The Krypt Angel

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2019
Thanks all, for your thoughts and discussion about Dana/tutoring/etc. It's given me a lot to work with.

Here's the way I see it:

Grinding tutoring has never been my intention for the game. Zeus even tells you he doesn't want you to waste your time on having a job. But, I can totally see how - with the current lack of other content - it seems like that's all there is to do.

Tutoring, in my intention, fills two roles:

First - in keeping with the theme of perspective shifting in the game - tutoring fits the early cash niche, to be followed (and surpassed) by the tithes from girls you've enthralled, which itself will be followed (and surpassed) by business income from properties you've bought/built.

Second, it's a time sink for the completionists to "unlock" an additional 3+ girls.

So the intention (which I may not have implemented correctly at the moment) is for players to do a bit of tutoring early on in the game to earn some money, then maybe return once a day to eventually unlock Dana and some extra "schoolgirl" type characters.

I'll definitely look into a different scoring system so that one can't get too far behind. Or maybe a "reset" quest to clear your stats and start from scratch. I'll also add a way for the player to know their progress.

In related matters: what are your thoughts on RPG elements in the game, similar to something like Summertime Saga? I had initially planned for something like that (there's even code in the current game that would facilitate that, but it's inactive) but I struggled with how to implement "leveling up" your stats.

For example, the trivia sections (like tutoring) could increase one's "intellect" stat, but how would one increase their "strength"? Or their "perception"? There would need to be some kind of minigame/puzzle/timesink elements to give meaning to increasing stats, but I'm at a loss as to what kind of gameplay to implement. Any thoughts you guys have would be appreciated!

And thanks again for all your comments and feedback!
Like other stated the rpg style stats are fine as long as they have a reason for existing. As far as minigames I personally fucking hate them so if you do go there an option to skip them would be nice :)

Reactions: BawdyBaron

dctfvygbhuni

Nov 8, 2019
This game reminds me of A Spell For All in a really good way. I think you could keep the length of some of the grindy parts by making 3 different levels of mind control. I would enjoy having level 1 being a good relationship with public displays of affection and the option to date for more sex, level 2 being completely in love and lust with the player doing more depraved things, and level 3 being a complete devotee to the Player as you have it now.

As for the RPG elements, I think this game shouldn't go to far into the summertime saga territory because that game is very grindy and requires a guide which are the only drawbacks in what is close to a perfect game. It might be better to change the time system to a day part system (i.e. morning, noon, night) without travel time to have better control of who you enthrall and when. You have a great setup with Zeus and his motivation, but the driving force of a story is conflict so maybe introduce an opponent to defeat. It could be anything but the usual trope would be Hades trying to stop the player character so Zeus dies and goes to the underworld, making Hades the new King of the pantheon. You could also introduce the rest of the pantheon this way and have some goddesses give the player new gifts or other benefits. Aphrodite would probably be a good ally for the player to have for example.

As the map gets bigger, a teleportation system is going to be necessary, otherwise it will become a chore to get anywhere. You could definitely do a stat system to increase rewards or open new options in quests, but I think the game would also be just fine without it as the Spell system can serve that function very easily. Really though the game is great and I only see it getting better.

p.s. I'd love to see some pregnancy and harem content added, it would literally be my favorite game if that happens!

Konz83

Feb 25, 2018
Instead of a family feud between Zeus and Hades I think is more appropriate a conflict with other ancient religions, the Egyptian pantheon, for instance

Whyllow

Apr 18, 2018
You have a great setup with Zeus and his motivation, but the driving force of a story is conflict so maybe introduce an opponent to defeat. It could be anything but the usual trope would be Hades trying to stop the player character so Zeus dies and goes to the underworld, making Hades the new King of the pantheon. You could also introduce the rest of the pantheon this way and have some goddesses give the player new gifts or other benefits. Aphrodite would probably be a good ally for the player to have for example.
Instead of a family feud between Zeus and Hades I think is more appropriate a conflict with other ancient religions, the Egyptian pantheon, for instance
Or, as somewhat indicated already when you try to enter the Chruch, go with "the new kids on the block", aka the monotheistic, Abrahamic religions. Apparently, they already REALLY dislike you in-game already anyway.

BawdyBaron

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2018
BawdyBaron

For future reference when all you are releasing is a bugfix and no new content use the same version number as the last release with a letter after it. Since this is just a bugfix with a slight feature adjustments and no content added this would be v0.0.2b instead of v0.0.3. It is much less confusing to most people and prevents people that don't read changelogs and/or have datacaps from complaining about there being nothing new and wasting data on it. Keep up the good work.
Yeah, I'll be using a modified version of Semantic Versioning (Major.Minor.Patch); the Major number will increase with big events and changes (like when I'm ready to call it "complete"), the Minor number when I've added significant content, the Patch number when it's just bug fixes or minor edits.

Technically v0.0.2 should have been v0.1.0 but, as v0.0.1 wasn't even available to the public, I felt that would be too much too soon.

In my game Dana's not appearing at work after I enthralled her and asked for a tithe.
I'll look into that today. Hopefully I can find the cause and issue a quick update soon. Thanks for letting me know!

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Two major criticisms.

1. When looking at "quests", there is no information on who the people are in the quests. This would be okay if in your phone you had that info. However people like Nila or whatever the N named one was, isn't in your phone, and a lot of the time when you talk with people even after finding out their name, they are still referred to by their job. Like Bartender.

2. Sizing of things, I am on 1920x1080. It is weird having the "spell bar" open and it covers half of an image. Similar for when you get phone texts and you have to scroll down with 2 different scroll bars.

