Uzhirian

Jul 18, 2017
"Surprisingly it hasn't. There are several elements that I have had to take artistic license on because if I didn't the game would suck.
Things like Electricity...surely that would stop working otherwise we have an infinite supply of power?
I've tried to keep things as realistic as I can but more importantly consistent. What I don't want is for something to happen in 1 scene that wasn't possible in another (without explanation anyway). This is science fiction after all so I suppose who is to say what could or couldn't happen?"

That particular nugget came to me by way of a late 70's early 80's movie Called "The Girl, the Gold Watch and Everything" which was about of all things, a gold pocket watch that could stop time for short periods of time. I had thought that it might have been a part of the inspiration for this storyline. if not, it might be worth looking it up, and if it can be found it might give unthought of ideas (there was a second one also, but I don't recall the title. Oh, and please, if you do watch them, do so with the foreknowledge that they were made in the 70's/80's and so are likely to be highly cheesy, lol)
It has been a while since I studied physics, but this question intrigued me so I kinda dove in more than I should have lol.

At first I figured that theoretically driving off a cliff and freezing time before hitting the ground would be survivable if the driver's got their seat belt on and the height wasn't too great as in this situation the car would start bleeding horizontal velocity (and drop all acceleration) when it crashed the barrier and the tires left the ground, and it would only have horizontal velocity it built up during the fall starting from 0 (accelerating by gravity).
But gravity is a bitch. Humans can survive max of about 9 g's normally but time is an important factor in this. The longer the time spent at high g the worse. There is one case of someone surviving 46g for a few seconds though.
Ignoring horizontal velocity, just the drop alone from a 100m cliff, you would be near the ground in about 4.5 seconds at ~45m/s. Which in an instant stop scenario (1ms) is like 4500+ g's haha.
Therefore the solution would be time. If the watch didn't freeze time instantly, but just fast enough it appeared that way to a casual observer pressing the button, say in 500ms of time, then suddenly that force is ~9g and the driver can probably hop out, cry a bit and walk off.

Reactions: herrbertold

herrbertold

Jun 7, 2017
It has been a while since I studied physics, but this question intrigued me so I kinda dove in more than I should have lol.

At first I figured that theoretically driving off a cliff and freezing time before hitting the ground would be survivable if the driver's got their seat belt on and the height wasn't too great as in this situation the car would start bleeding horizontal velocity (and drop all acceleration) when it crashed the barrier and the tires left the ground, and it would only have horizontal velocity it built up during the fall starting from 0 (accelerating by gravity).
But gravity is a bitch. Humans can survive max of about 9 g's normally but time is an important factor in this. The longer the time spent at high g the worse. There is one case of someone surviving 46g for a few seconds though.
Ignoring horizontal velocity, just the drop alone from a 100m cliff, you would be near the ground in about 4.5 seconds at ~45m/s. Which in an instant stop scenario (1ms) is like 4500+ g's haha.
Therefore the solution would be time. If the watch didn't freeze time instantly, but just fast enough it appeared that way to a casual observer pressing the button, say in 500ms of time, then suddenly that force is ~9g and the driver can probably hop out, cry a bit and walk off.
You just blasted out a whole lot of physics and science I don't know, lol. My thought on it over the years when its come to mind is that it would be akin to being hurtled into an instant (no ms's at all) stop and any solid objects outside the time freeze would be solid, like a giant block of the hardest substance, wether its the seatbelts of a car or the dashboard/windshield of a car. (the idea being they don't have 'time' to move or break or whatever to offer any kind of buffer to the time travelers body.) I suppose this could include anything be it a coin thrown through the air that happens to be in front of the time traveler, or maybe even a drop of sweat that flew from the traveler before time was stopped (the idea being high g's and a solid unmoving object of infintesimel size with all the force being applied to it, I can only imagine how grusome that could be). It's a very interesting mental excercise, one that I have revisited hundreds of times since I first saw the show that introduced me to it. Of course keeping in mind that I would be using the rules introduced to me by said movie, which being from the 70's/80's means that its about as bare of scientific facts as is possible, lol.

Uzhirian

Jul 18, 2017
You just blasted out a whole lot of physics and science I don't know, lol. My thought on it over the years when its come to mind is that it would be akin to being hurtled into an instant (no ms's at all) stop and any solid objects outside the time freeze would be solid, like a giant block of the hardest substance, wether its the seatbelts of a car or the dashboard/windshield of a car. (the idea being they don't have 'time' to move or break or whatever to offer any kind of buffer to the time travelers body.) I suppose this could include anything be it a coin thrown through the air that happens to be in front of the time traveler, or maybe even a drop of sweat that flew from the traveler before time was stopped (the idea being high g's and a solid unmoving object of infintesimel size with all the force being applied to it, I can only imagine how grusome that could be). It's a very interesting mental excercise, one that I have revisited hundreds of times since I first saw the show that introduced me to it. Of course keeping in mind that I would be using the rules introduced to me by said movie, which being from the 70's/80's means that its about as bare of scientific facts as is possible, lol.
Haha yeah, like I said I delved more into your question of the instant stop than I probably should have but curiosity gets what it wants a lot of the time. And you are pretty much right, if you stop instantly at a decent speed then your going to die, the force is ridiculously high, but physics at least says with a few added msecs the surviving the suicide scene could be reasonable (on the border of reasonable anyway).

