4.40 star(s) 71 Votes

Ivrhym

Jan 26, 2020
Message from Red Dust on Discord

"Hi all,

An overdue update, which I probably should have done a while ago. Progress isn't being made as quickly as I'd like, so I've paused the Patreon billing cycle & will keep it paused until the next release.

Like a lot of projects, this one started in the early days of the pandemic, when WFH was the norm. Now that things are "back to normal", I find that I have a lot less time & energy to spend due to other obligations. Unfortunate, but it is what it is.

I can't put all the blame on corporate, though. There have been a number of my own creative frustrations in the way as well. I will work through them, as I've worked through every other obstacle, but it wouldn't be fair to keep taking in the process.

Thanks to everyone who's stuck w/ the story so far. I know that Episode 5, when it releases, will be the best yet.
"

No word on a release date but it is being worked on.
Thanks for sharing this, I'm glad that this game didn't get abandoned.

Gosamr

May 6, 2021
All that said I would like to see the dev come back to the game, that he will be making a post soon explaining it all, and that he really is dealing with IRL issues. However, as I am not an optimist, I doubt any of that is true.
Well, I AM an optimist, but to be perfectly honest I don't think it'll help at all*.

*(humor...a difficult concept.)

Last edited:

camube

Jun 4, 2022
Can I ask what are the three rules of life according to the game?

i wanted to play the game but then i learned from this thread that it could potentially be an abandoned game so I might not want to waste my time to play it.

But I'm still curious, what's the game's three rules of life?

DuckDairyDip

Feb 21, 2018
Can I ask what are the three rules of life according to the game?

i wanted to play the game but then i learned from this thread that it could potentially be an abandoned game so I might not want to waste my time to play it.

But I'm still curious, what's the game's three rules of life?
Maybe I am forgetting something, but the title doesn't exactly reflect or reference anything particularly in the story. There surely are certain themes and lessons it tries to convey, but I couldn't really tell you what the title itself means by these, "rules of life."

camube

Jun 4, 2022
Maybe I am forgetting something, but the title doesn't exactly reflect or reference anything particularly in the story. There surely are certain themes and lessons it tries to convey, but I couldn't really tell you what the title itself means by these, "rules of life."
so I take it that so far the game doesn't explicitly tell us what the three rules of life is?

That's disappointing. I wanted to play it off of the title alone.

SpicyJam

Game Developer
Jun 10, 2022
so I take it that so far the game doesn't explicitly tell us what the three rules of life is?

That's disappointing. I wanted to play it off of the title alone.
I always associated the title with the Past, Present and Future.
The Past, because your ex plays a big role in the game.
The Present is basically your current decisions.
And the Future is the ending with one of the girls.

My interpretation might be wrong, of course.

Reactions: patrickB

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
The same rules of life everyone should live by.

Never BBQ in the nude.
Don't eat yellow snow.
Don't piss into the wind.

With rules such as these your life will never go wrong.
There are actually 4 rules of life:

You don't tug on superman's cape
You don't spit into the wind
You don't pull the mask off that old lone ranger
And you don't mess around with Avaron1974

:ROFLMAO:

I know, he messed up the lyrics. Don't know who the $%(& that Jim is. But, anyway.

NakedSingularity

May 17, 2022
Malwarebytes threw an error for this:

Malwarebytes

-Log Details-
Protection Event Date: 1/30/21
Protection Event Time: 10:58 PM
Log File: a2580492-6378-11eb-b5ec-d46a6a7b39fe.json

-Software Information-
Version: 4.2.1.89
Components Version: 1.0.1070
Update Package Version: 1.0.36489
License: Premium

-System Information-
CPU: x64
File System: NTFS
User: System

-Blocked Malware Details-
File: 1
MachineLearning/Anomalous.96%, C:\...\ThreeRulesOfLife-0.1.0-pc\lib\windows-i686\ThreeRulesOfLife.exe, Quarantined, 0, 392687, 1.0.36489, , shuriken, , 7C345D0FA92227F1DD12B0DA12781AE0, 6BF72BAB1FA1DF759DB1A1E49662B947C65DBDE264054CF084705C6A8FC48C52

(end)
And that's 1 reason why adblockers and vpn's are handy. No getting redirected to malicious sites with viruses disguised as fake files you were looking for. Or it could simply be a false positive (why I quit using AV crap decades ago). Personally I just backup the boot drive weekly and go for it. Even if it's ransomware it won't survive a OS reinstall from a backup.

4.40 star(s) 71 Votes