Mod Ren'Py Thirty Days [v0.06.00] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Twistty

The Happy Beaver
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2016
Hey brother, been a while since I've seen ya. Hope all is well with you and yours.
Was crazy there for a bit IRL - but all good now.
Don't know how you make so many mods???
But glad you do - lol :p

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Was crazy there for a bit IRL - but all good now.
Don't know how you make so many mods???
But glad you do - lol :p
Yeah, IRL lately has been wonky for many of us I reckon. Still healthy and happy so I dwell on that personally... well, that and a few adult beverages here and there but who's counting? :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Twistty

hkennereth

Mar 3, 2019
Hey Sancho1969, I'm getting an error message with the latest update, FYI:

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/SanchoMod/SanchoMod ThirtyDays.rpy", line 2949, in <module>
ValueError: list.remove(x): x not in list

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "D:\Entertainment\ThirtyDays\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 274, in bootstrap
    renpy.main.main()
  File "D:\Entertainment\ThirtyDays\renpy\main.py", line 558, in main
    renpy.game.context().run(node)
  File "SanchoMod/SanchoMod ThirtyDays.rpyc", line 2932, in script
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/site-packages/future/utils/__init__.py", line 441, in raise_
  File "D:\Entertainment\ThirtyDays\renpy\ast.py", line 1131, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "D:\Entertainment\ThirtyDays\renpy\python.py", line 1049, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "D:\Entertainment\ThirtyDays\renpy\revertable.py", line 97, in do_mutation
    return method(self, *args, **kwargs)

Windows-10-10.0.22621 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.1.22070801
Thirty Days - Chapter 1 0.048.00
Sun Nov 26 23:25:17 2023

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hey Sancho1969, I'm getting an error message with the latest update, FYI:

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "D:\Entertainment\ThirtyDays\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 274, in bootstrap
    renpy.main.main()
  File "D:\Entertainment\ThirtyDays\renpy\main.py", line 558, in main
    renpy.game.context().run(node)
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/site-packages/future/utils/__init__.py", line 441, in raise_
  File "D:\Entertainment\ThirtyDays\renpy\ast.py", line 1131, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "D:\Entertainment\ThirtyDays\renpy\python.py", line 1049, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "D:\Entertainment\ThirtyDays\renpy\revertable.py", line 97, in do_mutation
    return method(self, *args, **kwargs)

Windows-10-10.0.22621 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.1.22070801
Thirty Days - Chapter 1 0.048.00
Sun Nov 26 23:25:17 2023
Do this for me...and ONLY these steps (2 of them):

The proper installation process is two steps, and only these two (for PC in English):
  1. Install a fresh/unadulterated version of the VN (no hackery, no shenanigans, just the plain VN). You can do this in a new folder if you wish to retain your existing installation for whatever reason.
  2. Install the mod as directed in the OP (place all of the contents of the mod's zip inside the "/game" folder of the VN).
That's it, don't do anything else but start the VN and report back. For testing I would start a new playthough for a bit. If that works then try whatever save you tried before. If it borks, your save is corrupted. My best guess is that you've added some other utility to your mod installation or you've unarchived some of the the scripts. SanchoMod does not play well with others and it doesn't like things being pulled apart.

hkennereth

Mar 3, 2019
Do this for me...and ONLY these steps (2 of them):

The proper installation process is two steps, and only these two (for PC in English):
  1. Install a fresh/unadulterated version of the VN (no hackery, no shenanigans, just the plain VN). You can do this in a new folder if you wish to retain your existing installation for whatever reason.
  2. Install the mod as directed in the OP (place all of the contents of the mod's zip inside the "/game" folder of the VN).
That's it, don't do anything else but start the VN and report back. For testing I would start a new playthough for a bit. If that works then try whatever save you tried before. If it borks, your save is corrupted. My best guess is that you've added some other utility to your mod installation or you've unarchived some of the the scripts.
That is actually what I did. I always remove all previous files (minus the /game/saves folder) before installing a new version of any VN, unless they specifically release update packages. And this error is during first load, the game doesn't even open.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
That is actually what I did. I always remove all previous files (minus the /save folder) before installing a new version of any VN, unless they specifically release update packages.
Perform the stated steps... install a new VN installation in a new/different directory... not an existing one, then continue to the mod installation step. Just try that... it'll work.

hkennereth

Mar 3, 2019
Perform the stated steps... install a new VN installation in a new/different directory... not an existing one, then continue to the mod installation step. Just try that... it'll work.
Well... it worked... but I don't have my save games anymore. Did the dev break backwards compatibility?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Ah, that explains it, thanks!
Now... with all that done just know that some of your older saves won't load at the exact points. The dev rewrote a lot of dialogue and made massive grammatical changes in the earlier days so RenPy will have to rollback a bit to find a stable spot (usually at the start of an internal label). The variables and conditionals are the same though, so you won't have to necessarily start from scratch unless. Just know it's a thing.

Twistty

The Happy Beaver
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2016
Well there goes the questions I just had about save files?
Thanks guys.

" dev rewrote a lot of dialogue and made massive grammatical changes in the earlier days "
Sounds like it might be worth starting over again anyways.

Dark Silence

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 17, 2021
Now... with all that done just know that some of your older saves won't load at the exact points. The dev rewrote a lot of dialogue and made massive grammatical changes in the earlier days so RenPy will have to rollback a bit to find a stable spot (usually at the start of an internal label). The variables and conditionals are the same though, so you won't have to necessarily start from scratch unless. Just know it's a thing.
My saves are from back in April and it loaded right where I saved it. Guess I'm lucky for once:
1701054459734.png

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
My saves are from back in April and it loaded right where I saved it. Guess I'm lucky for once:
Remember, it's not the IRL date of the save that matters (that's irrelevant) but the actual in-game day.
Regardless, hope your now back on track and please enjoy.

Dark Silence

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 17, 2021
Remember, it's not the IRL date of the save that matters (that's irrelevant) but the actual in-game day.
Regardless, hope your now back on track and please enjoy.
Yeah. Didn't have much issues. Not sure what day I'm on, it's when we first meet Dakota.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Yeah. Didn't have much issues. Not sure what day I'm on, it's when we first meet Dakota.
The MiniStat will tell you that and more. Toggle On/Off via the "m" key on your keyboard or via the MiniMenu (bottom-right of screen) or within SanchoOptions. Three ways to do the same thing...pick your favorite. I've coded the VN so that the MiniStat will get out of the way and reappear on it's own so it's basically automated. Give it a shot if you haven't before.

Dark Silence

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 17, 2021
The MiniStat will tell you that and more. Toggle On/Off via the "m" key on your keyboard or via the MiniMenu (bottom-right of screen) or within SanchoOptions. Three ways to do the same thing...pick your favorite. I've coded the VN so that the MiniStat will get out of the way and reappear on it's own so it's basically automated. Give it a shot if you haven't before.
Yeah. That doesn't help. Font is too small, which is why I have never used it.

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
Well, at least the female route, it was pretty quick, but no problems I saw from your mod. Thank you so very much for your work on this!!!

Reactions: Sancho1969
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote