herrbertold

Jun 7, 2017
This has probably been mentioned and argued about already, but I am to lazy to read through 20 pages of comments to find out. So instead I will comment and then carry on, lol.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

apocalypsetoday

Game Developer
May 25, 2021
I'm really impressed with the animations and the game overall.(y)
And thanks for the help with members' issues.
much success
ApocalypseToday
Thanks!

found this game today while just goofing around in the forums.
version played 2.5
----------------------Things I Liked---------------------------

1. The story thus far has been pretty interesting and im looking forward to more.

2. The art has been glorious,
good job on that keep it up

3. The variety of body types with the female models, ranging from small/petite to the big tits and very round asses with decent thigh meat. it was nice to see such a variety of women so soon into the early stages of this game.

4. The personalities of what appears to be the 4 LI (Love Interests) while they're some what commonish they still feel distinctive from each other.

5. The reasons for the LI's liking the MC (Main Character) are also distinctive from each other. Its not just all ZOMG de MC smiled at meh itz mayking mah poohzie wetter then the silty mud at the bottom of a lake

6. Being able to skip minigames. Yes i confess i never even played them in your game so i have no idea how difficult they are, but as i've played them in other games i generally tend to skip them when ever possible as they generally tend to be more hassle for the player then they are worth.

-------------------Things I didnt Like---------------------------

1. I got from the start to the end of current content to quickly >=( HAHAHA jk this one is fake

1A. While the Sandbox elements wasnt over the top, i found it annoying to navigate especially in the GYM.
i also spent quite a bit of time trying to see if i could go to the left in the Alley at the T intersection. Maybe having the directional arrows always be visible would help a great deal in these elements of the game.

1B. Also maybe a checklist or some way of knowing just wtf we are supposed to be doing in the Sandbox type areas of the game would most helpful. I openly admit im not the sharpest knife in the drawer so im sure that added to my frustration in those areas of the game.

2. I didnt know till much later in the game i could leave the Opinion/Lust thingy open all the time till i was just about done with the game. Maybe add another line of text at the splash screen that describes what those are, that would tells us we can do that if we want.

---------------------Things to just nitpick about------------------

I didnt get to fuck Mia =( , cause she looked tasty as fuck =)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Well thats about all i can think of at the moment. Thank you for putting this game out here for free so us poorer bastards of the internet can still have some fun
Thanks for the in depth review, it is much appreciated. As mentioned elsewhere, if you get chance would you mind sticking this in the reviews section as it would really help the game grow and encourage other players to play as they tend not to read the comments section for reviews.
Im really glad you noticed the variety in the girls as its something I have invested a lot of time and effort into. It's one of the things that bugs me in other games where every character has a mammoth rack and an inch thick waist so I wanted to buck that trend and try and have a decent variation in looks.
The same can be said about the personalities, I invested a lot of time trying to make each girl feel different in their own way so I'm glad you could tell.
I know point 1 is a joke but I do know what you mean. Some games on here are able to release huge updates regularly with hours of content, unfortunately as my emphasis is on realistic renders I'm not able to churn out hundreds upon hundreds of mediocre renders so it takes much longer to develop the game. Add into the mix that I have a full time "real job" and a family to support developing the game isnt as fast paced as some others but I refuse to compromise on the quality otherwise I won't enjoy making it :)
The sandbox part of the game was adapted based on Being a Dik which is the highest rated game on here and doesnt have navigation arrows that are available all of the time however they do have a checklist of things to do etc. I have a note to review those parts of the game and make it so you can toggle the navigation arrows on / off with a button and to implement a checklist / guide though it might not be until some point in the future as my focus at the moment if bringing new content.
This has probably been mentioned and argued about already, but I am to lazy to read through 20 pages of comments to find out. So instead I will comment and then carry on, lol.
Surprisingly it hasn't. There are several elements that I have had to take artistic license on because if I didn't the game would suck.
Things like Electricity...surely that would stop working otherwise we have an infinite supply of power?
I've tried to keep things as realistic as I can but more importantly consistent. What I don't want is for something to happen in 1 scene that wasn't possible in another (without explanation anyway). This is science fiction after all so I suppose who is to say what could or couldn't happen?

sleep dream

Jun 1, 2020
The game is great. There's only one little suggestion:Can the same sex scene provide different viewing angles? Two are good and three are better. Don't waste so wonderful gestures;)

herrbertold

Jun 7, 2017
"Surprisingly it hasn't. There are several elements that I have had to take artistic license on because if I didn't the game would suck.
Things like Electricity...surely that would stop working otherwise we have an infinite supply of power?
I've tried to keep things as realistic as I can but more importantly consistent. What I don't want is for something to happen in 1 scene that wasn't possible in another (without explanation anyway). This is science fiction after all so I suppose who is to say what could or couldn't happen?"

