4.40 star(s) 71 Votes

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Yeah the way Mira and Damon acted in the bar I am kind of hoping in the next update I can say, Hey Naomi why don't we get the fuck out of here and go somewhere nice and then take her to another club or restaurant. Naomi is my least favorite but better then hanging out in a bar with Mira whom I thought was my girlfriend and Damon who I thought was my best friend :mad:.
That would work but based on the whole idea that everyone knows more than the MC in the New Years flashback which included the MC, Naomi, and his mom it felt like Naomi knew a lot about what was going on with his mom. So she probably also is in on the secret.

I really hope not but after all those memories of her and how much the MC seems to have been in love with her and out of the blue she just suddenly shows up, it seems to be inevitable.
Yeah, that's how it feels to me but then at the same time the preview that was shared shows the MC and Mira smiling and having a good time together. Which makes me think that the MC is going to be completely cool with being snubbed by them at the bar. Perhaps I am wrong and that preview is of one route in the next update. I just hope we get options when it comes to hanging out with Mira and Damon. We haven't so far and it is disappointing.

I get that weird vibe from most of the characters in this game. Like they are all hiding something from the MC and the only person who doesn't know what it is, is the MC. I think I am starting to sound like an conspiracy theorist :ROFLMAO:. But damn a girl Damon has know for what a week and she seems to know what is going with Damon. Penny seems to know what is going on with MC's Mom and I am getting the feeling that Damon not only knows why the MC's mother left but had something to do with it and I wouldn't be surprised if Mira knows as well.
Yeah, I mean it seems everyone knows the MC's mom, Ada's dad recognized him and told him that his mom would be disappointed in him lying. The MC just met this man and he seems to know the MC's mom well enough to make that judgement. WTF? Then it turns out that everyone talks like it is obvious what happened with the mom. Maybe the mom killed herself by jumping off a bridge and the MC has blocked it out, made up a fantasy where she is just missing?

Didn't you find it strange though when Damon's therapist asks to meet the MC and then starts asking him about his relationships? It's starting to make me feel like the whole town knows :rolleyes:. Also don't you think that Damon acts overly friendly towards the MC but also seems to be nervous at the same time?
Yeah, which is why I first thought the gay "has a crush on the MC" angle, then I thought maybe it was the "having an affair with the MC's mom" angle, now I don't know what to think. But then Damon seems like he is trying to play matchmaker for the MC and Mira. Yet then he has the bar block the MC from rejoining them... I would have called it a night right there if it was me. What a wonderful "special" night Damon arranged.

now that you put it like that everybody knowing a big secret about your life except you. That kind of sounds creepy really really creepy why did you have to point that out
:eek:
Because it's true, everyone knows something about the MC, EVERYONE!

giphy.gif

sdawg1234

Dec 1, 2019
Yeah, I mean it seems everyone knows the MC's mom, Ada's dad recognized him and told him that his mom would be disappointed in him lying. The MC just met this man and he seems to know the MC's mom well enough to make that judgement. WTF? Then it turns out that everyone talks like it is obvious what happened with the mom. Maybe the mom killed herself by jumping off a bridge and the MC has blocked it out, made up a fantasy where she is just missing?
This might be the only thing I would buy that would allow me to believe all the secrecy. If not I don't understand what the reason would be to keep him in the dark. I mean he basically threw the school year away after it happened and his life was going down from there. Would telling him what happened make it worse? Now that he seems to at least be ok enough to resume his life everyone wants start bringing her up. Outside of that to me no one really seems to be his friend by keeping him in the dark.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
This might be the only thing I would buy that would allow me to believe all the secrecy. If not I don't understand what the reason would be to keep him in the dark. I mean he basically threw the school year away after it happened and his life was going down from there. Would telling him what happened make it worse? Now that he seems to at least be ok enough to resume his life everyone wants start bringing her up. Outside of that to me no one really seems to be his friend by keeping him in the dark.
The whole idea that he has a mental block around his mother and what really happened to her would be interesting to explore. I don't think the dev is going to go that way, though it's possible, but I thought it would be a new angle for a game. Regardless as long as she isn't a superspy who is ghosting him because she had to go on a mission then I am good :)

Reactions: Osamabeenfappin

Deleted member 207916

Sep 17, 2017
I have not played it but according to all opinions or most assume that Damon is gay and if we add what you say that they could meet in the therapist, it could be that Damon has told Mira that he is in love with Mc ( if the situation is that he loves Mc, the player could understand the doubt he has in telling him, it is not the same to tell Mc that he is gay than to say he is gay and loves him) or feels something else that only "friendship" (since they met in the therapist they could be more open in talking about their situations or problems) Damon tries to hide it by making the MC go out with Mira and maybe Mira knowing Damon's feelings, she felt bad in the bar when mc dances with her (I think someone said the MC try to kiss her?) and whit Damon looking at them.

