Zeloth

Jul 7, 2020
That item is bugged and probably not going to be fixed until later in the development progress.
True, it has been the case for a few versions already.
The thing is that this bug doesn't happen for everyone. Someone posted a save here for the previous version, he had said item but considering he finished the run, he probably wasn't affected. However when trying the same save on my side the bug happened.

daiaji

Dec 14, 2017
Dev did plan to make it where the main character can change main weapons and have like multiple stances and such, also different Magic Ver. But obviously that takes too much time code it all in, so they are going with the simple one first.

Also its pretty much a normal roguelike thing, where you slay the same mobs over and over, until your survive or reach the end boss, become OP in stats or etc and start from beginning again.
The creation of a roguelike game necessitates a meticulous consideration for the inevitable need of replayability. I ponder whether the developers of ThornSin possess the aptitude to achieve this elusive quality. Given the current state of ThornSin, the entirety of its gameplay experience tends to verge on the mundane side.

Last edited:

muschi26

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2019
Is there something I’m not getting in this game? To view H-content, you need to get hit and take often significant chunks of damage, but there’s no health regen, and access to healing consumables is severely limited. (There’s an item which increases your max health when you get pregnant, but increases to max health don’t restore current health.) Moreover, there are “sex attacks”, which trigger a sex animation, but also regular attacks which don’t, so even if you’re choosing to get hit, you might not get anything out of it; and, as far as I can tell, there’s no way to tell the difference. (For instance, the grubs can inflict a sex attack where they gang up on you, but I don’t know what triggers it.) Unlike other games like this I’ve played (e.g. Alien Quest: EVE), there’s no simple way—such as turning your back to an enemy—to trigger a sex event while taking minimal damage. I don’t understand how you’re supposed to interact with the H-content in this game without seriously compromising your run.

DiamondHu

Jul 25, 2020
Is there something I’m not getting in this game? To view H-content, you need to get hit and take often significant chunks of damage, but there’s no health regen, and access to healing consumables is severely limited. (There’s an item which increases your max health when you get pregnant, but increases to max health don’t restore current health.) Moreover, there are “sex attacks”, which trigger a sex animation, but also regular attacks which don’t, so even if you’re choosing to get hit, you might not get anything out of it; and, as far as I can tell, there’s no way to tell the difference. (For instance, the grubs can inflict a sex attack where they gang up on you, but I don’t know what triggers it.) Unlike other games like this I’ve played (e.g. Alien Quest: EVE), there’s no simple way—such as turning your back to an enemy—to trigger a sex event while taking minimal damage. I don’t understand how you’re supposed to interact with the H-content in this game without seriously compromising your run.
Well actually, we often heal by the green heal after clear room or heal when kill the boss. If you want to enjoy H-scene, my advice is let she get horny by interact with shopkeeper 3 times or last choice is using cheat.

muschi26

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2019
Well actually, we often heal by the green heal after clear room or heal when kill the boss.
How much does that green coin thing heal? 4–5 HP? That’s not a lot when you can take 8–12 damage to view one h-scene, and you’re occasionally taking damage from combat mistakes on top of it all.

If you want to enjoy H-scene, my advice is let she get horny by interact with shopkeeper 3 times or last choice is using cheat.
You mean just have sex with the shopkeeper? That’s not really the type of content that appeals to me (I play this game for the insects/tentacles, not so much the goblins/ugly bastards), and, in any case, isn’t the point of a game like this to view scenes with a variety of NPCs?

On a side note, when you say horny, do you mean oestrus? I’ve seen potions that can trigger it, but what does oestrus even do?

DuckyBoy420

Aug 28, 2022
How much does that green coin thing heal? 4–5 HP? That’s not a lot when you can take 8–12 damage to view one h-scene, and you’re occasionally taking damage from combat mistakes on top of it all.

You mean just have sex with the shopkeeper? That’s not really the type of content that appeals to me (I play this game for the insects/tentacles, not so much the goblins/ugly bastards), and, in any case, isn’t the point of a game like this to view scenes with a variety of NPCs?

On a side note, when you say horny, do you mean oestrus? I’ve seen potions that can trigger it, but what does oestrus even do?
oestrus allows an enemy to knock her down in one hit, prevents her from getting up until it wears off, and if you start an h-scene with oestrus, it prevents you from leaving until the scene is finished

Incar1

Aug 25, 2017
Honestly this is getting to the point where a level select or gallery would be very appreciated, if you wanna see the new stuff you have to get through 40+ min of old stuff first (at least if you want to survive well enough to see it more than once).

Reactions: hardcoreps89

soloer777

Oct 5, 2019
There's still no recollection function so if you want to focus on the H scenes, then the best choice you have rn is to use the cheat featured on the first page. It lets you lock you HP and other things so you can enjoy the scenes without having to worry about a gameover.
I consider the guardians (the pets you get after getting impregnated by non-parasitic enemies as "the best of the worst situations" so the game right now is more focused on playing it as a normal roguelike instead of an H game unless you use the cheat to turn it into a pure H game
This game is still largely not done so we need to wait for future updates that should let us focus more on the H side of the game without cheats

HHYXTRMZ

Apr 19, 2023
There's still no recollection function so if you want to focus on the H scenes, then the best choice you have rn is to use the cheat featured on the first page. It lets you lock you HP and other things so you can enjoy the scenes without having to worry about a gameover.
I consider the guardians (the pets you get after getting impregnated by non-parasitic enemies as "the best of the worst situations" so the game right now is more focused on playing it as a normal roguelike instead of an H game unless you use the cheat to turn it into a pure H game
This game is still largely not done so we need to wait for future updates that should let us focus more on the H side of the game without cheats
In fact, I am working hard to keep her a virgin to pass the level , but all the traps of losing her virginity make me physically and mentally exhausted.

Crackgear

Oct 14, 2018
In fact, I am working hard to keep her a virgin to pass the level , but all the traps of losing her virginity make me physically and mentally exhausted.
Won only twice with V Run, To play like that, youbasically jump around and spam spells and melee and try as fast as possible to dodge snails.

4.40 star(s) 39 Votes