Korpharon

Jun 9, 2017
I thought this was going to be another shoddy unity/unreal demo of a sex gallery involving a 3D model but you actually have a decent amount of substance of mechanics and story to this to make up for the rough edges. There are some grammatical mistakes and such but I'm assuming you guys have english as a second language. Either way, well done so far and keep it up!

Absent.Dogma

Watching
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2019
Korpharon
Thank you for your commentary. You're right, I'm not a native English speaker and work alone. If you could give me any language remarks in PM (something that caught your eye) I'd be thankful.

Reactions: Korpharon

Fuzzcat

Oct 27, 2017
Ok, I will probably sound rash, rude or douchey.
It is not my intention (just a warning ahead, for sensitive souls -those that can't take constructive critic-)

I fucking love the atmosphere.
The weird characters, the bad english actually adds to the the general weird vibe (though, aside of specific dialogs, it makes things hard to understand.)
Graphically, it has that eerie feeling of PS1 games, were you didn't really know what would happen, and the 3D models were so misshappen that they actually worked creeping you out (the MC is okay, I mean the other characters, with their weird features).
While personally I'm not a fan of gore (or guro), the environment and thematic does seems appealing and interesting.

But the moment the game started, and the character started walking s-l-l-o-o-o-o-w-w-w, my interest started to get s-l-o-w-e-d too.

Warning: wall text about my playthru experience:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I liked almost everything, but the slow motion of the character just killed my mood.
I had zero problems with loading, or looking around, or animations, it was the MC itself.

Aside of making the character move at normal speed, maybe a skip button on dialogs (so they don't pop off automatically) could help.
Also, the upper-right sort-of-arrow is confusing... I was looking that way when it said "go to the church" when it was actually the other way. Just make the current objective to appear there, instead of a pointing arrow.
Everything else is actually great.

Absent.Dogma

Watching
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2019
Fuzzcat
Very interesting review!
Sometimes people get frustrated with things that weren't supposed to be the way they see it. I must admit that sometimes I also want something goes faster in other games.

This game shows that it has some demand for it, although less than for some other projects, but this doesn't mean that it should be like any other project. Slow, sometimes even boring games can reveal themselves in a completely different way, if you feel the story, give it a chance. Here the paradox of 2D and 3D games opens up, when for the first ones (on the RenPy or RPG maker engine) it is quite fair to make continuous plot tie, to the 3D's it's stigmatized in nsfw genre.

I decided to reconsider this idea. It is for the viewer to judge how successful this decision is. I just wanted to show a product that wouldn't be similar at least in its storytelling to others. Maybe you'll play it someday again, try to use save or so. Thank you for playing anyway.

Fuzzcat

Oct 27, 2017
Absent.Dogma

Ah, don't get me wrong
(the "sensitive souls" comment wasn't aimed to you, it was towards players that usually insult whoever makes a critic of something they like, a trend I'm seeing happening often lately.)

I actually liked pretty much everything, from concept to graphics.
I absolutely agree that " Slow, sometimes even boring games can reveal themselves in a completely different way". I'm not a kid, I grew up with "slow sometimes boring" DOS games, the type of "investigate and talk with everything" RPGs (loved a series of Lovecraft DOS games).
Then I loved the early PS games, which looked very much like your game.
So, basically:
I love slow-talk-n-look games, love eerie-creepy-horror stuff, and this coupled with sex it's a win in my book.

My problem is the slow-camera movement of the character itself, not the slow pace of the plot.
If the MC had a more "normal" movement, I would have explored as much as possible of the map, even if there isn't really nothing plot-wise to see, it would add to the atmosphere (example: I actually tried to climb the ladder, thinking that was the way "up the hill" lol).
Looking around the first little forest builds tension, and then finding the other guys on the other little forest. Seeing all the little details around, starting with the Hunchback, then the creepy clearings, the blood writing, etc etc.
But, with the character crawling around, I had the exact opposite feeling: "I'm NOT walking over there at this pace", "I'm NOT going to look at that" etc etc.

I think I understand what you wanted to achieve.
It kinda works like one of those "slow movement" dreams, weird and awkward, more like a nightmare, and it works for the setting.

But it is too much. I actually stand and walked at the game's speed, and it doesn't makes sense.
And, it makes some things confusing; the MC can't even keep up the pace of the Hunchback, and he's already talking (and we have a view) about something we haven't reached yet.

Maybe I could explain it better with a comic book example (I'm a professional artist), but I would need another wall-text lol

In any case, it's up to you, of course.
And thanks to you for actually reading and replaying. Respect! *nod*

TophatLovingDruid

Jun 11, 2017
I really like this game. As a fan of this sort of creepy "get under your skin" horror, this is right up my street. I didn't find the language to be too much of an issue, if anything it added to the disjointed (if that's the right word) nature of the narrative. I also like the discovery side of the game, like how if you don't go to the graveyard at the start you can't ask about it later. overall I was very pleasantly surprised by this game. Please keep up the good work.

almostideal

May 12, 2020
I've played a bit and I'm getting a Pathologic vibe from the game, although it's a bit more obtuse and not as user friendly.

Absent.Dogma

Watching
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2019
Well, it's kinda nice in its own way, but I have to ask a question here. Is there any chance we ever get linux version?
Well, since we have come this far, one day it would be worth to consider testing the game on the Linux and iOS platforms. If you really want to try this game try to run it from a virtual win x64 machine so far. It's pretty stable in it.
You've probably tried it already, but this is the only option so far. Flattered by your interest in the game!

• Thinking Face
Reactions: supernova874
3.10 star(s) 46 Votes