4.40 star(s) 71 Votes

Cigzag

Feb 20, 2020
It's also worth remembering that she apparently dated Damon for years, but our flashbacks imply they never had sex (for obvious reasons).

So she's basically been in a long-term relationship where her boyfriend refused to have sex, while the entire time their friends were apparently having sex constantly. So she's built up the idea of sex with Damon into a huge thing in her head, and it's tied to her own feelings of validation (Damon constantly refusing her probably made her feel kind of worthless, which is only part of the psychological damage he's been doing to her by using her as a convenient beard).

When she has sex with the MC, the combination of her growing feelings for him being a very new thing, combined with years of pent-up frustration and angst (and possibly even guilt, if she feels like she's "cheating" on Damon to some degree), leaves her feeling emotionally confused. And then bam.

The realistic outcome of that whole mess is that either the MC decides he's had enough and rejects her over it (like many players seem to be doing in this thread), or they both realize the root cause of her issues and start working through them (meaning she needs to accept the idea that she'd rather be with MC and not Damon, and that it was never her fault that Damon was playing games with her emotions).

Again, characters coming to terms with past relationships and learning to let the past go is pretty much the theme of this game. The various LIs are basically going through the exact same voyage of discovery the MC is. Almost every romance path is essentially two broken people learning how to fix themselves by learning to care for each other.
Well said mate, well said. This is the reason I really enjoy this VN and rank it quite high up there amongst my favorites. The characters aren't perfect, the girls aren't perfect and the relationships aren't just an easy one way street for the MC. It's a hell of a lot more entertaining than the MC just getting everything he wants without working for it. Oh boohoo, the MC isn't the only male in these girls lives. Believe it or not, that's how it works in real life too. People have baggage and I like to see that emphasized in a VN story for a change.

KeiNineX

Aug 10, 2019
Oh boohoo, the MC isn't the only male in these girls lives.
But that's not what most people complained about. There's a difference between not being the only male in a girls life and playing a second fiddle to the girl and the other male in her life which is essentially the case with 3 girls here.

And I don't think that would be an issue on it's own but it comes down to the MC who's getting fucked over by most people close to him and he's not even allowed to get angry. If players had more agency over how Mc feels when he gets treated like shit, and be able to call out people that treat him like that, there'd be way less complaining about everything because people would be able to vent through him and not here.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
But that's not what most people complained about. There's a difference between not being the only male in a girls life and playing a second fiddle to the girl and the other male in her life which is essentially the case with 3 girls here.

And I don't think that would be an issue on it's own but it comes down to the MC who's getting fucked over by most people close to him and he's not even allowed to get angry. If players had more agency over how Mc feels when he gets treated like shit, and be able to call out people that treat him like that, there'd be way less complaining about everything because people would be able to vent through him and not here.
The MC is nothing but a punching bag for everyone except Mira.

Blernblern

Nov 19, 2018
The MC is nothing but a punching bag for everyone except Mira.
And Mira on the other hand seems so dramatic as a person that personally I wouldn't touch someone like her with a 5 meter pole. It would be extremely tiresome to date a person who needs constant propping up.

Cigzag

Feb 20, 2020

Fair point. I am definitely in agreement that we need more agency with how the MC reacts to situations where he's getting screwed, which is quite a fair bit.

Reactions: Mr Secret

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
And Mira on the other hand seems so dramatic as a person that personally I wouldn't touch someone like her with a 5 meter pole. It would be extremely tiresome to date a person who needs constant propping up.
Are you that lazy? I mean seriously. She needs less work that the others do. I'd rather work with her issues, than run myself to death, trying to win over others who are lost in someone else's ass. Now THAT is exhausting to me. I won't simp. And that's exactly what you have to do with someone who is making you second fiddle.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Yeah, but honestly who would want to date/pursue a girl which is completely obsessed with her ex, is preparing for a wedding, or is still very much hung up over her ex and can't get over it...and how does that end normaly ?

Penny is ok if u look just for some fun, alas i don't see how that could end in a happy relationship.

And a psychologist, which treats ur best friend, comes to ur house uninvited, get's handsy and is probably at the age of ur mother, would not be exactly high on my list either.

Blernblern

Nov 19, 2018
Are you that lazy? I mean seriously. She needs less work that the others do. I'd rather work with her issues, than run myself to death, trying to win over others who are lost in someone else's ass. Now THAT is exhausting to me. I won't simp. And that's exactly what you have to do with someone who is making you second fiddle.
I'll just say that her personality type hits quite close to home here and it's definitely not about being lazy. More on the lines of finding a different set of problems to fix . :LOL:

Anyway I made a point earlier that I'm enjoying the game despite the flawed personalities of the protagonists because it's well written and real people have flaws. I do agree that it would be nice to be able to tell a few of them to piss off. Mainly Naomi & Danielle for me.

