Kame-Sennin

Engaged Member
Aug 29, 2017
You work for patreon? You don't ask questions like that. A dev never ever intends incest. That is the evil brought by unconnected modders.
Not true, there are some DEV who provides the INCpatch themseleves. So let me alter the question then, Is the incest patch from the DEV himself or from a Modder ?

Reactions: Ero - Sennin

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Ofcourse if its from the DEV , script in-game and the patch will make sense and its bug-free . Take a look at Mr.Dot's game for example
Very simply put, since Patreon does not like devs adding patches, every patch of that nature is by definition made by a sick modder that wants to pervert the innocent nature of the game. Anyone who thinks dev might have intended a less innocent version of the game in the first place, well that is just their opinion that they are free to hold. :p.

• Haha

Deleted member 997153

I am a meat popsicle
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 7, 2018
Ofcourse if its from the DEV , script in-game and the patch will make sense and its bug-free . Take a look at Mr.Dot's game for example
You can get all of those things in a fan-made patch. If you think Dots makes a bug-free game or his script makes sense, then you're off your meds.

If you want to play with a patch, then download the patch. If you don't like it, then remove the patch. That's your answer about the patch.

• Thinking Face

Kame-Sennin

Engaged Member
Aug 29, 2017
You can get all of those things in a fan-made patch. If you think Dots makes a bug-free game or his script makes sense, then you're off your meds.

If you want to play with a patch, then download the patch. If you don't like it, then remove the patch. That's your answer about the patch.
Very simply put, since Patreon does not like devs adding patches, every patch of that nature is by definition made by a sick modder that wants to pervert the innocent nature of the game. Anyone who thinks dev might have intended a less innocent version of the game in the first place, well that is just their opinion that they are free to hold. :p.
So you're saying that incest games nowadays aren't really incest and its just because of a fan modder ? I thought that DEV like Mr Dots , Inceton, Icstor (Milfy City), Summertime Saga and some other , made a patch or should I say a separate script (a non-incest and incest script) so that their game won't be banned in patreon so even if the game is suppose to incest originally , they can cover it by using a non-incest script.

Well you see my point is I want to incest mode only if the DEVs original plan theme for the game is incest like those games that I mentioned, because some other games aren't and just like what you said its because of a fan modder that likes incest. So thats why I am asking but in this game This is not heaven maybe its not suppose to be incest because theres an errors and issues in the script when I used the MOD.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
So you're saying that incest games nowadays aren't really incest and its just because of a fan modder ? I thought that DEV like Mr Dots , Inceton, Icstor (Milfy City), Summertime Saga and some other , made a patch or should I say a separate script (a non-incest and incest script) so that their game won't be banned in patreon so even if the game is suppose to incest originally , they can cover it by using a non-incest script.

Well you see my point is I want to incest mode only if the DEVs original plan theme for the game is incest like those games that I mentioned, because some other games aren't and just like what you said its because of a fan modder that likes incest. So thats why I am asking but in this game This is not heaven maybe its not suppose to be incest because theres an errors and issues in the script when I used the MOD.
Look at the theme of the game and you will know or can make an educated guess whether dev intended it or not. Nobody will acknowledge it though since the Patreon thought police does react badly to that and deniability of any involvement of devs is important unfortunately.

So no patch of that nature is by definition ever provided by the dev himself. If have a problem with that complain to Patreon and Paypall and their customer service that created that unfortunate situation by deciding they would be the arbiters of what is allowed, whether it confirms with free speech laws all around the world or not as a commercial corporation.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
As the proofreader/translator guy (soon to be ex, or now ex I guess, due to some IRL issues on my end) I can say with certainty that the original scripts I receive are incest free. The patch is made by someone else, a deviant personality who sees his mother naked on EVERY Rorschach ink blot they've ever looked at... Altered Vision doesn't approve of or condone the incest patch but understands that, with the setup of the plot, it is easy to believe that it was intended to be an incestuous relationship.

Anyway, this means I am officially unofficially retired as a proofreader. LOL

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
As the proofreader/translator guy (soon to be ex, or now ex I guess, due to some IRL issues on my end) I can say with certainty that the original scripts I receive are incest free. The patch is made by someone else, a deviant personality who sees his mother naked on EVERY Rorschach ink blot they've ever looked at... Altered Vision doesn't approve of or condone the incest patch but understands that, with the setup of the plot, it is easy to believe that it was intended to be an incestuous relationship.

Thank you for your service. :)

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Thank you for that. At least this was my choice to make, that hasn't always been true in the past. AV has been a great friend through everything and I wish him nothing but the best. Unfortunately I need to focus on IRL things for the foreseeable future.
Totally get that. Some of us pirates appreciate all that goes into making a vn that we enjoy. I hope your real life smooths and goes steady so maybe one day again you can help in the good works. Best of luck and again thanks.

Kame-Sennin

Engaged Member
Aug 29, 2017
Look at the theme of the game and you will know or can make an educated guess whether dev intended it or not
You see ? that's the reason why I am asking about this game because I can't tell if it is but anyway I have decided that I will not use the patch/mod anymore in this game because there is an error in the script everytime I will save the game

Deleted member 997153

I am a meat popsicle
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 7, 2018
You see ? that's the reason why I am asking about this game because I can't tell if it is but anyway I have decided that I will not use the patch/mod anymore in this game because there is an error in the script everytime I will save the game
Patreon has suspended devs from their platform for providing patches with content that violates their TOS on third-party sites. For that reason alone, even if a dev were to provide a patch, they would never admit to it. Therefore, it's pointless for you to ask the question.

Your insistence that you need a definitive answer as to the origin of a patch is unbelievably dense at best and suspicious at worst. If you're interested in the content provided by a patch, then the only relevant question is how well-made is the patch? Plenty of modders provide patches for banned content, bug-fixes, or spelling/grammar corrections that fix or improve games. The origin of a patch will tell you nothing about its quality.

In any event, Mr Friendly gave you a definitive answer and he would know better than anyone.

Ero - Sennin

May 18, 2017

I also believe that Altered Vision never intended this game to have incest, I tried to play both non-patch and patched game and the incest script seems unnatural, I also agree that some patch are made by modders but there are some games I agree with that HNigamer guy that is a patch (or a solution to play incest mod like customizing the relationship in the intro) made by the DEV himself , games that are intended to be real incest like Inceton, Icstor, Darkcookie and Mr.Dot's DMD (I'm not sure about Sunshine Love though) .

Reactions: Kame-Sennin
3.20 star(s) 46 Votes