You could say that it would be a situation as if we went with our best friend to a bar and see the girl that your friend is in love with and has always told you, suddenly that girl comes and wants to kiss you in front of your friend ... (maybe you want to kiss her But doing it in front of your best friend who is interested in that girl would be a dick move and surely an awkward moment)
Real question then is if Damon and Mira meet at therapist, Damon told her his condition and admitted his feelings toward MC, why would Damon arrange meeting between MC and Mira in the first place? Why would Mira pursue MC if she knew about Damon's feelings ( presuming that he's gay)? And at the night club why would he tell bartender to forbid MC to go towards the table where Mira and Damon are? You know if I was there ( real life situation) I would presume that two of them are trying to hook up. If MC had a choice I would pick "Leave".

Deleted member 207916

Sep 17, 2017
The whole idea that he has a mental block around his mother and what really happened to her would be interesting to explore. I don't think the dev is going to go that way, though it's possible, but I thought it would be a new angle for a game. Regardless as long as she isn't a superspy who is ghosting him because she had to go on a mission then I am good :)
It seems that everyone knows MC mom better than MC himself. Whether it is Peny, Ada's dad. There'll probably be more cases like this where MC discovers something new from someone about his mom.

BroodZeo

Oct 18, 2020
It seems that everyone knows MC mom better than MC himself. Whether it is Peny, Ada's dad. There'll probably be more cases like this where MC discovers something new from someone about his mom.
lol makes me laugh on fucking dumbfounded is the MC lmao:ROFLMAO: Every freaking person is hiding something from him, he knows that but he ignores that like it's nothing. If I was in MC shoes I would've probably went to Damon and Mira by force and would've said you know what "fuck you (middle finger pointing) I'm out of this shitty mess." coz for me Self-respect does matters much more than playing the Nice guy. Don't know how Dev gonna tackle this whole situation but will love to see how he deals with everyone.

Deleted member 207916

Sep 17, 2017
lol makes me laugh on fucking dumbfounded is the MC lmao:ROFLMAO: Every freaking person is hiding something from him, he knows that but he ignores that like it's nothing. If I was in MC shoes I would've probably went to Damon and Mira by force and would've said you know what "fuck you (middle finger pointing) I'm out of this shitty mess." coz for me Self-respect does matters much more than playing the Nice guy. Don't know how Dev gonna tackle this whole situation but will love to see how he deals with everyone.
Exactly that. If I was there and bartender told me you can't go there I would presume that two of them want to hook up. Like fu, middle finger and have a good night.

Well MC isn't exactly the smartest character in this game. Even when he have all the answers in front of him you still have to paint him so he can get the whole picture. Take for example when he and Peny talked in class where she told him about his mom and the moment she started to touch his leg. Why would you stop her you idiot? Wtf, I would let her and pretend like nothing is wrong. When he stopped her I face-palm myself.

BroodZeo

Oct 18, 2020
Exactly that. If I was there and bartender told me you can't go there I would presume that two of them want to hook up. Like fu, middle finger and have a good night.

Well MC isn't exactly the smartest character in this game. Even when he have all the answers in front of him you still have to paint him so he can get the whole picture. Take for example when he and Peny talked in class where she told him about his mom and the moment she started to touch his leg. Why would you stop her you idiot? Wtf, I would let her and pretend like nothing is wrong. When he stopped her I face-palm myself.
Lol faceplamed lmao I'm like :ROFLMAO:
Dev - How many faceplams for MC?
Us - *Yes

