• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
4.40 star(s) 70 Votes
Sep 3, 2020
Ahaha I went to click Like on your post, but, almost hit report. Not sure wtf I was thinking there. lol But, I think you're right on that matter. Mom seems too emotional over the situation, dad though has a clear impression of it all. Seems like a good dude and I do hope he can help. Whether we are just friends with her or trying the romance path with her.
well I don't think her mother is too emotional

is she emotional yes but I don't think she's too emotional her feelings are understandable it's Naomi needs to apologize not her mom

the only thing her mom did was love her like a daughter

even after Naomi made it quite clear that she does not consider her her mother

underoath27

Nov 22, 2020
I won't try and change your mind on it, but, for me I see it as I said. I do hope you're right. At least on Ada's path, we weren't beaten like a lil bitch as the Danielle fans were. I read those few posts and I was like fuck. I rejected her from the start. She's just too pushy and bratty for my taste.
Hahaha. Well, as I said, I guess Ada still has some feelings, but I don't think she is in love or using MC to get over Chris, I guess she is trying to move on, like MC is trying to move on from Naomi (at least in my playthrough). I understand why Ada is acting that way about Chris taking into account how she ended their relationship, so her actions are normal at least for me. About Danielle, she will be my last path because she is Damon's ex, so, I won't choose her 'till I see all the other paths. Mira is my second favorite girl, she is too cute.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
well I don't think her mother is too emotional

is she emotional yes but I don't think she's too emotional her feelings are understandable it's Naomi needs to apologize not her mom

the only thing her mom did was love her like a daughter

even after Naomi made it quite clear that she does not consider her her mother
Not going to argue the point. Does Naomi owe them an apology? Yes. Does she not actually think of her as her mom? Questionable. As she even admitted to seeing how fucked up her actions towards them in the past were. She was lashing out over her abandonment issues. But, Nancy does need to back off a bit and cool her jets. As her hubby told her. I think he's the best option to help us work on the issues and not the mom.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
As you said, MC has lot of baggage too. I don't think Ada sees MC as second choice. Sure, I guess she still has some feelings about Chris, but I always think she is starting to like MC, putting her past in the past, like MC with Naomi. It is not like Ada is trying to get back with Chris, she just needs to move on, and I believe she is trying that.
I won't try and change your mind on it, but, for me I see it as I said. I do hope you're right. At least on Ada's path, we weren't beaten like a lil bitch as the Danielle fans were. I read those few posts and I was like fuck. I rejected her from the start. She's just too pushy and bratty for my taste.
Hahaha. Well, as I said, I guess Ada still has some feelings, but I don't think she is in love or using MC to get over Chris, I guess she is trying to move on, like MC is trying to move on from Naomi (at least in my playthrough). I understand why Ada is acting that way about Chris taking into account how she ended their relationship, so her actions are normal at least for me. About Danielle, she will be my last path because she is Damon's ex, so, I won't choose her 'till I see all the other paths. Mira is my second favorite girl, she is too cute.
I just don't see trusting Ada in a relationship, it feels like she'd go back to Chris if he was free and they could talk it out. It is obvious she still has feelings for him and vice versa. You don't drink yourself into a stupor if you have moved on. You also don't sacrifice your motorcycle for the other person if you don't still have feelings. Ada and Chris have both had conversations with the MC about figuring out how to get over each other and move on. When Chris finds Rose naked at home with two glasses "drinking alone" and she kicks him out you have to wonder where he ends up. Couple all of that with Ada's hesitance to commit to someone significantly younger (who repeated his senior year) and I just don't see the MC and her riding off into the sunset.

NoI'mDirtyDan

Oct 14, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

On another note, what hospital just let their patient lay in their bed completely naked? Like at least put on some clothes after you wake up. That scene just completely take me out of the story for a moment. It makes no sense and it's so out of place in a otherwise pretty serious story.
Well there's a end shot of her having thrown her pic of Damon and her in the trash

