4.40 star(s) 71 Votes

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
I hope not despite the time in-between updates...I really like this one! Let's hope we can at least wrap up this story if its not going to be able to go on for many more updates.
the dev has/had planned to finish this game in only two more episodes, if im correct.

btw, if this isnt abandoned it will be nice surprise, yet im not holding my breath for it.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I hope not despite the time in-between updates...I really like this one! Let's hope we can at least wrap up this story if its not going to be able to go on for many more updates.
It's the lack of communication, even on Discord where people are asking for information and, even though Red Dust is online, receive no updates. That's what makes me think it will be abandoned.

the dev has/had planned to finish this game in only two more episodes, if im correct.

btw, if this isnt abandoned it will be nice surprise, yet im not holding my breath for it.
Yeah, so close but without any news I just don't have faith.

mitymity

Apr 29, 2021
Well 1.5 month of no Patreon update isn't that bad, but just lurking on Discord is a bad sign. Liked this one, too bad if for whatever reason we'll never find out, it's finished. Unless something happened to the dev and it's just his PC on 24/7 :confused:

Reactions: LadyBee

Crimsonfiend76

Herald - Super Naked Ginger Cuddle Time
Donor
Sep 8, 2020

That's rather ambitious to shoot for wrapping this up in 1-2 more chapters. I can understand some arcs being wrapped up...namely, the election and the friend's secret...which dovetails into wrapping up another storyline with Dani finding out the real reason why they broke up, which could then lead into dating her, if she is one of our LIs.

The other arcs, seem to me to need more time...
Between the ongoing secrecy with the mother where seemingly EVERYONE knows more about her and her personal life than her own son, the MC... in addition to the arcs with the other LI, I just don't see how with the current pacing, the other stories will be in a position to be wrapped up. In fact the only arc that has been addressed is Naomi, and even hers has changed, rather than actually wrap up.

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
That's rather ambitious to shoot for wrapping this up in 1-2 more chapters. I can understand some arcs being wrapped up...namely, the election and the friend's secret...which dovetails into wrapping up another storyline with Dani finding out the real reason why they broke up, which could then lead into dating her, if she is one of our LIs.

The other arcs, seem to me to need more time...
Between the ongoing secrecy with the mother where seemingly EVERYONE knows more about her and her personal life than her own son, the MC... in addition to the arcs with the other LI, I just don't see how with the current pacing, the other stories will be in a position to be wrapped up. In fact the only arc that has been addressed is Naomi, and even hers has changed, rather than actually wrap up.
i agree, the story with all its branches needs at least 4-5 episodes more, yet perhaps that was an early sign of (eventual) abandonment, and the dev losing his interest in it.
as always in similar cases, i hope im wrong, despite all those warnings.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
i agree, the story with all its branches needs at least 4-5 episodes more, yet perhaps that was an early sign of (eventual) abandonment, and the dev losing his interest in it.
as always in similar cases, i hope im wrong, despite all those warnings.
Yeah, when we heard that it would be ~2 episodes I was fairly alarmed, unless those are incredibly large in size I just don't see how the game wraps up so quickly. Each LI is a plot thread (5), the mom (6), the best friend (7), the mayoral election (8), the MC's dad (9), the side girls (which include the teacher, potentially the art teacher, and the psychiatrist - 12), and graduation from High School (13). Sure some of those could be finished at the same time, the best friend and the election, or never happen, the art teacher, but that is still a lot of story to finish up in two episodes. If he wanted to do the minimum it would still require endings for each LI, the mom, the best friend, the election, and graduation (9 plot threads to wrap up).

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
So I went back and perused many of the comments in this thread and was reminded of just how damn good this VN truly is. I mean, so many games with months between updates, it's easy to get blurry about why you like a VN.

Rather than worrying about how many updates are to come, I'm just hoping for the next one.

Reactions: Crimsonfiend76

InfamousGuy

Apr 4, 2019
Personally, I don't know how to feel about this. With only two updates remaining, I can't wrap my head around not finishing the game. I feel that in the time you would take to change your discord status from online to idle, you could've typed up a quick dev update. This doesn't rule any chance for it to be abandoned as not only as Red Dust been missing dev updates (which aren't obligatory), but he did miss the March custom renders. I can definitely see a patron who pays $15 a month to get one being upset.

Personally, if I was his patron I would simply unsub and have the idea as if this game wouldn't continue. I always try to stay on the positive side of things, but when people who are willingly giving you their hard earned money to support you and you can't send them a quick update on what's going on then stop supporting.

Spatenklopper

Jun 4, 2021
A sign of life on Discord!!

Red Dust — heute um 11:44 Uhr
Hey all. Sorry for no update for a couple weeks. Since we started returning to the office I've had much less time to devote to other things. Some other events have occupied my energy as well, which I won't go into detail about. But rest assured, although it's been tough going I will still be getting the release out.

Will upload a special render for April tomorrow (I'll have to catch up on the March one too at some point...).

InfamousGuy

Apr 4, 2019
perhaps it would be better to drop all that "special renders" thing, and to focus on finishing an actual update instead.
this way it looks like he only does those few renders for keeping patreon pledges up...
If he were to get rid of them then there would be no incentive for anyone to pledge more than $10. It may not be the greatest thing but it keeps numbers up so from a fiscal standpoint, it would be insane to get rid of it.

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
Anyone else skeptical we shall see this one continue? I'd like to be optimistic but it has been 7 months since the last update.
it is in ttll-mode, unfortunately.
(for those not familiar with that developing mode, do check "come inside" thread/game:HideThePain:)

and as im checking this thread and his patreon from time to time, it is kinda amazing that the number of his patrons has raised up in last few months (not significantly, yet still:WutFace:)

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
it is in ttll-mode, unfortunately.
(for those not familiar with that developing mode, do check "come inside" thread/game:HideThePain:)

and as im checking this thread and his patreon from time to time, it is kinda amazing that the number of his patrons has raised up in last few months (not significantly, yet still:WutFace:)
Yeah, I was hopeful that we'd see an update to this one soon since we were so close to the end (supposedly).

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Yeah, I was hopeful that we'd see an update to this one soon since we were so close to the end (supposedly).
This is why I don't trust devs in general.

There are very few i'd ever consider giving money to, literally count them on 1 hand with fingers to spare.

Months of pictures and no info about the game. At this point, unless it's paused of course which I doubt, it's just being milked. From regular updates to a game that was almost complete to nothing for 7 months.

Another dev added to the shady pile.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
This is why I don't trust devs in general.

There are very few i'd ever consider giving money to, literally count them on 1 hand with fingers to spare.

Months of pictures and no info about the game. At this point, unless it's paused of course which I doubt, it's just being milked. From regular updates to a game that was almost complete to nothing for 7 months.

Another dev added to the shady pile.
Yeah, I financially support one dev, someone who has already completed one game and communicates regularly. When I first got here I was more supportive but with the number of on hold, abandoned, and delayed games (valid reasons or not) I am not willing to open my wallet. It's such a shame to get so close to the end of a game, supposedly, and see no movement in 7 months. I didn't agree that the game should be resolved in two updates but at least we'd have some ending. Now I am just biding my time until the game gets an abandoned tag. Honestly should at least have an on hold tag.

4.40 star(s) 71 Votes