Last edited:

victoryroad

Jul 22, 2017
Yeah I get the MC wasn't very close to his mom, but seemingly every character in the game seems to have something to hide from him regarding his mom. My first thought was the MC had some sort of mental breakdown after his mom left him or died and lot of comments here seem to indicate that too, also probably the only thing that'd explain everyone's bizarre behaviour around him. Right now only the biker girl and MC's relationship seems to be somewhat genuine, everyone else seems to have some secret agenda. Again this is another one of the long list of games that suffers because of the MC being an uninteresting character. He seems to be unaware of the events surrounding him even more than the people around him. But the game is only at v0.2 so let's see how it progresses.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Yeah I get the MC wasn't very close to his mom, but seemingly every character in the game seems to have something to hide from him regarding his mom. My first thought was the MC had some sort of mental breakdown after his mom left him or died and lot of comments here seem to indicate that too, also probably the only thing that'd explain everyone's bizarre behaviour around him. Right now only the biker girl and MC's relationship seems to be somewhat genuine, everyone else seems to have some secret agenda. Again this is another one of the long list of games that suffers because of the MC being an uninteresting character. He seems to be unaware of the events surrounding him even more than the people around him. But the game is only at v0.2 so let's see how it progresses.
Only problem with Ada (biker girl) is that she is obviously still hooked on her ex and the MC is just a rebound guy. Rose, the ex's fiancée, sees it and is jealous of the fact. I'm torn, as I like Ada, but I don't see how that is going to go well for the MC.

Reactions: TheFurs

Deleted member 207916

Sep 17, 2017
I somehow doubt it was a mental breakdown but again who knows. MC did isolate himself , the best example of this when he broke up with Naomi and isolated her in the first place. But then the question is why didn't he isolate Damon as well? From a real life expeirance when my friends dad died we were all there for her. Then she started changing like her behaviour was the same however she did isolate herself and started ignoring the rest of us to the point when she wouldn't say you hello if she saw you on the street. I was calling her, texting her one time i managed to get her and asked her hey do you want to hang out, perhaps couple of coffee or something. All she said back was i'll call you but to this day she didn't. So i stoped trying in the end. Now if we implement that real life experiance here you could ask single question : Why just Naomi?, why didn't MC isolate everyone else? For a given reason whether his mom killed herself or simply left. I somehow don't think it was mental breakdown. I could say more that he had hard time. Another big question here is if we presume that MC mom is all fine and well then why did she leave? What would've make her leaving? What kind of a problem is so big that would make her leave her own son? I do have some theory about Mira and MC mom but i don't know if i should at all write it. It might be to crazy.

victoryroad

Jul 22, 2017
Only problem with Ada (biker girl) is that she is obviously still hooked on her ex and the MC is just a rebound guy. Rose, the ex's fiancée, sees it and is jealous of the fact. I'm torn, as I like Ada, but I don't see how that is going to go well for the MC.
And for once in one of these games, the LI's ex is not a giant asshole or a rapist, they just broke up due to circumstances right? (played the game some time ago so not 100% sure about this). Anyway Ada is the only one I find interesting so far cause she seems to have good chemistry with the MC.

Reactions: MrFriendly

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
And for once in one of these games, the LI's ex is not a giant asshole or a rapist, they just broke up due to circumstances right? (played the game some time ago so not 100% sure about this). Anyway Ada is the only one I find interesting so far cause she seems to have good chemistry with the MC.
IIRC it was a "didn't feel like they deserved each other" or "weren't good enough" break up more than either of them being assholes to each other. Which is why I feel like the MC is just a rebound guy or even the guy that makes Ada realize she wants to be with Scott. Unfortunately the setup is very familiar to me. LOL.

Scott even asks the MC to take care of Ada or be there for her. If he is so worried about her now I just don't see why they won't end up back together.

Deleted member 207916

Sep 17, 2017
To me it's triangle between MC, Danielle and Damon. Some real chemistry is there. I mean ever since Damon broke up with Danielle she was doing everything possible and impossible she could to the level that she involved MC and ( if you're on Danielle's route ) she started falling for MC. Crazy thing right :LOL:

