4.30 star(s) 73 Votes

lorkdubo

Aug 19, 2022
TBH, Damon was written as such a selfish asshole and terrible friend, I assumed it was on purpose.
The plot, writing, characters, and even the dev try so hard for you to see him as a good person, which he is obviously not. So, i don't think the dev did it on purpose to make everyone hate him but on the contrary, make him like that so everyone loves him. I would say dev has quite extremist ideals.

Reactions: hawk784563

MiltonPowers

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 26, 2023
The plot, writing, characters, and even the dev try so hard for you to see him as a good person, which he is obviously not. So, i don't think the dev did it on purpose to make everyone hate him but on the contrary, make him like that so everyone loves him. I would say dev has quite extremist ideals.
Granted it has been a while, but I can not remember a single redeeming feature about him. Nor a moment he did something to make me even think for a second he was a good guy.

Reactions: hawk784563

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
The plot, writing, characters, and even the dev try so hard for you to see him as a good person, which he is obviously not
I don't get how you could even see him as a good person with the whole shit he does and how he behaves, same for the mother.
It feels more like 'hey they are homo, so it's fine'...that you never get the choice to tell him and the mother to fuck off is what me really pissed off about this game.
Granted it has been a while, but I can not remember a single redeeming feature about him. Nor a moment he did something to make me even think for a second he was a good guy.
IIRC there was nothing like that, not a single moment i thought what a great guy, or a good friend.

Last edited:
Reactions: MiltonPowers

The Senior Perv

May 4, 2022
The worst thing is that I can see the MC apologizing to Damon, his mom and the mom's girlfriend, even when they were the ones that caused the protagonist's problems at the start of the game. :KEK:

Reactions: MiltonPowers

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
I don't get how you could even see him as a good person with the whole shit he does and how he behaves, same for the mother.
It feels more like 'hey they are homo, so it's fine'...that you never get the choice to tell him and the mother to fuck off is what me really pissed off about this game.
damn I really don't recall shit I can't even remember meeting our mother haha just Damon hid the truth

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
damn I really don't recall shit I can't even remember meeting our mother haha just Damon hid the truth
You never do, only that therapist, which most guess is the reason she left...but this MC is never even mad at Damon...on the contray for some unexplainable reason he is the one apologizing to his ''best friend''...

Reactions: Lerd0

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
You never do, only that therapist, which most guess is the reason she left...but this MC is never even mad at Damon...on the contray for some unexplainable reason he is the one apologizing to his ''best friend''...
oh damn I thought you didn't find out about it till the last scene of the last update so I assumed never had time to be mad at him but to apologizing is really dumb

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
oh damn I thought you didn't find out about it till the last scene of the last update so I assumed never had time to be mad at him but to apologizing is really dumb
I meant meeting the mother. That Damon is the whole reason your life is in the shitter is something he tells you nearing the end...i remember the MC getting angry once and then him apologizing.
But even without that revelation Damon is just one of the most unlikable ''friends'' i have seen,

MiltonPowers

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 26, 2023
I'm paraphrasing, but when Damon admits his role in your mother leaving and walks away. MC doesn't even get a choice to say, you asshole or hit him, or even leave me alone. It's come back Damon, I love you, I forgive you.

• Haha
  • Yay, new update!
Reactions: Raziel_8 and Lerd0

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
That's sort of the point. He's presented as an absolute loathsome cunt. He's a manipulator and a shit.

But the game never treats him that way. Pretty much everyone talks about how awesome he is. The main character is never really given an option to call him out on his BS, and is always thinking about how awesome he is. Every single terrible thing he does is either waved off or justified by the writing as if it's completely understandable or acceptable. Half the time when Damon does something terrible, the main character outright blames himself for it.

The story clearly sees Damon as a good guy, even if it's utterly incapable of presenting him as one. It's "tell" versus "show".

Ironically, it's almost like a textbook abusive relationship - no matter how terrible he is, the victim just keeps making excuses. He loves me, he only hits me because I'm bad. It's my fault for being so clumsy. Etc.

It kind of feels like the dev wrote the story wanting the audience to see Damon as a good guy, and was annoyed when pretty much everyone pointed out how much of a shit he is. Which is why I wonder if the dev took it personally how many people were crapping on Damon and Naomi - especially if they were actually based on real people the dev knows, or if the dev himself was basically in the MC's role in similar events and still hasn't really come to terms with them.

Reactions: Raziel_8

MiltonPowers

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 26, 2023
That's sort of the point. He's presented as an absolute loathsome cunt. He's a manipulator and a shit.

But the game never treats him that way. Pretty much everyone talks about how awesome he is. The main character is never really given an option to call him out on his BS, and is always thinking about how awesome he is. Every single terrible thing he does is either waved off or justified by the writing as if it's completely understandable or acceptable. Half the time when Damon does something terrible, the main character outright blames himself for it.

The story clearly sees Damon as a good guy, even if it's utterly incapable of presenting him as one. It's "tell" versus "show".

Ironically, it's almost like a textbook abusive relationship - no matter how terrible he is, the victim just keeps making excuses. He loves me, he only hits me because I'm bad. It's my fault for being so clumsy. Etc.

It kind of feels like the dev wrote the story wanting the audience to see Damon as a good guy, and was annoyed when pretty much everyone pointed out how much of a shit he is. Which is why I wonder if the dev took it personally how many people were crapping on Damon and Naomi - especially if they were actually based on real people the dev knows, or if the dev himself was basically in the MC's role in similar events and still hasn't really come to terms with them.
this-pointing-finger.gif

4.30 star(s) 73 Votes