Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Time For Dragons - Defiler Wings: Deranged Dragon Mod [29-07-2020] [Jman]

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
What is even your setup? 52 actions, 137 mana, it's crazy.
Mod setup really. I broke the dragon alot.

P.S. It's pretty boring to dominate everything without a chance for retaliation. Even knights are just saying "I won't assault this lair" and thiefs are "How do i even get here?!" for ten years straight.
Your thief and knight keep getting bad rolls, or you move lairs alot. Or your infamy?

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I fought Titan+Ifrit+Yeti+Two beasts i can't remember (maybe, gargoyles? I forgot)

It's pretty boring to dominate everything without a chance for retaliation.
If you're so dominant, you'll probably want to play on a harder difficulty to slow down the gravy train.

Also, i scavenged game files and found, well... Rather interesting arts with some elves, such as "Meridia"
This has been planned content for... two?... months now. You want them faster, you write the scenes for them. :p

It's just such a perfectly autistic mess I love it
That's what modding is all about. :sneaky: ... :whistle: ... :alien:

Lumpus

Nov 8, 2018
If you're so dominant, you'll probably want to play on a harder difficulty to slow down the gravy train.
Well, there is no option to change difficulty midgame, so i'll just see what game has to offer and then try to do it on harder setting.
However, i see no reason for dragon's enemies to throw some meatshield on him and his minions on like, level 20 of mobilization. It's so boring to kill them over and over. If there would be a way to set the cap of mobilisation even higher... Five of titans will be something even my setup would have problems with!

P.S. There is russian mod this mod is based on. That mod had some fighting features such as attack cards, and, on old versions, even battle map with ranged-melee mechanics and other wonderful things. Check it out if you didn't, if you use it well, your mod will suddenly become five times cooler! If you look to the original game, then you will see that dragon, back then, had a way to strenghten himself by using mana on spells (as example, a spell to fly, or a spell to give him ice breath, or a spell to get him phantom head which acts as a shield in case of a deadly blow), if you look at the mod before the mod you used as a source material, you'll see the first iteration of rape system with tortures, and at this system you needed to also spend mana to change your size. Also, in the classic game and the first mod, before actual fight system, you wouldn't lose ANY ACTION POINTS if enemy is surrendering thanks to your fear aura (and that's the very thing that made fear cool in the first place. You don't waste your action points and time on killing meatshield, they die/surrender automatically.

Last edited:

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
Spell to fly and swim are automatically done when your mana is available and usable.

Elemental attacks are available using the right heads. The damage system is such that the highest damage type is used. So if an enemy has phy resist and you have a fire head, fire damage will be used if enemy has no fire resist.

There is a spell to reduce incoming damage.

There is a separate torture option for captives back in the lair. There is also a torture option when starting the sex scene on fresh captives outside the lair. Several elemental tortures are available with a heal option too.

If your fear is high enough, some mobs in battle will give up and be defeated or take no action. This is random. Some enemy are resistant/immune to fear, like titans.

The base game is russian, with a runglish option. Theres another mod before this one, then this.

Lumpus

Nov 8, 2018
Spell to fly and swim are automatically done when your mana is available and usable.

Elemental attacks are available using the right heads. The damage system is such that the highest damage type is used. So if an enemy has phy resist and you have a fire head, fire damage will be used if enemy has no fire resist.

There is a spell to reduce incoming damage.

There is a separate torture option for captives back in the lair. There is also a torture option when starting the sex scene on fresh captives outside the lair. Several elemental tortures are available with a heal option too.

If your fear is high enough, some mobs in battle will give up and be defeated or take no action. This is random. Some enemy are resistant/immune to fear, like titans.