That particular nugget came to me by way of a late 70's early 80's movie Called "The Girl, the Gold Watch and Everything" which was about of all things, a gold pocket watch that could stop time for short periods of time. I had thought that it might have been a part of the inspiration for this storyline. if not, it might be worth looking it up, and if it can be found it might give unthought of ideas (there was a second one also, but I don't recall the title. Oh, and please, if you do watch them, do so with the foreknowledge that they were made in the 70's/80's and so are likely to be highly cheesy, lol)

apocalypsetoday

Game Developer
May 25, 2021
The game is great. There's only one little suggestion:Can the same sex scene provide different viewing angles? Two are good and three are better. Don't waste so wonderful gestures;)
Thanks! I've started implementing multiple angles in the later animations and will continue to do so where I can :)
"Surprisingly it hasn't. There are several elements that I have had to take artistic license on because if I didn't the game would suck.
I've tried to keep things as realistic as I can but more importantly consistent. What I don't want is for something to happen in 1 scene that wasn't possible in another (without explanation anyway). This is science fiction after all so I suppose who is to say what could or couldn't happen?"

That particular nugget came to me by way of a late 70's early 80's movie Called "The Girl, the Gold Watch and Everything" which was about of all things, a gold pocket watch that could stop time for short periods of time. I had thought that it might have been a part of the inspiration for this storyline. if not, it might be worth looking it up, and if it can be found it might give unthought of ideas (there was a second one also, but I don't recall the title. Oh, and please, if you do watch them, do so with the foreknowledge that they were made in the 70's/80's and so are likely to be highly cheesy, lol)
I've not actually heard of the movie to be honest! I struggle for any spare time at the moment to watch movies but if I get chance I'll take a look thanks.

moesanrath

Dec 6, 2021
A good review, however, this is not the place for it. go to the overview page and click on the stars at the top.
ah sorry about that. i really didnt think it was a review as my writing ability sucks be it spelling or sentence structure. a few reasons i broke it down into a outline format is because of my neuropathy, so it takes me a while to type things and i didnt want it to just be a giant ass wall of text lol. i also broke it down into a outline format so that the game dev could find each of the different points quicker as they're usually horribly pressed for time. so again i'll say sorry my bad im still kinda new around here

Thanks for the in depth review, it is much appreciated. As mentioned elsewhere, if you get chance would you mind sticking this in the reviews section as it would really help the game grow and encourage other players to play as they tend not to read the comments section for reviews.
Im really glad you noticed the variety in the girls as its something I have invested a lot of time and effort into. It's one of the things that bugs me in other games where every character has a mammoth rack and an inch thick waist so I wanted to buck that trend and try and have a decent variation in looks.
The same can be said about the personalities, I invested a lot of time trying to make each girl feel different in their own way so I'm glad you could tell.
I know point 1 is a joke but I do know what you mean. Some games on here are able to release huge updates regularly with hours of content, unfortunately as my emphasis is on realistic renders I'm not able to churn out hundreds upon hundreds of mediocre renders so it takes much longer to develop the game. Add into the mix that I have a full time "real job" and a family to support developing the game isnt as fast paced as some others but I refuse to compromise on the quality otherwise I won't enjoy making it :)
The sandbox part of the game was adapted based on Being a Dik which is the highest rated game on here and doesnt have navigation arrows that are available all of the time however they do have a checklist of things to do etc. I have a note to review those parts of the game and make it so you can toggle the navigation arrows on / off with a button and to implement a checklist / guide though it might not be until some point in the future as my focus at the moment if bringing new content.
as i said up above to another user i didnt really think it was a review of your game. reviews usually tend to be well written yet still accurately describe the elements of the topic they (the reviewer) is talking about. they also tend to have perfect spelling, proper word usage and near zero grammar mistakes. im still pretty new around here myself and if im to be completely honest ive never never read a review for any of the games ive played from this site. ive always combed the comment section to see what the players are saying. i understand i might be weird in that aspect as i'll spend hours reading comments before i'll play a game. with that being said, as i have no money to join your patreon, if you truly think my review will help you achieve greater heights with your game then i'll gladly add it there (i'll figure it out some how).

