4.40 star(s) 70 Votes

tibse

May 9, 2017
I mean I didn't expect her to fully fall in love with MC but I also didn't expect her to shout "Fill me up Damon!" when Mc is fucking her. That's a whole another level that completely killed her character for me.
If you did try the mall route with Danielle, you know, that all she did was for Damon, the MC for now is just a tool. If they will have something together later, we shall see.

NoxLaw

Nov 11, 2020
If you did try the mall route with Danielle, you know, that all she did was for Damon, the MC for now is just a tool. If they will have something together later, we shall see.
That's kind of the point. I thought that Mc was becoming more than just a tool step by step but this update set that whole progress 100 steps backwards and off the cliff because now I don't want to be more than just a tool, now I don't even want to be the tool.

And btw, it feels like Mc is tool to every single character in this game which is not ideal.

NoI'mDirtyDan

Oct 14, 2017
That's kind of the point. I thought that Mc was becoming more than just a tool step by step but this update set that whole progress 100 steps backwards and off the cliff because now I don't want to be more than just a tool, now I don't even want to be the tool.

And btw, it feels like Mc is tool to every single character in this game which is not ideal.
They are becoming more than a tool, that's why the last shot is her having thrown away the picture of her and Damon. She obviously does have feelings for the MC, but it's overshadowed by her feelings for Damon that's she's going to have to get over since he's getting clapped.

Rocc46

Sep 1, 2020

I partially agree. I think she does care about MC and he is more than a "tool" to her BUT that last scene with her was such a deal breaker for me that like you, I don't really care about her anymore.

SteelyDan14

Formerly Known as GeekBone
Modder
Donor
Jan 13, 2018
Also did anyone else notice when Damon called the MC about Alexandria being okay there was a short haired blonde who was walking up to the car? I swear to God if that turns out to be the Mum (which I think is likely) there better be an option to tell them both to piss off, got a huge feeling she left because of a lesbian affair since some people also brought that up a few pages ago.
I totally missed this. I am going to have to go back and try to find that. It would totally piss me off... I mean Mom running away without telling her son anything is bad enough but she is comfortable hanging out with Damon and sharing her problems with him? Even Damon doesn't really tell the MC everything. I mean, are they really friends? When can the MC get and stay mad at some of these people? FFS.

Mr Secret

Dec 18, 2019
I totally missed this. I am going to have to go back and try to find that. It would totally piss me off... I mean Mom running away without telling her son anything is bad enough but she is comfortable hanging out with Damon and sharing her problems with him? Even Damon doesn't really tell the MC everything. I mean, are they really friends? When can the MC get and stay mad at some of these people? FFS.
Exactly!! for being supposed "best friends" they do tend to keep a lot of secrets from each other. I liked Damon for like the first few minutes of playing but as soon as he dumped all his problems on the MC instead of growing some balls and doing it himself I lost respect for him.

And don't get me started with the Mum man.. if all this turns out to be true I don't know HOW she or Damon expect to think the MC will be alright with him knowing more about his own mother this entire time... of course that depends if the MC decides to stop taking everyone's shit for a change...

To be honest I'm feeling more and more sorry for the Dad when I think about the whole Mum situation... No wonder the poor bloke decided fuck it and moved to Hong Kong.

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2020
A Three Rules of Life [v0.4.0] [Compressed]

Original Size Win/Linux: 3.89 GB

Compressed Size Win/Linux: 510 MB: MEGA -
Compressed Size Mac: 493 MB: MEGA -

If you want to create a MEGA Account use this link: Mega

Compressing process reduces image/audio/video quality and can break the game, be aware of that.

You can find all of my Walkthrough Mods content here:

Or you can:

Hey Joker, just wanted to let you know that I tried to download the MEGA version and it leads to a link dead.

JokerLeader

Former Legendary Game Compressor
Modder
Game Compressor
Donor
Mar 16, 2019
Hey Joker, just wanted to let you know that I tried to download the MEGA version and it leads to a link dead.
It's been hours of uploading everything to Mega again, but they suspended 2 accounts today, so sorry for the Mega Links that are not working.

