4.40 star(s) 70 Votes

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
The only girl who actually wants the MC is Mira. She's a simp for the MC. Plus, she was a virgin, until the MC. Naomi might want the MC, but, there's some bad history there. The MC was a piece of shit to her for years. She deserves better. I, for one, restarted the game for Mira. Why? Because I refuse to be second choice. The stand by. The 'just in case'. First choice or no choice.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Based on how she's behaving, at this point I'm half-convinced she's been repeatedly abandoned because she's the one that keeps pushing people away until they eventually give up on her. It would be consistent with a lot of the evidence.

Which I suppose is kind of poetically appropriate, considering my version of the MC has also given up on her at this point.
So a child, then an adolescent, then a teenage girl, who has lost everything and everyone has a hard time assimilating into a family (assuming the most supportive chain of foster parents) and you think that your assumptions with regard to her behavior justifies all but the last set tossing her aside because of their difficulties dealing with her? Okay then.

The reality of fostering it that far too many are in it for the payoff. There are good, even amazing foster parents in the system, but it's a bell curve.

I used the term damaged when referring to her ability to relate to people who attempt to get close to her for a reason. It's not that she's willful, she's broken. Yes, without question, she's responsible for her behavior. Consider, maybe she's doing the best she can and needs, and maybe even wants, help to do better. Maybe yes. Maybe no. But until we learn more, maybe she deserves the benefit of the doubt.

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
The only girl who actually wants the MC is Mira. She's a simp for the MC. Plus, she was a virgin, until the MC.
There's a case to be made that Mira really doesn't want the MC either, as much as she's repeating the exact same mistakes Naomi did.

She's chronically shy and insecure, has (in her own words) moved multiple times (making it hard to have friends), and seems desperate for love. As presented, she's not really in love with the MC at all - she's in love with the idea of being in love with the MC. Other than Damon, MC is apparently the first guy who's ever really shown interest in her, and unlike Damon (who pretty much ditched her after he'd passed her off to the MC) he's continued to show interest and generally be supportive (assuming you're following her romance path).

You're basically fulfilling the traditional childhood fantasy of a prince coming along to rescue the tragic girl from her sad life. Her self-esteem is in the toilet, and the fact that anyone would show interest in her at all is probably more than enough to trigger obsessive affection vibes. If some other guy had come along and complimented her painting first, there's a good chance she would have wound up head over heels in love with him instead - there's nothing inherent in the MC himself that she's actually fallen in love with (and honestly, what does she even really know about him at this point, other than the fact that he's hung up on his ex and he keeps being nice to her?). He's convenient, and comfortable.

Which might sound like enough for a solid relationship, but really, it's just another form of co-dependency. And it's probably going to go bad fast if/when they eventually have a fight about something, or she grows up a little and realizes how little they have in common, or she catches him with multiple other woman and starts to question whether or not he ever really cared at all, or if he was just playing her (at which point, she's probably going to regret giving up her virginity so easily/quickly).

And if some guy comes along who is equally attentive and affectionate but who also shares some actual interests with her, it's entirely possible she may find herself redirecting her "love" elsewhere. An MC in a relationship with Mira better hope she never meets a friendly cute dude in one of her art classes.

So a child, then an adolescent, then a teenage girl, who has lost everything and everyone has a hard time assimilating into a family (assuming the most supportive chain of foster parents) and you think that your assumptions with regard to her behavior justifies all but the last set tossing her aside because of their difficulties dealing with her?
Yes. Because she's no longer a child at this point, and there eventually comes a time when you have to start taking responsibility for your own actions no matter how terrible or broken your childhood might have been. Understanding WHY someone is broken doesn't really change the fact that they ARE broken, or that they may be the root cause of many of their own problems because they're broken.

To quote from an old and very, very good story:

"There is always a reason. Whenever anything has been mucked up, whenever anything outrageous happens, there is a reason for it. You still have a mucked-up, outrageous situation on your hands, however, and explaining it does not alleviate it one bit. If someone does something really rotten, there is a reason for it. Learn it, if you care, and you learn why he is a son of a bitch. The fact is the thing that remains, though."

We have literally no idea what her prior families were like or why they eventually let her go. We have nothing but her own perspective on things (which may be radically wrong and somewhat self-serving). But what we have seen is that in the precisely two situations where she's arguably been "abandoned" in recent memory, she's been complicit in what happened herself. It's not a case of her simply being tossed away no matter how hard she tries to hold on, she's either passively allowing it or actively pushing away herself. Yes, that may have evolved as a defense mechanism against being hurt, but when your strategy for coping is to push people away before they can abandon you, you start turning abandonment into a self-fulfilling prophecy. Even the most understanding of people are going to stop reaching out to you if you keep slapping their hands away.

But ultimately, we're talking about a fictional character who doesn't actually HAVE a backstory, and who exists solely to further a plot, so there's only so far we can take this discussion anyway, because there's really no prior history we can point to outside of how she's presented in-game to justify or dismiss anything she does. So at the end of the day it's always going to be a question of perspective.

Reactions: bosp

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
There's a case to be made that Mira really doesn't want the MC either, as much as she's repeating the exact same mistakes Naomi did.

She's chronically shy and insecure, has (in her own words) moved multiple times (making it hard to have friends), and seems desperate for love. As presented, she's not really in love with the MC at all - she's in love with the idea of being in love with the MC. Other than Damon, MC is apparently the first guy who's ever really shown interest in her, and unlike Damon (who pretty much ditched her after he'd passed her off to the MC) he's continued to show interest and generally be supportive (assuming you're following her romance path).

You're basically fulfilling the traditional childhood fantasy of a prince coming along to rescue the tragic girl from her sad life. Her self-esteem is in the toilet, and the fact that anyone would show interest in her at all is probably more than enough to trigger obsessive affection vibes. If some other guy had come along and complimented her painting first, there's a good chance she would have wound up head over heels in love with him instead - there's nothing inherent in the MC himself that she's actually fallen in love with (and honestly, what does she even really know about him at this point, other than the fact that he's hung up on his ex and he keeps being nice to her?). He's convenient, and comfortable.

Which might sound like enough for a solid relationship, but really, it's just another form of co-dependency. And it's probably going to go bad fast if/when they eventually have a fight about something, or she grows up a little and realizes how little they have in common, or she catches him with multiple other woman and starts to question whether or not he ever really cared at all, or if he was just playing her (at which point, she's probably going to regret giving up her virginity so easily/quickly).

And if some guy comes along who is equally attentive and affectionate but who also shares some actual interests with her, it's entirely possible she may find herself redirecting her "love" elsewhere. An MC in a relationship with Mira better hope she never meets a friendly cute dude in one of her art classes.
I'm just going to say it. That's a load of manure. Thing is, she knows more about the MC than even the MC knows about himself. Why? Because Damon can't keep his big trap shut. Except with the MC. The fucker knows a lot about why the mother left. The MC is supposed to be his best friend, but, he hides everything. Let's not even talk about the lies he's told to the MC. Erica spilled the beans about that and yet, the MC doesn't confront him about it? C'mon now. You and I both know that if that was real life, we'd be confronting him. Then, top it all off with how Damon sends the MC into losing battles every single time. It doesn't matter what the MC does, Damon isn't happy with the results. Damon needs to grow up, and handle his own bullshit. But, back to Mira. She knows more than she should and through Damon's words about the MC, she fell in love with him. Why? I have no fucking clue. But, she did. So, that argument you just offered, is invalid.

Blizzard99

Feb 11, 2021
I feel Sienna should be an LI. She genuiappreciates the fact that MC chose her for volleyball and they have an easy chemistry between them, right from the start. As long as she isn’t in a relationship, she’s a better choice than all the other LIs.

I have to admit that I’m not a fan of any of the LIs, so far. MC is supposed to be a bad boy. All I see is a naïve, delusional, wimpy Knight in Shining Armor. Upto now, MC either has to go out of his ways to help the LIs even before meeting them (Ada and Mira) or the LIs are screwing him cus they can’t get the man of their dreams (Danielle and Rose). Penny changes from a caring teacher to a depraved woman who wants MC’s young dick in the flip of a switch (which felt strange). Naomi is the best girl in the group, but I’m not a fan of stories where MC gets back with his ex.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
I feel Sienna should be an LI. She genuiappreciates the fact that MC chose her for volleyball and they have an easy chemistry between them, right from the start. As long as she isn’t in a relationship, she’s a better choice than all the other LIs.

I have to admit that I’m not a fan of any of the LIs, so far. MC is supposed to be a bad boy. All I see is a naïve, delusional, wimpy Knight in Shining Armor. Upto now, MC either has to go out of his ways to help the LIs even before meeting them (Ada and Mira) or the LIs are screwing him cus they can’t get the man of their dreams (Danielle and Rose). Penny changes from a caring teacher to a depraved woman who wants MC’s young dick in the flip of a switch (which felt strange). Naomi is the best girl in the group, but I’m not a fan of stories where MC gets back with his ex.
I chose Erika. She's much better than all the ones that were at the pool party.

SteelyDan14

Formerly Known as GeekBone
Modder
Donor
Jan 13, 2018
I am not sure how I missed this game but I am glad I finally found it.

It's interesting reading some of the comments as I had a lot of the same thoughts.
  • Danielle is just a waste. I wanted nothing to do with her or her plan and I was dissapointed when I had to have the MC tell Damon it was not all Danielle's fault. It sure the hell was her fault.
  • Damon is nice and all, but he should have just manned up and told Danielle he was no longer interested in her. He used the election as the excuse not to hurt her but it turns out that was not really an issue. He was just a freaking coward and stuck his friend with it.
  • How good a friend can Damon really be when his BF doesn't know he's gay? If the MC was that good of a friend, I doubt it would have been a problem for him to know.
  • Miri.... sigh... she's just a loser with zero self confidence. Having to constantly prop her up and comfort her is exhausting.
  • Ada is still in love with Chris. The MC is just a replacement as she tries to get him into the same things Chris was into.
  • Penny is hot, but not sure what her motivation is.
  • Alexandra... what kind of psychologist shows up to a friend of a patients house and starts sharing their patients private session information? And starts touching the MC? I was so confused when the option to kiss her pops up. Where the heck did THAT come from?
  • Naomi is, first of all, not all that attractive and the two of them seem to have a kind of shallow relationship. Plus, she has serious abandonment issues.
  • Rose... she is great and there is something special there, but ffs you have to get past all the anger and resentment she has. She's also in love with Chris.
Lol... after typing this all out, I realized I don't really like ANY of the LIs, so why the heck do I like this game so much. Lol.

I also don't understand why his mom left. She cares more about a patient then her own son? She didn't leave a note? How about an email. Hey... maybe a text message! Oh wait! A phone call could work too? No explanation? At all?

Haha! Maybe I need to re-think about my feelings towards this game. Lol! In the meantime, I am looking forward to the next update!

Jul 4, 2018
screenshot0001.png tell me why I expected him to bust out with " I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you. I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you."

Blernblern

Nov 19, 2018
Lol... after typing this all out, I realized I don't really like ANY of the LIs, so why the heck do I like this game so much. Lol.
Because it's well written and manages to at least make me suspend my disbelief. The traditional women fawning over the MC trope is being twisted here so while you have women fawning over you, it's not so perfect that it's completely unbelievable.

Last edited:

bobdickgus

Apr 9, 2020
MC is supposed to be a bad boy. All I see is a naïve, delusional, wimpy Knight in Shining Armor. Upto now, MC either has to go out of his ways to help the LIs even before meeting them (Ada and Mira) or the LIs are screwing him cus they can’t get the man of their dreams (Danielle and Rose). Penny changes from a caring teacher to a depraved woman who wants MC’s young dick in the flip of a switch (which felt strange). Naomi is the best girl in the group, but I’m not a fan of stories where MC gets back with his ex.
MC is worthless and should die, no agency at all, fuck that simp!
Only if he could tell people to fuck off like a man then he might be worth allowing to live else just a useless cuck and fuck him let him die horribly in a fire. If he has to put up with this shit sandwich for the story then it is a shit story. Got me going and then fucked me. I recommend playing a actual really good games like now and then, sorcerer or once in a lifetime.
I am heavily drinking with my wife because we can't go to Thailand right now so I may be a little irrational but I am really disappointed.

dremland

Jul 25, 2018
A Three Rules of Life [v0.4.0] [Compressed]

Original Size Win/Linux: 3.89 GB

Compressed Size Win/Linux: 510 MB: MEGA -
Compressed Size Mac: 493 MB: MEGA -

If you want to create a MEGA Account use this link: Mega

Compressing process reduces image/audio/video quality and can break the game, be aware of that.

You can find all of my Walkthrough Mods content here:

Or you can:
link not found

Mr Secret

Dec 18, 2019
Disappointed but really not surprised with how the Danielle route went, fucking sucks as right before blowing his load she had to be her usual self and fuck up the situation. Hopefully in the next update when she tries to talk to the MC we have the option to tell her to fuck off.

Also did anyone else notice when Damon called the MC about Alexandria being okay there was a short haired blonde who was walking up to the car? I swear to God if that turns out to be the Mum (which I think is likely) there better be an option to tell them both to piss off, got a huge feeling she left because of a lesbian affair since some people also brought that up a few pages ago.

xinkala

Bonk
Game Developer
Nov 26, 2020
Disappointed but really not surprised with how the Danielle route went, fucking sucks as right before blowing his load she had to be her usual self and fuck up the situation. Hopefully in the next update when she tries to talk to the MC we have the option to tell her to fuck off.

Also did anyone else notice when Damon called the MC about Alexandria being okay there was a short haired blonde who was walking up to the car? I swear to God if that turns out to be the Mum (which I think is likely) there better be an option to tell them both to piss off, got a huge feeling she left because of a lesbian affair since some people also brought that up a few pages ago.
ohh fucking hell! im thinking the same thing. It will be so irritating if we don't get a choose

NoI'mDirtyDan

Oct 14, 2017
People complaining about Danielle, it's like what did you expect. Her to immediately be in love with the MC. Everything she's been doing was to get Damon back her feelings aren't just gonna go away because she fucked MC. Thankfully it shows her trying to move away from him, she even threw the picture of her and Damon in the trash. At least we don't have to deal with another man as a threat like Ada players, Damon won't be looking for Danielle anytime soon.

4.40 star(s) 70 Votes