HTML Threads of Reality [v0.0.3] [LunAttic Games]

Ash922

Dec 4, 2019
I need a quest tracker, because I was playing yesterday amd today I can't remenber what I have to do.

_retorik_

Game Developer
Aug 21, 2018
It is very much work in progress, but I am considering something like that:

1677434531149.png

Number near the zone title means:
Number of events triggered vs total in this area. Same for quests.
Not sure if it is the best way to show this kind of info ... But it is something at least.

Quest Log shows current step of active quests. The idea is to get all values from the quest database .... WIP :)

Ash922

Dec 4, 2019
It is very much work in progress, but I am considering something like that:

View attachment 2421238

Number near the zone title means:
Number of events triggered vs total in this area. Same for quests.
Not sure if it is the best way to show this kind of info ... But it is something at least.

Quest Log shows current step of active quests. The idea is to get all values from the quest database .... WIP :)
Looks like awesome!!!

Reactions: _retorik_

Oliz82

Mar 15, 2021
Hello.

I wanted to find all the events this time but, with the bug mentioned by Ash922, it's impossible to know how many are remaining.

So I'll just share my thoughts after only the first day and the next morning, going further would have been useless like this :
This time, it's possible to read or sunbath before even buying the necessary items.
The symbol for the quest is nice, though it works better for a location quest than a character quest (for example, the swimsuit quest starts at the pool but there's no symbol there and, once started, you have to remember what character you're supposed to interact to (on an early build like this it's easy but, with more quests added, it'll become tedious) because going to each location to see if a character has a symbol on his portrait isn't practical, the same with the new quest starting with Lindy). The check at the party was also well thought.
The events at work and in the office when energy is too low (someone offering a snack) and when we wake up didn't occur unlike the previous versions (maybe it's intended like this with the balance's changes). I didn't try all the others but they seem to work properly (at least Skie at the estate, CoffeeLand, museum).
Still missing the fitness stat (and others maybe). Also, you should remove "call" from our profile. I forgot to ask before but what does the blue/white bar represent? I suppose it's affection but just to be sure.

Good continuation.

_retorik_

Game Developer
Aug 21, 2018
Thank you for the report, Oliz82

The symbol for the quest is nice, though it works better for a location quest than a character quest (for example, the swimsuit quest starts at the pool but there's no symbol there and, once started, you have to remember what character you're supposed to interact to (on an early build like this it's easy but, with more quests added, it'll become tedious) because going to each location to see if a character has a symbol on his portrait isn't practical, the same with the new quest starting with Lindy).
I will try to mark the location with a quest if it has a quest or any character there has a quest. Should make a lot easier. The questlog will also come in a bit to help with that.

The check at the party was also well thought.
Thank you :)

The events at work and in the office when energy is too low (someone offering a snack) and when we wake up didn't occur unlike the previous versions (maybe it's intended like this with the balance's changes). I didn't try all the others but they seem to work properly (at least Skie at the estate, CoffeeLand, museum).
The one in the morning is intended. Players have 1h grace before Abby events starts. No intended change to office events. But they are random maybe it was a bad rng? Will check that.

This time, it's possible to read or sunbath before even buying the necessary items.
Will look into that.

Still missing the fitness stat (and others maybe).
Should level up by swimming in the pool or at the gym.

Also, you should remove "call" from our profile. I forgot to ask before but what does the blue/white bar represent? I suppose it's affection but just to be sure.
Yes, it is the relationship.

Reactions: Oliz82

_retorik_

Game Developer
Aug 21, 2018
Fixed.

Fixed.

with the bug mentioned by Ash922
Fixed.

the same with the new quest starting with Lindy
Fixed. Quests that proc will now be marked on the location thumbnail if they are available.

Still missing the fitness stat (and others maybe)
I haven't seen any problem here.

I will try to mark the location with a quest if it has a quest or any character there has a quest. Should make a lot easier. The questlog will also come in a bit to help with that.
Done. Now if a character has an active quest the area she is in will have the same mark it has when the area itself has a quest available.

Oliz82

Mar 15, 2021
Hello.

Thanks for the answers.

Still missing the fitness stat (and others maybe).
Should level up by swimming in the pool or at the gym.
I haven't seen any problem here.
I know it levels up by swimming and at the gym (jog at the park should work too).
Yeah, it's not a problem for now since it has no use. Just a wish to consult all the stats to see my evolution/progress.

I forgot to say we can eat, drink and shower further than necessary (even at 100, we can continue).

Good continuation.

_retorik_

Game Developer
Aug 21, 2018
Just a wish to consult all the stats to see my evolution/progress.
Ah, okay.

My initial thought is to add the player to the contacts screen as a workaround.
That screen was one of the first to be in the game and is in desperate need of an upgrade but it might still take a while to replace it.

I forgot to say we can eat, drink and shower further than necessary (even at 100, we can continue).
Same problem of the pool actions so we are covered here.

_retorik_

Game Developer
Aug 21, 2018
Interactions are still limited, sorry. Aside from questing not much. Sex and events increase relationship a bit but won't help that much.