Dhoulcmagus

Jun 16, 2020
And don't get me started with the Mum man.. if all this turns out to be true I don't know HOW she or Damon expect to think the MC will be alright with him knowing more about his own mother this entire time... of course that depends if the MC decides to stop taking everyone's shit for a change...

To be honest I'm feeling more and more sorry for the Dad when I think about the whole Mum situation... No wonder the poor bloke decided fuck it and moved to Hong Kong.
There's a pattern in this type of stories, and it's usually to put these close but shady characters under a really guilty shadow over a certain event (in this case, leaving without a word), so that the audience/players blame the hell out of them, only to find out later on that everything was done for MC's sake, with a very convoluted way to explain why the MC was completely left in the dark.

And I'm fully expecting this to be the case. "Don't be too quick upon judging a certain character's actions before letting them explain themselves", would probably be their motto. I'm personally not a fan of them because, on the whole, it makes the MC (and, through them, you as well) feel betrayed and miserable. Honestly, very few reasons come to mind which could justify leaving someone like that. A complete derangement, or live or death situations, maybe, and even those'd be tricky, as they should always try to reach the one left behind to help them understand.

I for one would be glad if this doesn't happen. If she actually left for more selfish reasons, and nothing could justify the void the MC had to endure, and a confrontation is inevitable. It'd be a nice change. But, as I said, I'm not expecting that.

SteelyDan14

Formerly Known as GeekBone
Modder
Donor
Jan 13, 2018
There's a pattern in this type of stories, and it's usually to put these close but shady characters under a really guilty shadow over a certain event (in this case, leaving without a word), so that the audience/players blame the hell out of them, only to find out later on that everything was done for MC's sake, with a very convoluted way to explain why the MC was completely left in the dark.

And I'm fully expecting this to be the case. "Don't be too quick upon judging a certain character's actions before letting them explain themselves", would probably be their motto. I'm personally not a fan of them because, on the whole, it makes the MC (and, through them, you as well) feel betrayed and miserable. Honestly, very few reasons come to mind which could justify leaving someone like that. A complete derangement, or live or death situations, maybe, and even those'd be tricky, as they should always try to reach the one left behind to help them understand.

I for one would be glad if this doesn't happen. If she actually left for more selfish reasons, and nothing could justify the void the MC had to endure, and a confrontation is inevitable. It'd be a nice change. But, as I said, I'm not expecting that.
I get it, and you're right. But come on... short of the MC's life being threatened, what could it possibly be that she could run away and only tell her son's best friend? Perhaps the time at the truck was the first time Damon had seen her, but there were two coffee cups on the truck. Besides, if I was on the phone with my BF and his mom suddenly walked up, I would be like "Holy shit bro... your Mom just walked up!"

I don't know... maybe it has something to do with that freaky therapist Alexandra. She's not quite right. But regardless, it is going to have to be a whopper of an explanation for me to understand why she couldn't tell her son know what was going on or at least let him know she was okay.

Cigzag

Feb 20, 2020
I totally agree with this. A good example of a situation like this was in Life Is Strange 2. The MC's mother abandoned him for selfish reasons, and I like how when he reunites with her in the game it gives the player full agency on how the MC treats the mother and how he feels about her abandoning him.
There is definitely no good reason to just disappear from your family without saying anything at all and no way to justify it.

Reactions: Rannell

Osamabeenfappin

Nov 24, 2019
I totally agree with this. A good example of a situation like this was in Life Is Strange 2. The MC's mother abandoned him for selfish reasons, and I like how when he reunites with her in the game it gives the player full agency on how the MC treats the mother and how he feels about her abandoning him.
There is definitely no good reason to just disappear from your family without saying anything at all and no way to justify it.

