Mod Ren'Py Thirty Days [v0.06.00] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote
Nov 18, 2022
As i wrote mod indicates its for v0.04.93, game version is v0.04.94 and i have error like described before (0 game modifications or saves) - after intro game just exits back to desktop/steam deck gamemode

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
As i wrote mod indicates its for v0.04.93, game version is v0.04.94 and i have error like described before (0 game modifications or saves) - after intro game just exits back to desktop/steam deck gamemode
The mod is for exactly as is the current VN version on this site:
  • Mod - v0.04.93+BugFix
  • VN - v0.04.93+BugFix
The issue you describe is obvious to me due to you having an installation error... so that's on you.

The proper installation process is two steps, and only these two (for PC in English):
  1. Install a fresh/unadulterated version of the VN found on this site here (no hackery, no shenanigans, just the plain VN). You can do this in a new folder if you wish to retain your existing installation for whatever reason.
  2. Install the mod as directed in the OP (place all of the contents of the mod's zip inside the "/game" folder of the VN).
That's it, don't do anything else but start the VN and report back.

Now, if you have Steam and it's a different version of the VN, then obviously there is a mismatch... that's obvious and not rocket science. Mod/VN versions must always be identical... that's why we write the versions... for correlation.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
was curious can make a steam verison of your mod? Just released today

I am curious about that as well :cool:

It is slightly changed, a lot of prep work done for day 5, completed ava scene, updated music database, and a few other changes here and their (itch is now on the same version steam is.)

that being said, It would be best to wait a couple of weeks for the addition of day 5 before updating here.

Reactions: 3DRComics

Neoempiricist

Oct 23, 2020
The mod is for exactly as is the current VN version on this site:
  • Mod - v0.04.93+BugFix
  • VN - v0.04.93+BugFix
The issue you describe is obvious to me due to you having an installation error... so that's on you.

The proper installation process is two steps, and only these two (for PC in English):
  1. Install a fresh/unadulterated version of the VN found on this site here (no hackery, no shenanigans, just the plain VN). You can do this in a new folder if you wish to retain your existing installation for whatever reason.
  2. Install the mod as directed in the OP (place all of the contents of the mod's zip inside the "/game" folder of the VN).
That's it, don't do anything else but start the VN and report back.

Now, if you have Steam and it's a different version of the VN, then obviously there is a mismatch... that's obvious and not rocket science. Mod/VN versions must always be identical... that's why we write the versions... for correlation.
Hi Sancho, the mod does not work for Mac. I know you do not claim it should but most of your mods for Ren'Py games do work for Macs. I know that you do not have the means to test your mods on a Mac but I am happy to test for you should you feel like building this mod as multi-platform.

Error:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
Exception: Line with id D1FADrive_219a4264 appeared twice, at game/SanchoMod/scripts/Diverged/D1/D1FA.rpyc:21 and game/scripts/Diverged/D1/D1FA.rpy:20.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "/Volumes/Areca ARC-8050/NSFW/1. Visual Novels Catalogue/Thirty Days/Thirty Days.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/bootstrap.py", line 274, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "/Volumes/Areca ARC-8050/NSFW/1. Visual Novels Catalogue/Thirty Days/Thirty Days.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/main.py", line 490, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "/Volumes/Areca ARC-8050/NSFW/1. Visual Novels Catalogue/Thirty Days/Thirty Days.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/script.py", line 297, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "/Volumes/Areca ARC-8050/NSFW/1. Visual Novels Catalogue/Thirty Days/Thirty Days.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/script.py", line 809, in load_appropriate_file
self.finish_load(stmts, initcode, filename=lastfn) # type: ignore
File "/Volumes/Areca ARC-8050/NSFW/1. Visual Novels Catalogue/Thirty Days/Thirty Days.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/script.py", line 427, in finish_load
self.translator.take_translates(all_stmts)
File "/Volumes/Areca ARC-8050/NSFW/1. Visual Novels Catalogue/Thirty Days/Thirty Days.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/translation/__init__.py", line 166, in take_translates
raise Exception("Line with id %s appeared twice, at %s:%d and %s:%d." %
Exception: Line with id D1FADrive_219a4264 appeared twice, at game/SanchoMod/scripts/Diverged/D1/D1FA.rpyc:21 and game/scripts/Diverged/D1/D1FA.rpy:20.

macOS-10.16-x86_64-i386-64bit x86_64
Ren'Py 8.0.1.22070801
Thirty Days 0.04.93
Sat Sep 30 21:40:49 2023

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
The exception describes exactly what your issue is in this case... you have copied the files twice:
1) game/SanchoMod/scripts/Diverged/D1/
2) game/scripts/Diverged/D1/

The second is correct, the first one is not. It appears you placed some of the zip contents inside the "SanchoMod" directory by mistake. Inside the zip is one file and two directories, all three go directly inside the VN's "/game" directory/folder.

Make sense?

Reactions: Twistty

Neoempiricist

Oct 23, 2020
The exception describes exactly what your issue is in this case... you have copied the files twice:
1) game/SanchoMod/scripts/Diverged/D1/
2) game/scripts/Diverged/D1/

The second is correct, the first one is not. It appears you placed some of the zip contents inside the "SanchoMod" directory by mistake. Inside the zip is one file and two directories, all three go directly inside the VN's "/game" directory/folder.

Make sense?
Thank you, Sancho. I will remove incorrect files! Much appreciated!

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Given the availability of an update , would you consider to update your mod as well?
One VN fan (that I shall not name) reached out to me today and asked... I replied with a detailed post but haven't heard back from them yet... I think they have both versions (S/non-S) which I was curious to see the difference as they aren't on the same version (for some unknown reason, makes no sense).

• Wow

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I don't know how I'm supposed to keep the mod in sync tbh... if the was the only VN I worked then I'd just make a mod for each separate version but all things considered....fuck that, I have a life. Reckon I'll always just push the highest version available and make sure they work on both steam/non-steam... then problem may be solved. I'd have to see the code first to know if it's viable. Some VN's it is, some it ain't. I'll sweat it later... it's time for an adult beverage or two.... or three.

• Haha

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
The dev seems to be confused on how version numbering works and what version number they're actually on...

I've listed the last public version number as v0.04.93 (of the mod and VN) which is correct according to the scripts even though the VN's OP still reports it as "v4.93"... fair enough. The latest build on Patreon says "v4.7", Steam has had "v0.48" & "v0.49". Confused yet? It's not over...

The build I have now (which is supposed to be the latest build) states "0.048.00".
But the dev's "About" page says (his typing exactly) "Version 0.4.99".

What the actual f***?! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote