• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Time For Dragons - Defiler Wings: Deranged Dragon Mod [29-07-2020] [Jman]

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes

flamewolf393

Nov 13, 2020
Tell me how it goes. There's very little balancing in that part of the game.

I think you're having rage problems again. :p
The rainbow head helped a lot, but not enough. With 22-28 attack at 60% magic, I was killing the guys pretty well, but they were killing me even faster cause I still only had 140hp. In a party of 2 homunculi, a wyvern, and a basilisk for cannon fodder, against a party of 5 projections, I killed 2 projections, and had the rest below half. However I reloaded until I had only a party of 3 projections, and was able to beat that with no casualties, unlocking an area and giving me just that little more time (by the way Im at -666 seals right now), then with serious save scumming so I never fought more than 3 enemies at once, I cleared 3 more areas that turn before using the rest of the turn to get food. Then while I slept for a month and a half to work on another rainbow head, they took back over 3 of the 4 areas, then using more save scumming for small fights (and this time with a damage enchantment from the witch) I took back 4 areas again. Finished my second rainbow head for 80% magic.

So it looks like with 3+ magic heads, plenty of cannon fodder, and a lot of save scumming, an upper mid game dragon can in fact keep the demon hordes beaten back enough to make slow progress.

Its not rage problems, its literally part of the cutscene panels, the thief wakes me up by being clumsy and dragon says "Oh good I was wondering when my next meal was" and eats her.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Bought one and its at 1080.
Apparently I've snuck that change in somehow, then. :sneaky:

take your time with the release
No worries, I don't think there will be a proper release before the end of December or so.

So it looks like with 3+ magic heads, plenty of cannon fodder, and a lot of save scumming, an upper mid game dragon can in fact keep the demon hordes beaten back enough to make slow progress.
Hmm, I'm tempted to kill some of the savescumming. Can you share your dragon+party so I can test it against the new demons?

Its not rage problems ... dragon says "Oh good I was wondering when my next meal was" and eats her.
The dragon always says that about the meal, but only eats the thief if he fails a rage roll (1d5 < rage, so rage up to 1 is safe, rage 2 is 20% 'eat rate', etc). Otherwise, he makes a different 'meal' out of her. ;)

Envyi

Feb 12, 2019
I think the issue with the demon invasion and archimonde are the insane resistances to most dmg types. On my first playthrough i only had one black head for like 20%acid dmg which did a bit to the clones. Same on my second playthrough, even on easy i had to to morph multiple heads to deal ice dmg, to do anything about archimonde, so deraling with demons (atleast for the first playthrough) is quite luck based (having the correct heads/dmg types). Maybe reduce the resistances to max 50-60% (and 90-95 in 1-2dmg types), then it's more "optional" to go for the only working dmg type, not a requirement?
Edit: Plus i dont even know if there are any minions that even deal acid and ice dmg, so my 2angels, 1demon and succubus barely did anything useful, besides taking dmg for the dragon.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I think the issue with the demon invasion and archimonde are the insane resistances...
The demons are meant to be something you really don't want to have to fight. Otherwise, all playthroughs will go for the demon ending by default, and the seals mechanic becomes just flavour. Architot will be getting some extra resistance, actually, so even ice will do only half damage. :devilish: This is the Big Bad, the most difficult single fight in the game. The optional quest branch that leads to a certain character auto-ganking him will lose all value if you can just beat him with a few girls in tow.

Plus i dont even know if there are any minions that even deal acid and ice dmg
Basilisks do acid, and I'm giving it to Chimeras as well. Ice Wyrms have ice (duh), and Frostpaws will be getting some, too.

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
Mountain dwarf patrol fight. Never happened until now. Could not even start fighting.

Last edited:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
It's some sort of Ren'Py graphics caching error. I've seen it before, but I don't really know what causes it. You can use the attached file (which goes into the 'renpy/display' directory) to try to avoid this particular reason for the crash. Delete im.pyo just in case as well. But since the cause is unknown, it might come back and bite you with a different error.

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
Thanks for trying, I'll just have to save more often.

Those cultist need anatomy lessons, to differentiate between alave and beastkin. Although this makes beastkin easier to get, and alva from slave trader.

