to unlock the bonus scenes in the gallery? it says special edition only but there's no patch or anything that i can see. unless im stupid

Irgendwie Irgendwo

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
anyone know how to unlock the bonus scenes in the gallery? it says special edition only but there's no patch or anything that i can see. unless im stupid
Those scenes are Special Edition / $25 tier only and apparently get shared here once in a blue moon. In short, there is no patch, you can't unlock them, there is nothing to see here. And you're not stupid for asking.

Reactions: X2Z

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Well, after reading the Patreon page, can anybody answer me a question: Since I was late to the party, which episode was Audrey introduced and which episode did she leave?
Wasn't she introduced at the very beginning? She was the MC's secretary, after all. At the latest, she would've shown up in episode 2. Her last appearance was in episode 13, the first one in "part 2" of the game.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
If I'm not mistaken, there's a character called Rhyona who the MC can have a relationship with if he doesn't pursue one with Audrey.

Considering Audrey's abrupt departure and the fact she'll never return to the game, players would be better off going for Rhyona instead since she's still around although hasn't yet made an appearance in Season 2.

Irgendwie Irgendwo

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
Wasn't she introduced at the very beginning? She was the MC's secretary, after all. At the latest, she would've shown up in episode 2. Her last appearance was in episode 13, the first one in "part 2" of the game.
Hm, okay, there goes my theory. The dev had a co-worker between episodes 3 and 11. Thought that Audrey may have been his creation.

Ariostebaldo

Sep 17, 2020
Hm, okay, there goes my theory. The dev had a co-worker between episodes 3 and 11. Thought that Audrey may have been his creation.
I think Aubrey was getting too much spotlight and since Jenna is supposed to be the main girl, the dev decided to cut Aubrey off. That was the first thing that came to my mind when Aubrey broke up with the MC.:unsure:

Ariostebaldo

Sep 17, 2020
So there is a bug that make we miss Renee path? Well... Shit! I guess bye bye Renee then...

Last edited:
3.50 star(s) 101 Votes