victoryroad

Jul 22, 2017
I somehow doubt it was a mental breakdown but again who knows. MC did isolate himself , the best example of this when he broke up with Naomi and isolated her in the first place. But then the question is why didn't he isolate Damon as well? From a real life expeirance when my friends dad died we were all there for her. Then she started changing like her behaviour was the same however she did isolate herself and started ignoring the rest of us to the point when she wouldn't say you hello if she saw you on the street. I was calling her, texting her one time i managed to get her and asked her hey do you want to hang out, perhaps couple of coffee or something. All she said back was i'll call you but to this day she didn't. So i stoped trying in the end. Now if we implement that real life experiance here you could ask single question : Why just Naomi?, why didn't MC isolate everyone else? For a given reason whether his mom killed herself or simply left. I somehow don't think it was mental breakdown. I could say more that he had hard time. Another big question here is if we presume that MC mom is all fine and well then why did she leave? What would've make her leaving? What kind of a problem is so big that would make her leave her own son? I do have some theory about Mira and MC mom but i don't know if i should at all write it. It might be to crazy.
I don't have any similar experience so I can't comment on that, but what bothers me the most is that characters who are most close to the MC, like his friend, teacher and ex-girlfriend know more about the MC's mom than himself. I get the MC and his mom weren't the closest, but they had a normal mother-son relationship. This entire situation seems like she's just a shitty mother, and just left the MC without thinking about the consequences, unless she works for the Avengers and left to save the world from an alien invasion.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
To me it's triangle between MC, Danielle and Damon. Some real chemistry is there. I mean ever since Damon broke up with Danielle she was doing everything possible and impossible she could to the level that she involved MC and ( if you're on Danielle's route ) she started falling for MC. Crazy thing right :LOL:
And for me it is a "how do I get rid of Danielle and Damon" while staying single, finishing school, and having some fun with Penny before moving onto college game.

At this point... Before I was all pro team Ada but that last update made me want Ada and Scott to get back together, even if only so that Rose would shut up and leave the MC alone.

victoryroad

Jul 22, 2017
And for me it is a "how do I get rid of Danielle and Damon" while staying single, finishing school, and having some fun with Penny before moving onto college game.

At this point... Before I was all pro team Ada but that last update made me want Ada and Scott to get back together, even if only so that Rose would shut up and leave the MC alone.
I'm guessing we'll get a choice in the future update i which we can help Ada and Scott get back together (this will probably get us into Rose route), or stay uninvolved in the drama, which in turn will lead to Ada and MC becoming a couple. As for Damon getting involved/helping him will depend on what exactly he and the doctor are hiding from the MC, that doctor certainly rubbed me the wrong way when she only tried to get the details out of the MC, and wasn't willing to answer the MC at all. Danielle seems like she had a crush on the MC even when he had a girlfriend, and now that she has relationship troubles and MC is single she's conflicted. As of now not interested in her either.

Reactions: MrFriendly

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I'm guessing we'll get a choice in the future update i which we can help Ada and Scott get back together (this will probably get us into Rose route), or stay uninvolved in the drama, which in turn will lead to Ada and MC becoming a couple. As for Damon getting involved/helping him will depend on what exactly he and the doctor are hiding from the MC, that doctor certainly rubbed me the wrong way when she only tried to get the details out of the MC, and wasn't willing to answer the MC at all. Danielle seems like she had a crush on the MC even when he had a girlfriend, and now that she has relationship troubles and MC is single she's conflicted. As of now not interested in her either.
Yeah, Red Dust is doing a good job in giving each character a few layers. It isn't a simple plot with simple relationships. At this point I don't trust anyone to not have an ulterior motive for their relationship with the MC. Everyone seems to know more than him, everyone seems to want something more from him. Just wish he was a little more clued in. But then he is still working through his issues with mom and Naomi. I really hope we can choose to avoid Mira and Damon, even if that carves out a bunch of content.

Deleted member 207916

Sep 17, 2017
I don't have any similar experience so I can't comment on that, but what bothers me the most is that characters who are most close to the MC, like his friend, teacher and ex-girlfriend know more about the MC's mom than himself. I get the MC and his mom weren't the closest, but they had a normal mother-son relationship. This entire situation seems like she's just a shitty mother, and just left the MC without thinking about the consequences, unless she works for the Avengers and left to save the world from an alien invasion.
I actually agree with you regarding MC and his mom but we also have to keap in mind that every human does have some dark secrets that doesn't share with anyone, even closest to him. It does indeed bother that almost everyone else knows MC mom better then himself. I think that future episodes will answer some questions. Like is MC realy having mental breakdown, did MC mom killed herself or just left leading to a reason people being extra carefull around MC.

4.40 star(s) 71 Votes