Skaldy

Nov 7, 2017
I'm having the same issues, with almost the same specs.I don't understand why though, because other rpgm games run perfectly fine, and as I said before I use a gaming pc, so I don't have issues with AAA games either. I'm not sure what's causing it, but it's just this game, and it's probably something really simple. Game was super fun, I really enjoyed it, I just got tired of waiting 20 minutes for the scenes to play each time lol
i have 16 GB ram and a RX 470, i run this game fine with no problems. It can be anything from codec problem to windows defender messing with files. Btw Windows 10 pro. Have you guys checked movies folder and tested if video files there run fine at all?

Delilahh

May 11, 2021
I'm having the same issues, with almost the same specs.I don't understand why though, because other rpgm games run perfectly fine, and as I said before I use a gaming pc, so I don't have issues with AAA games either. I'm not sure what's causing it, but it's just this game, and it's probably something really simple. Game was super fun, I really enjoyed it, I just got tired of waiting 20 minutes for the scenes to play each time lol
did you try running it in compatibility mode? Running the game in windows 8 compatibility mode fixed it for me on windows 11

Gajo99

Dec 8, 2017
instead of opening the game by clicking on Game.exe, you go to the movies folder where you find the .webm movie files. You should be able to open and watch them in the browser or media player of your choice
Considering im stuck with the pimp and cant move on this is very useful to know, thx!

eschkha

Jun 26, 2020
Here is a patch for anyone experiencing video playback performance issues.
It also adds some hotkeys available during video playback:
- F11 - toggle global video loop flag on/off (so the next video will be played in loop as well)
- F12 - skip video
To install, just extract the archive to the game directory, overwriting the files.

znnrqp

Feb 24, 2019
I'm on my way thru the intro for the first time, and I have to say it's absolutely rarted but also brilliant.

znnrqp

Feb 24, 2019
I think I have average specs, 16GB of RAM and a 3070, but I can't get the videos to play without stuttering and slowing down so much, that they take 10x as long as they should, either. The first second plays flawlessly, as it is already pre-loaded, but the rest takes ages only to move forward stutteringly by half a second in slow motion.
Load doesn't seem to be the issue, it's in the single digit percentages for both CPU and RAM, and my SSD is barely even doing anything.
Seems like a software problem to me, perhaps only affecting some setups (I tested this on windows 11). Maybe windows defender acting up (though I should have been able to see that in task manager), or just the game loading the videos and audio files very inefficiently, garbage collection acting up, who knows.
It could also be a plugin issue, but it will be hard to find the offender if you can't reproduce it yourself.

If you want to change to another engine, I would also advise against html, I think sugarcube and similar are good engines, but if you don't have much programming experience, or ideally have experience as a web-dev, it'll be hard to program good mini games or design nice pages. Html is also more suited for text-heavy games, RenPy would suit your visual style better.
Same thing's happening to me and I run Helldivers 2 on maxed settings on this computer.

Apr 28, 2022
Hey, just wanted to say that i really enjoyed the game so far. The characters are funny, and the scenes are hot, what more could a guy ask for?

4.10 star(s) 12 Votes