Reactions: BawdyBaron and JayX

BawdyBaron

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2018
Two major criticisms.

1. When looking at "quests", there is no information on who the people are in the quests. This would be okay if in your phone you had that info. However people like Nila or whatever the N named one was, isn't in your phone, and a lot of the time when you talk with people even after finding out their name, they are still referred to by their job. Like Bartender.

2. Sizing of things, I am on 1920x1080. It is weird having the "spell bar" open and it covers half of an image. Similar for when you get phone texts and you have to scroll down with 2 different scroll bars.
Thanks for the feedback!

All of the important characters will be in the phone eventually, so that should cover knowing who's who. I'll look into adding links on the quest page to each girl's contacts page to make identification easier.

I've been looking into modifying the sizing/formatting of the game based on the player's resolution, but I'm pretty weak with CSS so it's been tricky. Hopefully some of those problems will be fixed soon.

Konz83

Feb 25, 2018
Ok, I'm gonna be "that guy": can you give us an ETA for next release, Baron?

Thank you very much for your time!

BawdyBaron

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2018
Ok, I'm gonna be "that guy": can you give us an ETA for next release, Baron?

Thank you very much for your time!
I'm aiming for a Patreon release next Monday (16 Dec) with the public release on Friday. No guarantees, but I think I'll have enough free time this week to get enough done for the release.

Reactions: Konz83

Thatguy

I exist.
Uploader
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Konz83 I am Thatguy and the release was delayed a week due to some unexpected free time to put more content into the update so instead of a smallish update, we are getting a bit more for just a little more patience.

BawdyBaron

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2018
Update: Thunderous Business v0.1.0

Patch Notes:
  • Added Taylor as a "recruitable" character.
  • Added new sex scenes for Julie, Dana, and Ainsley.
  • Quests now link to their subject's respective Contacts page. (Thanks somebodynobody).
  • Added some new Contacts pages.
  • Players can now ask Dana how their tutoring is going, and even reset their progress.
  • Fixed a bug where players weren't getting mana from Sophia.
This update is mainly to introduce Taylor, the hostess at the Iero Hotel restaurant. Players will need to bump into her on her way to work a few times before she'll talk to them, but once they do she opens up a lot of new interactions (with her, and others).

Otherwise, I've made a few "quality of life" improvements based on your suggestions. Thank you everyone who provided feedback; it's really appreciated!

I'm still working on a few more big improvements that have been suggested, so look forward to the next patch for: better formatting on different resolutions and devices, less grindy tutoring, and (potentially) an introduction to the game's first BBEG.

If you like the game and want to see more progress consider supporting me on . Every bit helps!

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Update: Thunderous Business v0.1.0

Patch Notes:
  • Added Taylor as a "recruitable" character.
  • Added new sex scenes for Julie, Dana, and Ainsley.
  • Quests now link to their subject's respective Contacts page. (Thanks somebodynobody).
  • Added some new Contacts pages.
  • Players can now ask Dana how their tutoring is going, and even reset their progress.
  • Fixed a bug where players weren't getting mana from Sophia.
This update is mainly to introduce Taylor, the hostess at the Iero Hotel restaurant. Players will need to bump into her on her way to work a few times before she'll talk to them, but once they do she opens up a lot of new interactions (with her, and others).

Otherwise, I've made a few "quality of life" improvements based on your suggestions. Thank you everyone who provided feedback; it's really appreciated!

I'm still working on a few more big improvements that have been suggested, so look forward to the next patch for: better formatting on different resolutions and devices, less grindy tutoring, and (potentially) an introduction to the game's first BBEG.

If you like the game and want to see more progress consider supporting me on . Every bit helps!
Just so you know, requesting an update thread of your own thread isn't really what it is used for. Mainly they are used to ask for things that others can't get.

What you should do is make your updated post, at the end of the thread, or fix up the opening post, then click the report button on that post, and type in the box it has the latest update.

exter

May 29, 2017
the quest after gaining the 3rd follower is quite annoying. the log only say's:
"Look for the mysterious individual. He's likely to be near shopping, sports, or graveyards."

but going back and forth between the places everyday, without any info on the time or atleast the day is just really boring and, in my eyes, bad game design.

maybe pick a time slot the player knows about or let the person always be at one spot but give the player a puzzle or something to figure out the right place. either way would make it less frustrating imo.

also, how to advance with the bartender after you met the girl from the hair saloon? i think ive been there every day now and i cant find those patrons the quest is talking about.

ps.: besides the obvious lack of content so far, i think the game has potential to be really good. and i would wish for an option to wait at my current position or just out on the streets for certain intervalls (10, 30 or 60min for example)

Last edited:

The 1★ Dude

Jun 26, 2018
Just so you know, requesting an update thread of your own thread isn't really what it is used for. Mainly they are used to ask for things that others can't get.

What you should do is make your updated post, at the end of the thread, or fix up the opening post, then click the report button on that post, and type in the box it has the latest update.
He didnt opened the thread so he cannot edit the opening post -.- Thats the most worst thing here on f95.

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
He didnt opened the thread so he cannot edit the opening post -.- Thats the most worst thing here on f95.
He can request the thread to be given to him since he does put stuff here himself, but I did also mention to put it in the last post too and do the same thing.

BawdyBaron
Phone is still way too large, should try and make it so people don't have to scroll the screen if you can.

People Here gets hidden by spell list if it stays open.

I think the random sizing of the images hurts the game a bit, not allowing for space to be utilized well

Surmount realty office has a dead image.

Jesse in quest log is white name while the rest are blue link

Reactions: BawdyBaron
3.80 star(s) 4 Votes