Mod Ren'Py Thirsty for My Guest [S4 Ep. 28SE] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.00 star(s) 3 Votes
May 27, 2017
Some folks have an issue, some don't, some modded, some OEM. See the post I made here. Download that script, rename it as seen in the post (remove the F95 file prefix), and put it in the "game" folder. It's NOT a modded script, it's the last known dev script that calls the final states of the phone scene loop. It'll get you done. Regards.
Thanks man, I was losing my mind deleting my saves, reinstalling and replaying! This solution fixed it for me. (y)

May 27, 2017
Can you change relationship points with this mod?
No, you can only see the points. But you can use to edit any values in your saves: money, items, relationship points, events, etc. Not just for RenPy, but most game engines. Just copy your save file to the site, change your desired values, download the new save file, replace the original save with the modified one, load the modified save in-game and you're set. (You may want to keep a backup of the unmodified save, just in case you mess up in the values)

While this mod doesn't allow you to change points, it does add a myriad different features which make the gameplay experience easier and much better, I highly recommend using this mod.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Same with me, thou I'm playing on Joiplay Android.
It's a safe bet that JoiPlay cannot handle OpenGL2 as that API is not something that 'Droid has a substitution for (DirectX, etc). When I dumb-down the mod to the point where OpenGL(1) is called instead then 'Droid can handle it but it cripples my work and the point of it's use on PC.

kaixbi

Jan 28, 2019
It's a safe bet that JoiPlay cannot handle OpenGL2 as that API is not something that 'Droid has a substitution for (DirectX, etc). When I dumb-down the mod to the point where OpenGL(1) is called instead then 'Droid can handle it but it cripples my work and the point of it's use on PC.
No worry, I'll play it on my pc then although nowadays I find playing on Android more comfortable (U know f***ing on bed is just different).

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
No worry, I'll play it on my pc then although nowadays I find playing on Android more comfortable (U know f***ing on bed is just different).
If I find a break maybe I'll tinker with a simple "SanchoMod Gallery only mod" for mobile APK. Would that settle for mobile or do you truly require any of the other features of the full mod? Regards.

Gundams

Nov 14, 2019
Sancho1969 Thanks for your hard work. I'm really grateful. Would it be possible for you to please work on a mod for season 1 of thirsty for my guest ?
Thanks

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
Often imitated the SanchoSave is more intelligent and efficient, saving you keystrokes as it remembers the descriptions of your current loaded save and it allows you to escape the process of saving if you wish (I've personally not seen this feature with other imitations).
It seems the toggle in Options doesn't work, it still asks me to enter a description each time I make a save.

BrandonSuns

Aug 16, 2020
Hey man, just wanted to share my experience with your mod of this game.
I seem to have run into a wall here trying to fix the crashing issue but I at least have found which file causes it.

For starters, I'm playing this on a Mac but I've tested this on both the normal and compressed versions of Mac and PC versions of the games (using the Ren'Py Launcher to play the PC version).
Second, the issue I have is with the "Season-02-SE" version of the game, which can be downloaded from the main game's front page here on f95zone.
Thirdly, I've also downloaded the 3rd season and its SanchoMod and that one works as it should (it shows that the mod is installed and everything) so it doesn't seem to be an issue on my part for being played on a Mac afaik.
Finally, I have placed all files where the are supposed to go so no, this isn't because I misplaced them, I'm 99% sure of that. Also, all the games function perfectly without the mod.

Adding/Replacing the "script.rpa" causes the gallery to fully unlock, which is nice. No problem here.
Adding the Sanchomod folder which contains the "SanchoMod.key" file does nothing as far as I know, including not crashing the game.
Adding the "SanchoMod.rpa" file however is what causes the crash to occur during startup; It crashes just before it show the main menu.
I don't get any crash reports or exception reports either so it's like the game just thinks shutting down is the normal course of action.
I've tried putting the file elsewhere to see if this changes anything, like adding it to the SanchoMod folder containing the .key file; The game launches but the mod doesn't work (I should say obviously).
So now I'm left wondering what might cause this issue.

Any ideas? Thank you kindly in advance!

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I've tried putting the file elsewhere to see if this changes anything, like adding it to the SanchoMod folder containing the .key file; The game launches but the mod doesn't work (I should say obviously).
So now I'm left wondering what might cause this issue.
Bud, you can't just place files wherever you feel like it. Simply extract the contents of the zip inside the "game" directory, the file and folder structure should be as stated in the installation instructions in the OP.

Adding the Sanchomod folder which contains the "SanchoMod.key" file does nothing as far as I know, including not crashing the game.
Again, everything is required meaning all files, why are you piecing it out? FYI, the key file is needed for decryption. Again, extract the contents of the zip, and I mean all of the contents not just some of it, and place it all as is inside the "game" folder which is inside your game install folder. Do NOT rename or move anything within the mods contents, install as instructed in OP.

Any ideas? Thank you kindly in advance!
None on PC. I just installed S2 on a virgin machine (no previous installs of anything RenPy), downloaded the mod from MEGA as another user would, and extracted it's contents into the "game" directory as instructed. Everything comes up as it should. I can't help think your botching the installation moving stuff around. It is IMPERATIVE that the files remain as they are in the zip.

Finally, I can't support OSX. I know the mods function 100% on PC (Win/Linux). As long as you're running a virtual machine that leaves the integrity of the file and folder structures it might work for you on OSX....but know that the mod calls for OpenGL2. On PC that means it wants DirectX to handle the API. I have no idea on OSX.

BrandonSuns

Aug 16, 2020
Bud, you can't just place files wherever you feel like it. Simply extract the contents of the zip inside the "game" directory, the file and folder structure should be as stated in the installation instructions in the OP.
Yes, I am aware of that but I simply tried it out of curiosity. I didn't really expect it to work at that point when I tried it but I wanted to make sure I tried everything myself before asking for help. If by some miracle I could resolve the issue myself then at least I would have learned something from it.

Again, everything is required meaning all files, why are you piecing it out? FYI, the key file is needed for decryption. Again, extract the contents of the zip, and I mean all of the contents not just some of it, and place it all as is inside the "game" folder which is inside your game install folder. Do NOT rename or move anything within the mods contents, install as instructed in OP.
I am also well aware of all that but again, I was just trying things out.

I can't help think your botching the installation moving stuff around. It is IMPERATIVE that the files remain as they are in the zip.
I doubt it since I've always done as instructed whenever I used your mods on any game, including previous versions of this one iirc.
This is honestly the first time one of your mods doesn't seem to work for me despite following the proper instructions.
I'm not new to your mods at all nor on how to install a mod in a Ren'Py game in the first place.
I've successfully managed to install your S3 mod on the S3 game so again, I know how to install it properly.
I only moved stuff around after several attempts doing it the normal way, not from the get-go.

I'll try again on another Mac and see if that changes anything.
I'm sorry if I have caused you frustration in all this but I just wanted to make sure that if I could avoid bothering you with it then I'd at least try it. Plus, it would also allow me to learn from it; I've managed to resolve some issues with games not working properly in the past on my own and I've become slightly more acquainted with the Ren'Py system as a result.
Trial and error mostly.
Thank you for taking the time to reply to me, I'll see if I can resolve this issue and I'll let you know if it worked.

Good day to you!

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I'll try again on another Mac and see if that changes anything.
I'm sorry if I have caused you frustration in all this but I just wanted to make sure that if I could avoid bothering you with it then I'd at least try it. Plus, it would also allow me to learn from it; I've managed to resolve some issues with games not working properly in the past on my own and I've become slightly more acquainted with the Ren'Py system as a result.
Trial and error mostly.
Thank you for taking the time to reply to me, I'll see if I can resolve this issue and I'll let you know if it worked.

Good day to you!
Bud, you're not frustrating me, I was just trying to be as clear as possible. Now that we are assuming you've installed as previous SanchoMods I know that S2 was one of the first debuts of the new core of SanchoMod. I'm remembering the Linux folks having a couple issues in another VN and I fixed it. What I don't recall is if that fix made into S2 of this VN. I can check a bit later but currently have folks over and smokin' a brisket like a proper redneck. Bottom-line, I'm not giving up so bare with me and maybe, just maybe we can get you sorted. Regards.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
BrandonSuns Check your msgs. Sent you a patch to try. Just follow the instructions and reply to that msg (not in here) and let me know how that goes for you. Regards.

Prongs66

Jul 29, 2018
Hey Sancho,

got a similar (or maybe even the same?) Problem as BrandonSuns, but in linux. When the mod is installed, the game just closes (crashes?) before displaying the main menu, no error in either the logfile or the terminal (when starting the shell-script via CL).
The game starts fine as soon as I remove SanchoMod.rpa.
TFMG-SEASON-02-SE-pc, fresh install with TFMG-SEASON-02-SE - SanchoMod
Any Idea?

Regards

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hey Sancho,

got a similar (or maybe even the same?) Problem as BrandonSuns, but in linux. When the mod is installed, the game just closes (crashes?) before displaying the main menu, no error in either the logfile or the terminal (when starting the shell-script via CL).
The game starts fine as soon as I remove SanchoMod.rpa.
TFMG-SEASON-02-SE-pc, fresh install with TFMG-SEASON-02-SE - SanchoMod
Any Idea?

Regards
Yep, I have and idea and a likely fix. For OSX or Linux download the attached, extract the file, and drop that file inside the "SanchoMod" folder within the "game" folder. That should get you done. Regards.

NOTE: this is for Season 2 ONLY...do not use for Season 3 mod.

Here's a Mega link:

Last edited:
Reactions: ran46

Prongs66

Jul 29, 2018
Yep, I have and idea and a likely fix. For OSX or Linux download the attached, extract the file, and drop that file inside the "SanchoMod" folder within the "game" folder. That should get you done. Regards.
Sorry, I get a "404 Not Found" when trying to download...:(

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sorry, I get a "404 Not Found" when trying to download...:(
Right-click, save as....I just tried it, works fine. The file is hosted via F95 so if you can refresh this thread then there's no reason you can't download it. Try again bud.

Prongs66

Jul 29, 2018
Right-click, save as....I just tried it, works fine. The file is hosted via F95 so if you can refresh this thread then there's no reason you can't download it. Try again bud.
No can do, it doesn't seem to be available to me. I tried left-click (404 in browser), right-click (download cancelled in Opera) and even JDownloader (file offline). Maybe it takes a while to become online here, I'll try later or tomorrow again and give a shout if it still won't work...
Thx and regards.

4.00 star(s) 3 Votes