Download & install renpy ( )
Download the win version of the game
Unzip
Put the folder that now contains the game into the renpy folder
Start renpy
Select TFMG
Launch Project
You can now play the game! :)

Works with almost all renpy games I've tried it with so far.
No more waiting for a mac version! ;)

Reactions: M12

M12

Sep 8, 2018
Unzip
Start renpy
Select TFMG
Launch Project

I’m having trouble with making this method work I have the pc version downloaded but can’t get it open through renpy

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
Unzip
Start renpy
Select TFMG
Launch Project
I’m having trouble with making this method work I have the pc version downloaded but can’t get it open through renpy
yoo need to have matching renpy versions - your desired game (text file "script_version" in your pc GAME/game/ directory)/your renpy, firstly.
run renpy and make folder "projects" or something similar (you could specify any name/location into renpy preferences), and there paste previously copied "game" folder (GAME/game) from pc -game version.
run renpy, select your game (projects on the left side of renpy screen) and hit "launch project" to play the game.
if this is not working for any reason, then you should try and make your own mac-version by chossing "build distributions" under renpy actions, and after that into "build packages" hit "macintosh..", wait a bit for building/packing to finish and there you go.

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
Now I know Christmas is here. The asshole has fallen from the tower. Yeah not the best update but nice, short fun one. A different Christmas special. But a good one for those of us who can remember it.

Reactions: Rock&Rule

raflrafl

Oct 22, 2018
yoo need to have matching renpy versions - your desired game (text file "script_version" in your pc GAME/game/ directory)/your renpy, firstly.
run renpy and make folder "projects" or something similar (you could specify any name/location into renpy preferences), and there paste previously copied "game" folder (GAME/game) from pc -game version.
run renpy, select your game (projects on the left side of renpy screen) and hit "launch project" to play the game.
if this is not working for any reason, then you should try and make your own mac-version by chossing "build distributions" under renpy actions, and after that into "build packages" hit "macintosh..", wait a bit for building/packing to finish and there you go.
I make sure to always update renpy to the latest version - that's usually enough for me (in case the game has been build with a more recent version than what I had).
I also have not created a special folder, or copied only the 'game' folder of the game. Just the full folder from the win version (see attached screenshot).
Works fine for me. :)

Dec 26, 2017
Works fine for me. :)
That's how I manage things on my mac.

Be aware, though, that when updating to a new version of a VN/game---for example if you go to "exchange-student-0.3.0-pc" copy the "saves" folder from the old version's "game" folder to the new version's "game" folder.

Prior to the more recent versions of RenPy SDK a "save" folder was not created in the "game" folder but in your "~/Library/Renpy" folder instead. You never had to worry about a new VN/game version finding the old saves. Now you can wipe out much effort and time by not copying over the "saves" folder.

Reactions: raflrafl

neti

Jun 29, 2018
1577808912312.png
*I am annoying but this is not what a bullet look like at out of the cannon, and the bullet turn.

Reactions: p22

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
View attachment 502563
*I am annoying but this is not what a bullet look like at out of the cannon, and the bullet turn.
ha ha, now that you've pointed it out, I can't ignore the fact that the casing wasn't ejected when the firing pin hit.
I can ignore it not spinning (unless it's animated) but the whole bullet (including casing) being shot as a projectile is just wrong.

Reactions: p22

Kingvlad

Active Member woow
Mar 21, 2018
(y) :love: Keep up the great work monkeyposter_7 and Johnny-Doe :love: (y)

We hope everyone enjoyed our special this holidays!

But right after that one we went back to working on main game. Up until today we were basically working only on animations. We made 11 animations, all of them are over 60 frames, some are 120, and one is a pretty long one...

The writing part is going very well, and we started posing one of the scenes.

Jun 26, 2017
I'm pretty new to this game. Anyone mind telling me, how frequent the updates are? Like do they get published every 3 months or whatever?

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
I'm pretty new to this game. Anyone mind telling me, how frequent the updates are? Like do they get published every 3 months or whatever?
a total of eight full updates and x-mas special in 13 months of development so far, if im not mistaken.
i would say this game is fairly good in terms of "updates frequency", and i hope its gonna stay this way till the end(y)

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
It felt like Jenna in MC's daughter.
Jenna is the daughter of the MC's ex-girlfriend. But, according to the story, Jenna was already born long before the MC moved in. So it just seems like a familial relationship, since they spent years under the same roof, before the MC broke up with Jenna's mother.

At least that's the story the developers have come up with, and they're sticking to it. :)

3.50 star(s) 100 Votes