She could have at least told MC she was going to the store to get a pack of cigarettes lol

MC:but mom you don't smoke

Cigzag

Feb 20, 2020
Also did anyone else notice when Damon called the MC about Alexandria being okay there was a short haired blonde who was walking up to the car? I swear to God if that turns out to be the Mum (which I think is likely) there better be an option to tell them both to piss off, got a huge feeling she left because of a lesbian affair since some people also brought that up a few pages ago.
That would actually make a lot of sense. Damon probably opened up to her about being gay, and in turn the mother might've confessed to him that she was a lesbian and was having an affair.
All in all though, I really wish the MC could get mad at people when they deserve it and call them out for their bullshit (without losing points, when it's him being wronged). I will be telling Damon and his Mother to eat shit the first opportunity I (hopefully) get if this or something similar turns out true.
I partially agree. I think she does care about MC and he is more than a "tool" to her BUT that last scene with her was such a deal breaker for me that like you, I don't really care about her anymore.
It's partially silly to feel this way though I do get where you're coming from...but the whole point of Danielle's character and her entire route has revolved around her feelings for Damon and winning him back (with the MC's help), so I wasn't surprised in the slightest when she blurted that out and it doesn't bother me because it's expected. The drama and conflict is a nice touch in my opinion too, I hate when every girl just falls in love with the MC and he has zero competition and doesn't have to win them over against anyone else. Makes winning them over all the more sweeter when there's a challenge and obstacles.

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
Even Damon doesn't really tell the MC everything.
Damon doesn't tell the MC anything.

The problem there is that you then have to come up with an explanation that 100% justifies both the abandonment, the total lack of explanation, and a willingness to speak to other tangentially related people but none of those people being willing to explain either.

If you can't pull that off (and honestly, I'd argue that it's nearly impossible to do well in any setting that doesn't involve magic, where you can justify omniscience on the part of an antagonist and threats to kill your loved one if you even attempt to explain), it kind of makes the entire thing feel like shit writing. And doesn't really do much to negate the anger and sense of betrayal the MC should be feeling over the whole mess.

Unless we get an explanation like mom left a note saying why she left but dad intercepted it or something (and even then, I'm still kind of calling bullshit), I can't imagine a scenario where she would both have to leave without warning and was completely unable to explain why. Not even something contrived like "I was caring for a patient who was in the Mafia, and they told me I had to go treat him in hiding and couldn't tell anyone why I was leaving or they'd kill them!", because Mafiosos aren't psychic or omniscient. There would have been ways to at least semi-explain without getting caught, and without causing an emotional meltdown.

If anything, "I did it to help you/protect you" is going to feel like Damon's "I need to fix things" excuse. When everything you're doing makes things drastically worse, your good intentions kind of stop mattering compared to the actual consequences.

And if something like that happens and the MC immediately forgives her (and probably blames himself for everything) without giving the player the option to call her out or reject her, the ensuing rage-storm will be legendary.

Thing is, she knows more about the MC than even the MC knows about himself. Why? Because Damon can't keep his big trap shut.
Does that even really matter, though? We've been explicitly told that Damon and the MC never really talk about personal stuff. Damon's not really going to have any deep or meaningful things to tell Mira about. Most of his stories are probably going to be along the lines of "We got drunk and did a funny/stupid thing!" or "We hung out and cool thing happened!". That combined with the fact that Damon was almost certainly talking the MC up a bit implies that anything Mira learned about him outside of direct interaction is shallow at best, and at worst is outright wrong.

Again, she loves her own perception of who MC is, not the actual person. And that perception may be at odds with who the MC actually is. Worse, her perception is likely going to be at least a bit self-serving (an idealized version of someone is the perfect person to project your own rescue fantasies onto - he's the white knight who's going to save her from her tower so they can live happily ever after).

That's not really a recipe for long-term happiness and relationship success. That's a recipe for disillusionment.