Last edited:

flamewolf393

Nov 13, 2020
"Hmm, I'm tempted to kill some of the savescumming. Can you share your dragon+party so I can test it against the new demons? "

Uh sure Lemme upload some pics.

The party members only do at most 1 damage each, but they are there as meat shields so the dragon dont die.

" Architot will be getting some extra resistance, actually, so even ice will do only half damage. "
Yeah and thats really problematic, the fact that you have to spec completely into magic to beat his shadow clones, but then you also have to have ice damage in order to hit him? How are you supposed to have enough of both in the same party at the same time? And what do you mean "will be getting", he already has those resistances.

" The optional quest branch that leads to a certain character auto-ganking "
Mind if I ask how to start this quest line?

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
The party members
The good news is that your party is now wildly suboptimal and can still beat even five demons, losing the basilisk and wyvern in the process.

The bad news is that it really makes me want to eliminate 'gate-scumming' and make the gates spawn faster. :devilish:

Yeah and thats really problematic...
How are you supposed to have enough of both in the same party at the same time?
You can have up to 12 heads, and high-end minions with ice and magic damage. Your current party is nowhere near what I'd consider an Architot-busting team.

And what do you mean "will be getting", he already has those resistances.
He currently lacks ice resistance and will be getting 50%, effectively doubling his HP.

I think I changed it so you need to kill the Phoenix in the Darkwood and then re-enter.

Envyi

Feb 12, 2019
The party members only do at most 1 damage each, but they are there as meat shields so the dragon dont die.
If you left click the projections you can see their stats, including their resistances. The projections have 95% dmg resistance against almost all damage type, that is why your minions don't do more than 1 dmg. Iirc even magic defense was really high, so your dragon won't do much either.

" The optional quest branch that leads to a certain character auto-ganking "
Ask your mom! (bwahaha... Okay, but really do Mothers quests, build her army, ...)

And Jman9 is a sadist, who doesn't want you to have fun, so i guess Architot gonna get his insane resistaances boosted even more (Jman9 i love you still) x)

Jman9 I like a hard fight, but putting all resistances but 1 to 95%, just forces you to get a certain build, which in my opinion takes away from the evolotionary freedom, which i think is one of the mopre fun aspects of this game ;)
Why not put most resis to 70% and then ice and one more to 50%, same result "he's gonna tear you a new one if unprepared", without the whole "do exactly this or die" more freedom to make your own dragon. Or atleast for the Projections? So you can be a little more relaxed to do the quests if you really want?
And for the masochists here there is still impossible difficulty ;D

Edit: Wait the gate for the rolling-quest is the phoenix? I spent sooooo much into the dark forest and never even got there once, and then seals just vanished since finding virgins is tidious.... But we already had that talk i think :3

flamewolf393

Nov 13, 2020
The good news is that your party is now wildly suboptimal and can still beat even five demons, losing the basilisk and wyvern in the process.

The bad news is that it really makes me want to eliminate 'gate-scumming' and make the gates spawn faster. :devilish:

You can have up to 12 heads, and high-end minions with ice and magic damage. Your current party is nowhere near what I'd consider an Architot-busting team.

He currently lacks ice resistance and will be getting 50%, effectively doubling his HP.

I think I changed it so you need to kill the Phoenix in the Darkwood and then re-enter.
Yeah I would actually agree with making the gates spawn faster. Right now I can still sleep for two months at a time and sometimes they wont spread at all, other times they spread over 5 areas and I wake up to the final battle. Just dont make it so they can spread enough to make you lose in one sleep cycle. My suggestion? Make it so they spread fast, but leave dragonia for last, and make it take just as much effort to take dragonia as it would to take multiple other locations, that way you can safely go to sleep as long as there is still at least one free area left standing. This could represent the fact that he has to gather his full strength to take out your mom and older brother.

I mean fair, Im well aware my team in only mid-game tier :p

Uh no he already has the 50% ice resistance:

Last edited:

Lumpus

Nov 8, 2018
Hello again! Progressed a little more, red some of this thread and understood that this is just a mistake in the text (three years in fact, one year in the text)
I rushed for a big size and then i got it... And suddenly understood that i CAN'T SCREW WITH HUMANS! That's a problem, because almost all of maidens are humans. I could do alves, but drakes are way cooler than leafzards and dragonspawn (And also i now understand that i have no way to screw with merfolk at all at this size!)
So how do i, well, get around this?
Another thing is that i got a tip from Dark Lady to search for a cloud castle.
Well, i tried for a lot of time, saw TITAN at one of the ambushes, but never found cloud castle.
How chances to find things even work?.. As example, i saw summer castle only ONCE for entire eleven year game! ONCE! Ifrits four times, Yetis - five times. Only ONE orge, ONE!