Dhoulcmagus

Jun 16, 2020
I just finished the Danielle route, and I've enjoyed it more than my first one (Penny's). At least, this one makes much more sense. She's still bratty and pushy, and I'm not too fond of her tendency to "cheat" on Damon so easily (pent up as she must be, it makes her look untrustworthy for the MC), but her slip-up at the end of the chapter I think is perfectly justified (as is MC's reaction).

The competition some people are talking about is quite different in her case, as it's against her own feelings towards her current love interest, rather than a proper challenger (unless you want to take Kent into account, who barely seems to exist for her).

I do believe her relationship with the MC could've been a bit more established from the beginning, though. I wouldn't expect them to be best friends but, come on, not even having her phone number? I usually don't spend a lot of time with my BF's girlfriend alone, but at least I have her phone number (even if it was only to reach him when I can't do it with his number) and talk to her about things not only concerning my BF :rolleyes:

DIRTY FILTHY Animal

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 11, 2020
Anybody know yet if Naomis bitch friend can catch you cheating? Cause couple times when I was hooking up, they show a shot through the window like a voyeur spying or recording you cheating to show Naomi your not faithful, that’s the vibe I get anyway

Okyturi

Jun 8, 2020
Started game for Mira's boobs and smile (first picture on this thread is really good) but stayed for whole package. Really nice game. Kinda on par with some other top tier games on f95. Not sure if it cements its place (because there seems to be lots of good old/new games recently) but its great. Got a few questions though:

1) is there a way not to miss multiple scenes without some serious modding/more playthroughs? Kinda not a fan of doing back to back playthroughs of a game just to see a few extra scenes. So far I am missing just 1 scene in gallery (rose I think? because I went after Mira in studio conflict) but I am sure there will be more and more. Or this isnt a harem game at all and I will have to choose quite early on which girl (or maybe 2?) to go after?

2) everyone and their grandma suspected Damon is gay so no surprise here. But I wonder how they will spin why mom left. I would be almost shocked if explanation is good and not some random nonsense like "I had to do it for myself/us blabla". Well maybe author is more creative than me but I just cant think of a great explanation atm.

3) Ada is cool and all but its kinda obvious she still has feeling for Chris, and so does Chris. So can we just somehow get them together. A sacrifice worth making imo.

Deleted member 216358

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 24, 2017
Not a harem game ?? Disappointing
Without the harem tag it is difficult to make LI choices throughout the game. Currently, the MC can romance all of them with no consequences or others finding out about your other LIs. So it is difficult to know the path the author is going to take and how to proceed and not crash too many relationships in future releases.

If its not going to be a harem game, I would greatly prefer that authors give the player hard relationship choices throughout the game.

Grimstar

May 15, 2020
Feel like I'm the only one who actually enjoyed Sarah's introduction.
She isn't clingly like Mira, doesn't have baggage like Danielle, Ada or Rose.
She has one of the best models in the game.
She's willing to share you.
You can tell she's a freak in the sheets.
And she just seems fun overall.
Only thing that would ruin her is if you found out the football team ran a train on her.

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
Feel like I'm the only one who actually enjoyed Sarah's introduction.
I didn't dislike it. She seems pretty chill, and her exhibitionism comes across more like she's just comfortable in her own skin and doesn't give a fuck what other people think rather than her being slutty or skanky. She seems like she'd be a cool girl to hang with.

That being said, I think she's hurt by being introduced in a scene with both Sienna and Erica (diluting the focus on all three of them), which eventually devolves into Damon being Damon and the whole Danielle fiasco. It's not so much that people don't like Sarah as much as they're distracted by so many other things (for instance, I mostly focused on Sienna in that scene because it felt like she needed the ego boost of getting picked).

Without the harem tag it is difficult to make LI choices throughout the game. Currently, the MC can romance all of them with no consequences or others finding out about your other LIs. So it is difficult to know the path the author is going to take and how to proceed and not crash too many relationships in future releases.
I feel like the only question that really needs to be asked in any non-harem game where you can pursue multiple LIs over the course of the game is, "Will I have a chance to choose/break up with the others and focus on a single LI for the endgame, or am I going to be punished for cheating by having them all turn against me?"

Because some devs want the player to be able to sort of pick-and-choose to decide which LI they like best, and thus encourage "playing the field". But other devs are going for a more serious or realistic story and will actively punish you for being with multiple LIs at once. It's kind of nice to know in advance which sort of game you're playing, so you can appreciate it appropriately.

4.40 star(s) 71 Votes