4.40 star(s) 71 Votes

BadMoonZ

Jul 21, 2023
It's been a while since I played this, but I figured Penny was told by MC's mother that she was leaving. They knew each other from the PTA or whatever group the mother was a part of connected to the school. She could be the lover, but it seems much more likely Alexandra is the lover. I think Penny feels guilty towards MC because the mother told her she was leaving with the lover (likely not about Damon) and Penny could have told MC but didn't.

Tiron2020

May 8, 2020
The last time Dev releases episode 4, he also disappeared for a year and a half, and then released episode 5. So let's hope he releases a new episode during 2024.
I also probably think episode 6 will be big enough and final, because all that's left for MC to do is:
1. Hear Alexandra's story about her past and connection with MC's mother.
2. Meet with MC's mother, get answers to all questions from her (I hope there will be a choice to forgive her or not).
3. Deal with Damon (I don't mind beating him unconscious).
4. Find out why MC's father avoids him and does not want to meet.
5. Watch the final of the MC with his Love Interest.

(This is my theory of what will happen in episode 6, I don't mind hearing other theories).

Milton749

Engaged Member
Jul 26, 2023
The last time Dev releases episode 4, he also disappeared for a year and a half, and then released episode 5. So let's hope he releases a new episode during 2024.
I also probably think episode 6 will be big enough and final, because all that's left for MC to do is:
2. Meet with MC's mother, get answers to all questions from her (I hope there will be a choice to forgive her or not).

(This is my theory of what will happen in episode 6, I don't mind hearing other theories).
Got my fingers crossed for #4 if Dev returns. A reckoning with Damon is long overdue.

Reactions: tmu500

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
1. Hear Alexandra's story about her past and connection with MC's mother. (I hope there will be a choice to fuck her)
2. Meet with MC's mother, get answers to all questions from her (I hope there will be a choice to forgivefuck her or not).
5. Watch the final of the MC with his Love Interest or not (solo MC banging hot milfs)

I mostly agree with you...a few parts could be improved though, and i took the liberty (in italics)

Reactions: AlterdStates7

shamtiiomi

May 1, 2021

lers hope he doesnt do that,bcs imagine all those thing in your list going to hell bcs dev have no clue about what he is doing,....
we have the entire game to see that he was doing everyting without a final script at hand,....my first adivice to any dev is to have a general idea or concept how the story will progree and at least have a couple of endings done before beggining to develop anything,.so many good games go to waste bcs that dev didnt think further ,they think maybe 2 or 3 updates and "lets see if someone is hoked up ' to continue,.....such a waaste

Tiron2020

May 8, 2020
I wrote above that these may be "speculative theories" about what will happen in episode 6. I myself am not sure exactly what will happen there, you can only build theories.
Besides, Red Dust is not the first developer who throws such an interesting game. I played a lot of other avn games, there were also those that were abandoned by the developers, only then they come back after 1.5 - 2 years and finish their games to the end, so that their games are just completed. There are also those who have abandoned games for many years, but these are those who released 1-2 updates in their game and after that that's it. In the case of Red Dust, he has to release episode 6, which is likely to be the last.
If he is going to release a new episode, then the approximate release date is mid-September. If not, then he will probably release episode 6 before the end of 2024.

tmu500

Apr 14, 2024
I wrote above that these may be "speculative theories" about what will happen in episode 6. I myself am not sure exactly what will happen there, you can only build theories.
Besides, Red Dust is not the first developer who throws such an interesting game. I played a lot of other avn games, there were also those that were abandoned by the developers, only then they come back after 1.5 - 2 years and finish their games to the end, so that their games are just completed. There are also those who have abandoned games for many years, but these are those who released 1-2 updates in their game and after that that's it. In the case of Red Dust, he has to release episode 6, which is likely to be the last.
If he is going to release a new episode, then the approximate release date is mid-September. If not, then he will probably release episode 6 before the end of 2024.
hopefully. I quit like the game.

Crazonian1

Apr 2, 2022
Well, I've played to the end of episode 5 and that was certainly a turnaround. I managed to avoid the Naomi/Mira decision by going back slightly and talking to Rose on the roof instead of Mira on the steps, although I'm mystified as to how the MC and Rose managed to have such a civilised conversation after all the rants and stupid mind games up to that point. Felt like that scene belonged to a path where they're on better terms, though I'm not sure where I could've gone onto that path... maybe if the MC took her clothes off when Rose said she could help with Mira's class fees, I dunno?

I took the friend path with Naomi. I'm glad that a reconciliation wasn't forced like I thought it might be. Becca though is either a misandrist or secretly fancies Naomi and is going full alpha. I'm half expecting her to shank the MC any time she's in a scene. Mira still seems full-throttle infatuated, though she hasn't done anything particularly Single White Female yet, so the stalker fears might be unfounded. I might've warmed to her more if she'd been less full-on right from first laying eyes on the MC. Her model seems to have weird facial expressions sometimes as well, that hasn't helped.

Damon being gay wasn't a surprise, it seemed pretty heavily signposted, though him being responsible for the MC's mother vanishing into the night was unexpected. Perhaps it shouldn't have been though. Most of the VNs I play, the MC's dudebro best-friend seems to let him down in some way. Danielle is actually tolerable, even almost sympathetic in episode 5 which was another turnaround. If she'd been more like this through the rest of the game rather than the rich bitch cliche, I probably would've been more positive towards her. Oh well.

I've realised now who Ada's been reminding me of this whole time - anyone remember the late '90s indie band, Republica? The lead singer, Saffron? Ada has that look about her. I went down her path at the end, going to the work party. Good on her for quitting, she was increasingly hating that job, maybe now she can have a fresh start. Chris is now looking less sympathetic than he was in earlier episodes, I'm starting to suspect I should've had the MC tell Ada to throw the engagement ring away.

I actually found a good potential LI at the pool party - Sienna, the more reserved dark-haired friend of Danielle's. She also has a good scene slapping Kent silly in the girls locker room. But seemingly she's not an option. Shame.

Overall, not a bad game. If the dev un-abandons this and finishes off the story (feels like episode 6 might be the last one?) I'll come back to it.

I like your rundowns of this VN Marty. And we're pretty similar in general opinion regarding all the LI's. You're right Sienna would have made a nice secret LI for any player who rejected every other (mostly damaged) girl. But that doesn't seem likely. I went Ada route too, although it was close with Mira. But i didn't get stalker vibes with Mira, i was just too weirded out by her face and couldn't get past it. Unlike you though, my MC told Ada to throw and fucking engagement ring as hard as she could. So i'm not letting her go.

Here's hoping Dev comes back for one last hurrah. (at least)

4.40 star(s) 71 Votes