now i finally understand where my frustration was coming from in the sandbox elements. it was from BeingADiK im sure im in the minority when i say this but i didnt like that game i felt it was overhyped. i hated its minigames its one of the main reasons i dont like them in general. i didnt like that i was forced to join the DiK frat, (yes yes i know its in the title of the damn game you ((you being me the writer of this post)) damn idiot), but the first interaction i had with them really really frankly pissed me smooth the fuck off, i spent the rest of the game up to i think it was 8.2 giving zero fucks if any of them lived or died. not to mention if you wanted to romance the queen of the game Bella you had to basically thread a camel through the eye of a needle to make it all happen. i dont wanna have to try and figure out a damn rubix cube (never could do those damn things) just to get some sweet sweet Milf pussy, but fuck are her sex scenes just hawt as fuck anywho enough about that.

i'll remove the joke section of my comment before i post it as it was ment to imply a happy sarcism type moment to help keep you motivated to work on your game. but since it failed horridly (my fault) i'll just remove it. thank you for taking the time out of your day to read my comments and i wish you greater success in the development of your game

johanathan

Sep 28, 2021
This Time [v0.2.5] [ApocalypseToday] crunched

Original / Compressed Size PC*: 2,04 GB / 396 MB - ThisTime-0.2.5-pc-crunched.zip
Original / Compressed Size Mac: 2,01 GB / 361 MB - ThisTime-0.2.5-mac-crunched.zip

Download (PC*/Mac): Workupload - Pixeldrain -

(y)L O A D 'n' L I K E - If you L O A D it then L I K E it!(y) If not, like it anyway!(y) Thanks!;)

This compression is unofficial and untested, use at your own risk.
Compressing process reduces quality and can break the game.

*PC = Win+Linux

Tools:
UnRen v.0.11-old(v2) (VepsrP/Sam@f95zone) - YAC v3.3 (hngg@f95zone) - -
nyc..:love:

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
I really didn't think it was a review as my writing ability sucks be it spelling or sentence structure.
It's a good review actually, in the sense of a review. there are all different styles out there.
As far as spelling, I use Grammarly, it's a spell check program, it's free for the basic stuff.
That's what I use because my spelling SUCKS :giggle: I appreciate your thoughtful response, it shows character.

• Red Heart
Reactions: moesanrath

moesanrath

Dec 6, 2021
It's a good review actually, in the sense of a review. there are all different styles out there.
As far as spelling, I use Grammarly, it's a spell check program, it's free for the basic stuff.
That's what I use because my spelling SUCKS :giggle: I appreciate your thoughtful response, it shows character.
oh shit, ok I'll give that a look. would love to have something that can make me seem smarter than I am.

Edit: Oooohhh it cleaned up the above sentence very nicely.

Reactions: Saint Blackmoor

moesanrath

Dec 6, 2021
I see that we play a middle-aged man but does he act like one or a man child in disguise?
from what I can remember I believe the MC to be between the age of 25 to 35, so not sure I'd call that a middle-aged man. but more to your point the MC acts like a decent adult would. he comes off as somebody you'd like to have a beer with at the bar after work. hope that helps.

JamieSadistic

Dec 19, 2018
What is that for?.
For the gym scene where you have to upload the trojan virus to the computer. There's a minigame that you have to figure out a 4 digit code. 1214 is the code that worked for me. It could be randomized but I figured it was worth a shot at letting all of you guys know.
It seemed that that particular minigame has been a pain in the ass for players.

Reactions: Havik79

Uzhirian

Jul 18, 2017
apocalypsetoday Loving the game so far. Good work!
I notice you use "your" where you should be using "you're" (you are) quite a lot throughout the text. If you fix those up then I have no complaints.
eg:
1646290722908.png

apocalypsetoday

Game Developer
May 25, 2021
apocalypsetoday Loving the game so far. Good work!
I notice you use "your" where you should be using "you're" (you are) quite a lot throughout the text. If you fix those up then I have no complaints.
eg:
View attachment 1683828
Thanks, glad you are enjoying the game!
My grammar and spelling never was great and I rely heavily upon spell checkers but the IDE spell checker I use doesnt pick up on this as you can tell.
I'll go through and check the usage of that word manually though :)

EDIT - Wow I didn't realise just how often I made this mistake! I have just gone through and corrected about 30 instances of this being wrong. Thanks for pointing it out, you shouldn't have to see that issue any more from the next release xD

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 30 Votes