underoath27

Nov 22, 2020
I just don't see trusting Ada in a relationship, it feels like she'd go back to Chris if he was free and they could talk it out. It is obvious she still has feelings for him and vice versa. You don't drink yourself into a stupor if you have moved on. You also don't sacrifice your motorcycle for the other person if you don't still have feelings. Ada and Chris have both had conversations with the MC about figuring out how to get over each other and move on. When Chris finds Rose naked at home with two glasses "drinking alone" and she kicks him out you have to wonder where he ends up. Couple all of that with Ada's hesitance to commit to someone significantly younger (who repeated his senior year) and I just don't see the MC and her riding off into the sunset.
Well, I agree with almost everything you said. I believe both of them (Ada and Chris) have some feeling for each other, that is crystal clear, but as I said, I do believe Ada will try to finally movr on and I see sincerity in her, I think she is getting attached to MC, the fact they were so in love with each other and they ended the way they did, isn't somehing you will forget and put it behind in a short period. I guess meeting MC is what Ada needed to realize that she needs to move on.

The Bush Diver

Feb 21, 2020
Phew, just finished the update. Some words to share with y'all, brothers:

Red Dust aced the cliffhanger, eh? The two gods of VN (which I won't name here, since I think it's not required) couldn't do better!

Now, for some graphical thoughts on my part:

Well, definitely some heavy anxiety control is required while waiting for the next update.

Red Dust, you are definitely going straight to the top (y)

Aaaaand...I need more of Penny! And Rose. I can't get enuf!

Reactions: lxh123 and NateGrey

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
Before they enter the house Naomi describes the many foster homes she was in before she lived with this couple. She described being repeatedly abandoned and losing everyone, including her family except for her estranged sister.
Based on how she's behaving, at this point I'm half-convinced she's been repeatedly abandoned because she's the one that keeps pushing people away until they eventually give up on her. It would be consistent with a lot of the evidence.

Which I suppose is kind of poetically appropriate, considering my version of the MC has also given up on her at this point.

Thought i found their relationship (MC/Naomi) very shallow, i don't know why it is pictured as if they were the love of their lifes for each other.
Because it's what they believed. Because they were basically Romeo obsessing over Rosaline. A childish teenage crush overblown into a love so dramatic that Romeo was willing to kill himself over it after she rejects him. And then completely forgotten 30 seconds after he meets Juliet for the first time.

Teenagers gonna teenage.

But everyone has to grow up sometime.

We also got blamed for not inviting Damon the pool party and of course we can't call out Danielle for her bs for once.

He gets blame at the pool party, cause we did have so much choice going along with Danielle :rolleyes:

Course Damon blames MC again, it's not like he basically forced us to deal with his ex, which he is not capable of dealing with...or even trying to do so.

Like man, i wanted to tell Damon that he should finaly get his sorry ass up and deal with his obsessed ex, u don't even need to tell her about being gay, just make it clear it's over once and for all and if are just having a heart to heart talk, stop ''fixing'' things, u suck at it...
I was so annoyed in that moment I was tempted to blow off Damon completely and go talk to Danielle. Especially because she's only doing dumb shit in the first place because he utterly refuses to man the fuck up. It's like, you don't even have to tell her you're gay, dude. Just talk to her. Cut the passive-aggressive shit and make her understand you're serious about being broken up, and don't want to get back together. Because otherwise you're just stringing her along and ruining her life way worse than she's doing to yours.

Only problem was that I was already annoyed with her for that whole mess in the first place (I've more or less been rejecting her and her ideas from the beginning), so my knee-jerk response was to point out that she dragged me along against my will (because she did) rather than accept even more completely unjustified blame for something I wanted no part of in the first place. So I was sort of left having to pick one of them to talk to, when at that point I didn't really want to talk to either of them.

It's like, fuck it, let's head back out to the pool and go talk to the other girls. Maybe one of them isn't a turbo drama queen like everyone else in this town.

I mean, the MC seems to be either simp or a masochist, if Damon revals he is gay, i'm sure either Damon or the MC will find something he can blamed for again, most likely both and maybe one or two LI's will join.
Damon will eventually reveal he's gay, and that he's had a crush on the MC their whole lives. MC will apologize for not being gay so he could be there for Damon, thus it's clearly entirely his fault that Damon is going through such a difficult crisis. MC will probably also apologize for not realizing Damon was gay and thus not being able to support him emotionally, in spite of the fact that Damon's the one who's been trying to hide it the whole time.