The base game is russian, with a runglish option. Theres another mod before this one, then this.
There is a spell only to reduce physical damage.
There is no way to heal your victims.
Even when mobs are defeated by the fear, they still consume energy.
That's the point of magic, that you can use things you can't (dig without dig heads or paws and other things like this)

Lumpus

Nov 8, 2018
Also, i got all types of rooms, but game says that i don't have all types of rooms in the lair. That's strange!
(Got all mana crystals, all types of traps, all rooms (cages, sacrificial posts, pits, farms and workshop)

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
Hatchery - green forest fire frozen stone
traps - frozen explosive spike tentacle arrow
workshop
cage
breeding pit
milk farm
altar
guard post - may have to stick a minion into each post

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Almost complete lair list.... whats the alvish patrol btw? surely thats not a lair?
This is not a 'lairs list'. It's just a shortcut list mainly populated by lairs. 'Alvish Patrol' is where you torture the path to the Enchanted Forest out of a Ranger.

Well, there is no option to change difficulty midgame, so i'll just see what game has to offer and then try to do it on harder setting.
You can reset it manually, but it won't really give you the complete experience, since progress is much harder on higher difficulties and you won't develop as much power as quickly.

Five of titans will be something even my setup would have problems with!
Five titans are theoretically possible as a high-level patrol in the mountains. It's rather unlikely to happen, though (~1% or so).

Have you tried breaking into the royal palace when the city is on alert? Sacked the dwarves and elves 4+ times? These are probably some of the hardest fights in the game.

There is russian mod this mod is based on. That mod had some fighting features such as attack cards, and, on old versions, even battle map with ranged-melee mechanics...
I'm not aware of another mod to TfD. I know Eliont played around with various ideas, but the attack cards essentially became minions after a while, and he tacked on the three spells we have now as a bonus. The battle map I didn't know about, but I don't see anything remaining of this in the code, either.

Honestly, ATM this looks way too much work for little benefit. The current system is already pretty complex and the wow factor might wear off fast.

If you look to the original game, then you will see that dragon, back then, had a way to strenghten himself by using mana on spells (as example, a spell to fly, or a spell to give him ice breath, or a spell to get him phantom head which acts as a shield in case of a deadly blow)
Yeah, I've though about bringing back the magic system, but that would basically mean writing one from scratch. I'm a modder, I'm not a dev. I want to play the game sometime, too. :rolleyes:

Flight and swimming are in, sort of. The 'spell to impregnate' and 'spell to change size' have been replaced with 'mana requirement to impregnate' and the virility evolutions. Ice breath is also under the evolution system now, I'm not too keen on diluting that with spells that do the same thing.

Phantom heads are replaced with witch rituals and magic meat.

you wouldn't lose ANY ACTION POINTS if enemy is surrendering thanks to your fear aura (and that's the very thing that made fear cool in the first place.
And made fear OP, IMO. Fear can still kill mooks faster and with less damage taken, and at least minions have some trouble healing heavy damage. And fear got all the tribute options, the ability to suppress girl-eating goblins, better torture. I'm not sure how to improve it further, but undercutting another mechanic isn't the way to do it.

There is a spell only to reduce physical damage.
This function has again been given to the evolutions. Having an extra layer on top would really mess things up balancewise.

There is no way to heal your victims.
Milk. Works on both minions and captives. It'll take a lot to heal serious wounds, though.

Even when mobs are defeated by the fear, they still consume energy.
Uh, even if I had known about that effect, I still would not have broken the stamina/action system that way. Makes no sense other than 'I can do that!', IMO.

That's the point of magic, that you can use things you can't
Yes, but I'm not terribly interested in having two systems in the game that would largely just duplicate each other. Currently, the few spells we have do not overlap with evolutions too much.

Also, i got all types of rooms, but game says that i don't have all types of rooms in the lair.

(Got all mana crystals, all types of traps, all rooms (cages, sacrificial posts, pits, farms and workshop)
Weird. Are you sure you also have some basic pit traps? Otherwise, try the console and tell me what 'pride.pride_building_types_acquired' and 'len(selfpride.pride_building_types_acquired)' say.

Last edited:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Looks like I missed adding the upgrades. :oops: Use the attachment and see if it works now.

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
Nope didnt work;

1606558139598.png

ahh need to build new ones, will not count existing;

1606558256325.png

So I have no Idea how I managed to pass that quest.

btw max mobilize is 100 too?

Last edited:
3.50 star(s) 8 Votes