4.50 star(s) 57 Votes

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
Yes, this was actually one of my biggest issues with sandbox too. This game will have more sandbox as It continues, but I don't want that constantly clicking every room just to see what you have to do next, it will be open but "guided"
Gawd, I wished I had read the thread before wasting download time/bandwidth instead of letting the description pull me in...
maybe add it to the tags so folks don't get disappointed after the fact???

Reactions: molva

3DRComics

Game Developer
Mar 13, 2022
Gawd, I wished I had read the thread before wasting download time/bandwidth instead of letting the description pull me in...
maybe add it to the tags so folks don't get disappointed after the fact???
What exactly are you disappointed in? the fact that it DOESN'T have any sandbox at all at the moment, or that it will eventually have a minor sandbox?

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
What exactly are you disappointed in? the fact that it DOESN'T have any sandbox at all at the moment, or that it will eventually have a minor sandbox?
The fact that it will get one. I just can't stand sandbox in whatever form... If i would want to play any kind of free roam game I'd choose an RPG instead...
it did't end up as a dislike in my sig for no reason... ;)

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
People are just afraid of the "sandbox" tag, because it often means random clicking on random rooms at different times in the hope to find some new scene, needed to progress the story.

Like the typical "peek on mom in the shower, tuesday at 9 AM", because if you "peek in the shower on monday at 10AM", your mom will catch you spying on your sister and you'll get a bad end. :rolleyes:

Even if that is not a true "sandbox" at all, but it does mean a lot of annoying "work" for the player, who, indeed might as well play a RPGM game.

FaceCrap if you are worried about something like that, it's not in the game, and I don't think it ever will be. There are, however, different stats which you'll need to proceed along certain paths in the game. But so far it's not a sandbox, the thread is also lacking sandbox tag.

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
FaceCrap if you are worried about something like that, it's not in the game, and I don't think it ever will be. There are, however, different stats which you'll need to proceed along certain paths in the game. But so far it's not a sandbox, the thread is also lacking sandbox tag.
Currently not, but as the dev stated, it will eventually be in there ...
it will eventually have a minor sandbox

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
Currently not, but as the dev stated, it will eventually be in there ...
We will see. As I tried to explain, there are different types of sandbox. Most I don't like but some can be bearable.

Since I really do like this game, I will anyway try to bear whatever awfullness the dev unleashes upon us, poor players, in some future. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Udayana

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
Since I really do like this game, I will anyway try to bear whatever awfullness the dev unleashes upon us, poor players, in some future. ;)
Since I've not yet even started the game, I decided to not play it just incase. Depending on how this takes form, I might reconsider, but I highly doubt it.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
A scene I really like is when Alex is sitting on the mc and he is rubbing her back
Sometimes the slightly sexual scenes are hotter than full sex scenes imo

Reactions: Yngling

3DRComics

Game Developer
Mar 13, 2022
The fact that it will get one. I just can't stand sandbox in whatever form... If i would want to play any kind of free roam game I'd choose an RPG instead...
it did't end up as a dislike in my sig for no reason... ;)
Okay, Yeah. I can understand this. I feel the same way. Their is very few games I think pull this off well, or have a story good enough to deal with the annoyances of it. I've stopped playing games because the sandbox pissed me off to much.

I only use the term "sandbox" due to lack of a better term.
In reality what it will get. is more or less free-roam segments.

Here's a scenario for example.
You are in a house with 3 or more woman you can be sexually involved with, As the story progresses and you becomes more involved with all of them, you have a choice of who you want to spend the night with.
Rather then just a question box that asks "Hey, who you fucking tonight" lol. it will enter a "free-roam" where you can choose who and how involved your interactions are.
Meaning you can just pick a room, and choose to end the night in that room, either with just going to bed, or having sexy time.
or you can go have a minor interaction with one, then go to another room and have another minor interaction their. The choices ending at whichever girl you decide to sleep with, either "sleep with" or just sleep with.
you can even choose to leave the house and go see some one else.

This game will never have "You must wait till day 15 to do this."
all interactions in free-roam are triggered/advanced by your progression with the character, either in story or in free-roam, not by time.
So if you have a character you want to perform a certain action with, you can either just rely on story interactions and a few minor free-roam interactions to get that in action like 5 days. or you can choose to spend all your free-roam time with her, unlocking that action sooner.

It's really hard to fully explain my goal until you can see it. But with all the side content / stories we have written for this, and the early decision to NOT make the game a full sandbox. This was the alternative.
and free-roam segments are skip-able too, meaning you can completely choose to not play that way and just follow the main arc, but you will miss out on some of the side content and characters, and miss out on things like voyeurism.

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
I only use the term "sandbox" due to lack of a better term.
In reality what it will get. is more or less free-roam segments.
That is good to hear. Better to avoid using the term "sandbox" altogether then though... It scares people :WutFace:

I do still have some practical objection: since a lot of the players will be playing one-handed, if you know what I mean, use of a mouse of annoying. I would personally prefer a menu and be able to use arrow keys.

88Michele88

Bloodborn Vampire
Game Developer
Apr 22, 2018
That is good to hear. Better to avoid using the term "sandbox" altogether then though... It scares people :WutFace:

I do still have some practical objection: since a lot of the players will be playing one-handed, if you know what I mean, use of a mouse of annoying. I would personally prefer a menu and be able to use arrow keys.
I prefer this way it is, it will just complicate things.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Yeah I wish there was a free roam tag on this site
It sounds like the roaming sections are going to be similar to BaD.
which I think Is cool.

I hate the sort of games where you have to go to certain areas at a certain time
and repeat the same event over and over lol.

Cabin

Dec 11, 2022
Do we get so the mc's body (like in third person ) or is it more like a pov game (first person )

4.50 star(s) 57 Votes