_retorik_

Game Developer
Aug 21, 2018
Nope. There is the second part of the intro that starts at the office. After that just random events in the town

_retorik_

Game Developer
Aug 21, 2018
It is just not in the game yet. But events only have a temporary lock ... I will check if there is any bug preventing them to happen again.

_retorik_

Game Developer
Aug 21, 2018

Still work in progress but getting closer to final.

Added player stats to left panel which can be dismissed by the menu button on the lower left. Same menu also controls sugarcube saves/restart menu that is always shown when game starts (and goes to save state when a game is loaded).

Added girls stats to the right panel when talking to them and changed events(!) and quests(?) indicators to icons everywhere.

A lot has changed in the background regarding quests (and ui) and I will probably revisit initial quest lines either in this version or in the next. They were made extremely linear because without a quest log would be hard to remember what to do. Now I can add more parallel quests to explain why buildings are there, guide players to events and side quests.

ETA is friday.

Edit: Added third thumbnail.

Last edited:

_retorik_

Game Developer
Aug 21, 2018
Links updated to v0.0.3.

v0.0.3 uses v0.0.2 assets, so there is no need to download the assets package if you already have it.

Just extract everything in the same folder and overwrite anything prompted.

This version changes a lot of how quests work. It will update older saves but I can't be sure that it will work in every case. Saves that had all quests done might be safer.

A few weeks ago I've started a series of weekly public posts on my Patreon that I am calling Lore & Trivia Friday (today was #6). They are small bits of lore about the game universe. If you want to know more about it the link is in the signature.

Oliz82

Mar 15, 2021
Hello.

It took me some time to adapt to the new appearance and it's nicely done. After that, I tried to finish all the events but stopped at 12/16. What I'm missing are :
The Bathroom : the only character I saw there was Abby and never Lindy who is supposed to be the one for that event ;
The Pool : I saw Abby and Lindy but never Adah (she appears in the backyard, the garden and the balcony though) ;
Outside the Art & History Hall : after unlocking the second step, I couldn't go further than the conversation with the storyteller ; by the way, when the event is finished, we are teleported to the location before it occurs (for example, if we come from home, we're sent back there) ; also, the Hall of Kings isn't an event?
The Office/Holding with Gillian : the first day, the event with Jess happens just fine but, after coming for 4 weeks in a row to complete the new tasks each time (once the Estate/Office ones are finished), well nothing ; I didn't even see her coming in the building.
Some events are difficult to trigger too but it finally worked by insisting.
For info :
1678737539107.png
The numbers are strangely superior to what they should be for the quests though I don't know why.

You should really include the opening hours of the gym. I thought you removed the possibility to train there since I couldn't see the "Workout" option anymore at the start of my new game.

Good continuation.

_retorik_

Game Developer
Aug 21, 2018
Thank you Oliz82

The Bathroom : the only character I saw there was Abby and never Lindy who is supposed to be the one for that event ;
She is there very early in the morning :)

The Pool : I saw Abby and Lindy but never Adah (she appears in the backyard, the garden and the balcony though) ;
Adah has a day off on Sundays :)

Outside the Art & History Hall : after unlocking the second step, I couldn't go further than the conversation with the storyteller ; by the way, when the event is finished, we are teleported to the location before it occurs (for example, if we come from home, we're sent back there) ;
I'll fix the teleport. It ends there for now.

the Hall of Kings isn't an event?
Nope, it is just an area of the museum.

The Office/Holding with Gillian : the first day, the event with Jess happens just fine but, after coming for 4 weeks in a row to complete the new tasks each time (once the Estate/Office ones are finished), well nothing ; I didn't even see her coming in the building.
Not sure I understand. Will look into her schedule.

The numbers are strangely superior to what they should be for the quests though I don't know why.
It is because the party starts quests that aren't available yet so the quest started go higher. I will check if that should happen with the last number ... I don't think it should.

By the way, 2 events can't be unlocked for now.

You should really include the opening hours of the gym. I thought you removed the possibility to train there since I couldn't see the "Workout" option anymore at the start of my new game.
All buildings are available 100% of the time ... for now. The Workout isn't available either when the player is with low energy (should be greyed out) or when the pass for the gym is expired.

Oliz82

Mar 15, 2021
Hello.

As always, thanks for the answers.

She is there very early in the morning :)
Thanks for the tip. It worked perfectly. I just wasn't expecting them to work so early in the morning (before 7:00). That's why I was usually going to bed between 23:00 and 0:00.

Adah has a day off on Sundays :)
Well, I spent days in a row at the pool once the job's tasks were completed. So, either I'm unlucky or she don't come by the pool anymore. I remember seeing her there in previous versions though.

Nope, it is just an area of the museum.
What is the presentation of Kendrick Astor for then?

Not sure I understand. Will look into her schedule.
To be more thorough, I tried again from 9:00 to 23:00 with the 15min wait button on thursday and she didn't come in the building (she was at home when I left though).

All buildings are available 100% of the time ... for now. The Workout isn't available either when the player is with low energy (should be greyed out) or when the pass for the gym is expired.
Not seeing the option at all made me think it was removed. I had the same issue about the sunbathing option vanishing ("why can't I sunbath anymore" before looking at the clock and understanding the reason).
You should probably have all actions greyed out when they aren't available instead of just making them disappear.

Good continuation.