Reactions: herrbertold

dougiehouser

Jun 9, 2019
Was there a walkthrough mod for this game previously?
My save from 2.0 can't find its place, and that's normally because there was a mod.

apocalypsetoday

Game Developer
May 25, 2021
This Time is coming to Steam and I urgently need some Mac users to test that format for me as I don't have a mac and my Patreon budget doesn't stretch anywhere near buying one.
If you can help please give me a shout it should only take a few minutes of your time.
Thanks!

Reactions: Kaeris
Oct 9, 2020
If you are able to unren the game then edit line line 43 of script.rpy.
It currently says:
define config.image_cache_size =50
Change it to define config.image_cache_size = 8 and see if that helps?

This will be set automatically in the next version but may help you in the mean time.
If it helps let me know :)
So i tried to unren an change the value, but i guess i already have the new version with this value set to 8. it still is laggy with cpu to 100%. i am running the game on a virtual machine with 4 vcpus an 8GB of ram until the mentioned dialog with annie everything is smooth, after that mayhem ... like the game btw.

Last edited:

apocalypsetoday

Game Developer
May 25, 2021
So i tried to unren an change the value, but i guess i already have the new version with this value set to 8. it still is laggy with cpu to 100%. i am running the game on a virtual machine with 4 vcpus an 8GB of ram until the mentioned dialog with annie everything is smooth, after that mayhem ... like the game btw.
Is it the scene with the coffee cup?

TheDick69+

Jun 29, 2021
Found this game and played it! This absolutely a keeper and I'm eagerly waiting for next Chapter. Keep up the good work Dev! (y)

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
There are horror elements such as kidnap, murder, psychological and physical torture so not horror in the sense of say "resident evil" but horror in the sense of being afraid of dark and mysterious things that are happening..
did the chick who got shot really die? cause if so... shame. honestly im just curious cause it looked like she might've been able to survive that but eh whatver.

Jaango

Aug 15, 2021
spotlight0.2.7.png

It's time!

The second preview release of chapter 3 is almost ready for you to feast your eyes upon and I am very excited for you to get your hands on it. I'm not able to release details of how many renders. animations, scenes etc just yet but I think you will all enjoy.

Version 0.2.7 will be released on the following schedule:

Tuesday 3rd May - Released to Steam holders,

Tuesday 10th May - Released to

Tuesday 17th May - Released to all Steam and players who own the game.

This is also your last call to grab the game on STEAM at its current price as the first incremental price increase comes into play on 3rd May to coincide with this update. There certainly won't be a price rise with EVERY update but as we phase out of the introductory period in which players are rewarded for backing the game at such an early stage it's time to implement a price increase from $2.99 to $4.99. Grab it now and own it forever at $2.99!

To reflect the Steam price increase, the free steam key offer on Patreon will be moving up to the Driver tier and above from 3rd May.

Lastly, don't forget that the has a 25% discount that ends 10th April.

depp123

Jul 10, 2021
Was there a walkthrough mod for this game previously?
My save from 2.0 can't find its place, and that's normally because there was a mod.
Yep, you can still find it in this thread actually - already got abandoned before 2.0 came out tho.

apocalypsetoday

Game Developer
May 25, 2021
Why didn't the Dev say here about Steam release? Anyway I bought it
Hi,
I thought about it and ended up just adding the link to the original post for Steam. With this being a pirate site (and a particularly salty one at times!) I didn't want to 'stir the pot'.

But yeah, if anybody is interested, its now available on Steam (see link in first post )
:)

Reactions: Sirrah

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
Hi,
I thought about it and ended up just adding the link to the original post for Steam. With this being a pirate site (and a particularly salty one at times!) I didn't want to 'stir the pot'.

But yeah, if anybody is interested, its now available on Steam (see link in first post )
:)
will it still end up here? i honestly dont wanna make a steam account for one game:whistle:

apocalypsetoday

Game Developer
May 25, 2021
will it still end up here? i honestly dont wanna make a steam account for one game:whistle:
I can't upload it here myself any more though I won't make any attempt to prevent others from uploading the new versions (not that I could stop it even if I wanted!)

I'll still play an active role in the community here but you may have to wait longer for other users to upload new versions when they become available.

• Sad
Reactions: Look-see

JJDrakken

Oct 28, 2021
I can't upload it here myself any more though I won't make any attempt to prevent others from uploading the new versions (not that I could stop it even if I wanted!)

I'll still play an active role in the community here but you may have to wait longer for other users to upload new versions when they become available.
Why can't you upload to here anymore? As in you are prevented or you don't want to? Either way not mad, just curious.

4.10 star(s) 30 Votes