</sarcasm>

Honestly though, as much as the game pushes Damon as your bestest friend ever, it kind of comes across like their friendship is as shallow as your relationship with Naomi seems to be. It's explicitly said at one point that the two of them never actually talk about personal stuff (helping explain why the MC never twigged to the fact that Damon's been gay the whole time). And it's not as if you seem to have anything meaningful in common other than the fact that you both occasionally like to drink beer.

And apparently Damon likes to live vicariously by hooking you up with multiple potential girlfriends (he's the reason you hooked up with Naomi, Mira is very clearly pushed off onto you for the same reason, and he seems way too interested in the idea of you and Danielle talking about stuff together when you mention it to him the first time - it seems like he may have gotten his hopes up that the two of you would connect and it would solve two separate problems for him at once).

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
It makes sense why he was pissed at u for telling dion that kent did it
The problem is, he's still pissed at you even if you didn't tell Dion that Kent did it.

Damon is effectively putting you into no-win situations and then getting upset when you lose.

At least on Ada's path, we weren't beaten like a lil bitch as the Danielle fans were. I read those few posts and I was like fuck. I rejected her from the start. She's just too pushy and bratty for my taste.
Not going to argue the bratty and pushy part. But...

Let's be honest - Danielle has literally never hidden the fact that her goal was to get Damon back. Almost everything she does is an attempt to help him/win him over so they get back together. Even if you're actively pursuing and she seems like she's starting to catch feelings for you, it doesn't really change the fact that she's still after Damon.

What happened in that scene really wasn't all that surprising. And it's not as if she's all that in the wrong for letting it happen. It's not like she's been telling you she's completely over Damon and ready to commit 100% to a relationship with you. If anything, you're just still stuck in that weird place where she's still not entirely sure what she feels or what she wants.

And hey, it's not like Danielle fans have to worry about that other relationship becoming a problem the way Ada fans (or Rose fans) have to worry about Chris. It's pretty obvious Damon and Danielle are never getting back together.

And when she inevitably finds out that he's been gay all along, it's going to jar a hell of a lot of stuff loose in her brain. Assuming she doesn't hunt Damon down and stab him to death with a kitchen knife for using her and toying with her emotions for years, she'd probably be pretty ready and willing to commit 100% to the MC at that point. Especially if it seems like he actually cares for her when Damon clearly never did.

When Chris finds Rose naked at home with two glasses "drinking alone" and she kicks him out you have to wonder where he ends up.
What I'm hearing is that the best possible scenario is one where Ada does wind up with the MC, and Rose still leaves him, so Chris winds up alone and really, really confused.

Armorer

Oct 28, 2017
incredibly on point game... Damon is a reflection of a bro from the early 90s and I was stupid about a early love... damn it's like the dev knew me... Bro came out and I lost her due to (in retrospect) stupidity !!!!

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
I may be naive, but I get the impression that Ada is ready to move on from Chris if the MC is romancing her. I think the big problem in that case isn't her lingering feelings for Chris, it's her inability to cope with what she said to Chris when they broke up. In part that's because she knows just how hurtful it was and she can see it's left some scars on him. But the even bigger issue is that Ada hasn't quite come to terms with what it says about her that she could ever think such things in the first place. That's going to be a lingering problem since a relationship with the MC would have a lot of the same problems, so she's going to have to address her feelings at some point.

That's my $.02 anyway. Overall, I really like the game. It's definitely high on drama and I agree its frustrating that we're stuck tolerating Damon's endless efforts to (badly) keep secrets, but in general the character dynamics are interesting and just believable enough to keep me engaged. It probably helps that I like Mira so there's an easy path for my 'main, run, but I like a lot of the other options, too. Even Danielle's path, despite the epic red flag at the end of the latest episode made me more interested rather than less.

The only paths that feel problematic (rather than just dramatically perilous) are Penny and Rose. Penny because, as was mentioned, she goes from concerned teacher to date-rape cougar more or less instantly with no explanation anywhere in sight. Rose because the actions necessary to stay on her path seem blatantly unwise; nearly all the characters are suffering from lingering wounds, but Rose actions are the only one that seem 100% certain to reopen and infect as many of those wounds as possible. Hopefully we'll get an alternate path to pursuing her at some point.

Either way, this game is definitely one to watch! Nice work, Red Dust!

4.40 star(s) 70 Votes