And it's more or less a direct repeat of the relationship with Naomi. In both cases, the girls are more in love with the idea of what you represent to them than they are with you as an actual person. Assuming they even really know or care who you are as a person at all. And at risk of completely falling apart the moment that reality conflicts with the fantasy.

In her own way, Mira may be using you just as much as Danielle or Ada are, even if she's not conscious of it.

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
but the whole point of Danielle's character and her entire route has revolved around her feelings for Damon and winning him back (with the MC's help), so I wasn't surprised in the slightest when she blurted that out and it doesn't bother me because it's expected.
It's also worth remembering that she apparently dated Damon for years, but our flashbacks imply they never had sex (for obvious reasons).

So she's basically been in a long-term relationship where her boyfriend refused to have sex, while the entire time their friends were apparently having sex constantly. So she's built up the idea of sex with Damon into a huge thing in her head, and it's tied to her own feelings of validation (Damon constantly refusing her probably made her feel kind of worthless, which is only part of the psychological damage he's been doing to her by using her as a convenient beard).

When she has sex with the MC, the combination of her growing feelings for him being a very new thing, combined with years of pent-up frustration and angst (and possibly even guilt, if she feels like she's "cheating" on Damon to some degree), leaves her feeling emotionally confused. And then bam.

The realistic outcome of that whole mess is that either the MC decides he's had enough and rejects her over it (like many players seem to be doing in this thread), or they both realize the root cause of her issues and start working through them (meaning she needs to accept the idea that she'd rather be with MC and not Damon, and that it was never her fault that Damon was playing games with her emotions).

Again, characters coming to terms with past relationships and learning to let the past go is pretty much the theme of this game. The various LIs are basically going through the exact same voyage of discovery the MC is. Almost every romance path is essentially two broken people learning how to fix themselves by learning to care for each other.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Does that even really matter, though? We've been explicitly told that Damon and the MC never really talk about personal stuff. Damon's not really going to have any deep or meaningful things to tell Mira about. Most of his stories are probably going to be along the lines of "We got drunk and did a funny/stupid thing!" or "We hung out and cool thing happened!". That combined with the fact that Damon was almost certainly talking the MC up a bit implies that anything Mira learned about him outside of direct interaction is shallow at best, and at worst is outright wrong.

Again, she loves her own perception of who MC is, not the actual person. And that perception may be at odds with who the MC actually is. Worse, her perception is likely going to be at least a bit self-serving (an idealized version of someone is the perfect person to project your own rescue fantasies onto - he's the white knight who's going to save her from her tower so they can live happily ever after).

That's not really a recipe for long-term happiness and relationship success. That's a recipe for disillusionment.

And it's more or less a direct repeat of the relationship with Naomi. In both cases, the girls are more in love with the idea of what you represent to them than they are with you as an actual person. Assuming they even really know or care who you are as a person at all. And at risk of completely falling apart the moment that reality conflicts with the fantasy.

In her own way, Mira may be using you just as much as Danielle or Ada are, even if she's not conscious of it.
Maybe. But, I'd rather have a girl who is simping over us, than others who are blatantly making you the second choice. Ada was my first and only choice when I started playing this. But, after all that went down, I restarted and tried Mira's path. Her path seems more substantial than Ada's did. Of course this is my opinion. I don't expect anyone else to agree with me.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Honestly most of these explanations utterly suck and if u have no choice but to accept their bs it really ruins the story imo. There are only a couple of situations where i could accept no contact/message at all, like being dead, comatose or abducted/hostage...for pretty much anything else u could at least leave a message or have sporadic contact, even if u can't say what exactly is going on.

I mean we can tell the father to fuck off, even if not directly and he did nothing wrong, it was understandable, a new life after getting fucked over by his wife, althought he certainly choose a very poor way to let his son know that.
(and after this update i agree, i also would choose to leave this town)

So at very least i want some equality and tell the source off the problem to fuck off, i really don't care what sob story the mother has, but anything less than to safe the life of the MC and she can sit on a army ant hill while being coated in honey...as far as i care.

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 70 Votes