BawdyBaron

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2018
Just to be clear, my main complaint isn't that it's empty feeling, it's the mechanics of how you meet people to start quests... like the earlier part of your response to someone else...

Are you expecting people to wander around aimlessly until they magically find these people by being in the right place at the right time?... or are you expecting them to ask and look it up on forums like this? ... either doesn't make for good gameplay.

It turns out that Jesse's stuff did eventually complete but nothing happens (not sure why it was telling me to keep interacting with her if it leads nowhere) ... and when I followed the bit above about Taylor then it changed Melissa's quest to go and find her (so I'm guessing all of the time tutoring her and doing yoga over and over and over again wasn't actually needed and the quest hint telling me to keep interacting with her was a red herring, unless is was very coincidental timing).
Thanks again for the feedback! As the only person working on the game, it's sometimes difficult to imagine how others are going to play it. Sometimes that leads to me creating things that seem perfectly obvious (because I know them) but they aren't. So I'll work at making some of these things more obvious, including working some quests in that "lead" the players to discovering other girls.

My intention, in general, is for players to "stumble upon" many (but not all) of the girls. As if wandering through a real city. One of the things I loved about A Spell for All was how you saw people all over town, going to work or otherwise going about their business, and eventually you might be able to mind control them.

That's what I mean when I say that Thunderous Business so far feels empty. I don't envision people just looking for a specific girl. I envision them enjoying the wandering around, finding a new girl, with a new thread to follow, until they get what they're after and move on to more wandering around. This all happening while an overall story plays out that may or may not involve any of the characters you have met up until that point.

So thanks again. I'll try to adjust my perspective such that it's more fun/easy to find girls and get started on their quests.

As for Jesse, sorry about the questlog leading you to a dead end. I'll be working on her more soon.

I'm at 9 followers. i'm getting melissa. who's the last one?
Have you met Patricia and Verity? How about Elena and Liv?

How do you rescue Melissa?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Also, what's up with Jesse?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
If you talked to Zeus first without items from Melissa's dorm room, he sends you to get them, and Hermes tells you to summon him at home. That might be what you're missing. So go to your bedroom and summon Hermes for the next stage of the quest.

Jesse isn't complete yet. I'll be working on her soon, but in the meantime I will change her questlog for future patches.

i think i'm stucked, i need to get melisa, but the quest log says complete other side quests, but all the side quest that are show to me are done
In that case you need to find more girls to get side quests for, the side quests don't appear until you meet the girl
Yep, travel around a find more girls. Check the hotel bar, the church graveyard, the park, etc. You'll find someone eventually.

this game have video or webm scenes?
This update added a few webm scenes for Elena. There will likely be more in future updates.

BawdyBaron

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2018
Update: Thunderous Business v0.2.3

Patch Notes:
  • Fixed a bug where Dana would refer to you by name even after enthralled. (Thanks chaosrevolver)
  • Increased tutoring funds once Dana is enthralled. (Thanks rossback, chaosrevolver, and others).
  • Fixed a bug that could get you locked in a tomb with no mana. (Thanks chaosrevolver)
  • Fixed a bug that messed up Elena's office sex scene. (Thanks chaosrevolver)
  • Fixed a bug that messed up Liv's office sex scene. (Thanks chaosrevolver)
  • Cleared up Jesse's questlog so that no one wastes more time than necessary on her. (Thanks longjohngold and skwerewolf)
Saved games from v0.2.0+ will work with this patch.

A special thank you to longjohngold on the gameplay discussion. Hopefully, in the future, there will be less aimless wandering!

Reactions: Henry73au and Reij

skwerewolf

Aug 4, 2017
If you talked to Zeus first without items from Melissa's dorm room, he sends you to get them, and Hermes tells you to summon him at home. That might be what you're missing. So go to your bedroom and summon Hermes for the next stage of the quest.

Jesse isn't complete yet. I'll be working on her soon, but in the meantime I will change her questlog for future patches.
Found the issue I had with Melissa, reporting to police wasn't working properly, maybe I was missing something that had to be done first... in the end I just cheated through console that police had been told and after that I could speak to Zeus about it.
My state with police before just cheating through it - I had all the info about Melissa, checked with her study group and library, but couldn't check the park when she did joga there (no option to do so). When I tried to talk with police about group or library, the conversation just cut off without any text.

Reactions: BawdyBaron

BawdyBaron

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2018
Found the issue I had with Melissa, reporting to police wasn't working properly, maybe I was missing something that had to be done first... in the end I just cheated through console that police had been told and after that I could speak to Zeus about it.
My state with police before just cheating through it - I had all the info about Melissa, checked with her study group and library, but couldn't check the park when she did joga there (no option to do so). When I tried to talk with police about group or library, the conversation just cut off without any text.
I'll spend some time looking over that section of the game to see if I can streamline it for future updates.

MrBlobby2

Jan 7, 2018
Stuck: 11 girls show up in quests, 10 say no more quests. Melissa needs to be rescued.
Done all of Verity and Patricia, and everything else too

MrBlobby2

Jan 7, 2018
So you're stuck rescuing Melissa? Have you talked to Zeus about it?
Yep. Needed to speak to him to get help with the flowers growing, but now when I see him, nothing new.
when I try to report the crime, I just get the 3 options of where I looked for her. Did all these, but still nothing.

BawdyBaron

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2018
Have you been told *where* she is? If not, check with Zeus again and ask for help finding someone.

MrBlobby2

Jan 7, 2018
Ok, so, seems I hadn’t started the Melina quest. That’s a bit tricky to start :)

ok, done all of that. Her quests are now complete. Still nothing from Zeus

Last edited:

BawdyBaron

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2018
Like I said, went to Zeus, got no other options other than Ask for Money which is greyed out.
Have you spoken with Melissa's study group? They will meet you at the Diner at the normal study group time. Once you meet with them, they will also go to the police, which will open up more options.

MrBlobby2

Jan 7, 2018
Yeah, something is odd here. I went to the café on Thursday evening and it actually says that Melissa and her friends are there and she waves at me.

Last edited:

BawdyBaron

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2018
Yeah, something is odd here. I went to the café on Thursday evening and it actually says that Melissa and her friends are there and she waves at me.
Very odd. When Melissa is kidnapped, it blocks her from being at the Diner. The study group is reenabled when you talk to Melissa in your bedroom after her rescue. Unless something is *very* wrong, she can't be kidnapped and at the study group.

Maybe send me your save file and I'll take a look, try to figure out what went wrong.

MrBlobby2

Jan 7, 2018
Very odd. When Melissa is kidnapped, it blocks her from being at the Diner. The study group is reenabled when you talk to Melissa in your bedroom after her rescue. Unless something is *very* wrong, she can't be kidnapped and at the study group.

Maybe send me your save file and I'll take a look, try to figure out what went wrong.
sent :)

3.80 star(s) 4 Votes