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Iirc even magic defense was really high, so your dragon won't do much either.
No, projections are vulnerable only to magic, zero resistance to that. They're magical constructs.

I like a hard fight, but putting all resistances but 1 to 95%, just forces you to get a certain build
It does not. You have the option to mutate certain parts of your anatomy at a discount for exactly that reason, so you can prepare for different fights. And Architot is an endame opponent, your build no longer matters after that, so if you want that ending, you have to build your dragon for it. If you want to win with your 'thematic' build, you either use the auto-killer or go for another ending.

Why not put most resis to 70% and then ice and one more to 50%, same result "he's gonna tear you a new one if unprepared", without the whole "do exactly this or die"
Architot is meant to be a 'do this or die' enemy, since he's optional and on what I consider the 'failed' path of the game.

Or atleast for the Projections?
Projections are there to make sure you're not 100% focused on ice damage. If I was really evil, every single one of them would have a different resistance. :p

So you can be a little more relaxed to do the quests if you really want?
You can do your quests however you want. I've seen quite a few saves where there are hundreds and thousands of unused experience points, so dragon customisation is entirely viable.

And for the masochists here there is still impossible difficulty
Yeah, even I can't stomach impossible for more than a few years. :cry:

Edit: Wait the gate for the rolling-quest is the phoenix?
I don't know about 'rolling', but the demon-killer is indeed gated by the Phoenix.

Make it so they spread fast, but leave dragonia for last
Yeah, I think I'll try that.

Uh no he already has the 50% ice resistance
I guess I snuck that in too, then. :sneaky:

...mistake in the text (three years in fact, one year in the text)
Yeah, I just fixed that text.

And suddenly understood that i CAN'T SCREW WITH HUMANS!
So how do i, well, get around this?
What do you mean? o_O You can always screw anyone as long as you have enough lust and stamina. Or do you mean that they die too easily? I posted a mini-fix for this issue here.

And also i now understand that i have no way to screw with merfolk at all at this size!
But mermaids are generally much tougher than elves? I don't know why you can't do them while elves are okay. o_O

Well, i tried for a lot of time, saw TITAN at one of the ambushes, but never found cloud castle.
These are really rare. Like about 0.3% chance to find rare, I think. Maybe I should increase the base chances a little, but then I'd have to redo all the lairs... :cry:

How chances to find things even work?
There are 'weights' for every encounter, specified for each location in 'event_[location].ini' files. Each has a [weight/sum_of_all_weights_for_this_location] chance of happening when you just wander around, and higher chances for specific 'hunt' options. Each time you hit an event, the weight goes down by 1-5 depending on what you do, and regenerates by one every x days, where x is the 'regen' value from the same .ini file.

Some events are special cases and scale with certain stats, primarily the cultists, patrols and 'poverty' encounters.

And any changes to the files need a new game or manually reloading all the events.

Only ONE orge, ONE!
Yeah, I may have been a little too conservative when assigning weights to lairs. :oops: But then again, an ogre lair being about eight times as rare as a rabbit kinda made sense at the time...

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
I want to add a size check to room building and lair expanding. Size 10 able to build and expand without losing a day but still lose action. Maybe also add a workshop check. :devilish: Cant seem to find the correct code functions.

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
Yeah, I may have been a little too conservative when assigning weights to lairs. :oops: But then again, an ogre lair being about eight times as rare as a rabbit kinda made sense at the time...
Really? I seem to find caves and mountains so often....

Forgotten temple is a lair, but no related event in any of the areas? Looks like wizard tower also removed?

Last edited:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Size 10 able to build and expand without losing a day but still lose action. ... Cant seem to find the correct code functions.
This would need some extra work, since currently losing an action inherently means losing a day as well.

Really? I seem to find caves and mountains so often....
Caves are one thing, ogre caves are another. :D

Forgotten temple is a lair, but no related event in any of the areas? Looks like wizard tower also removed?
Lairs are handled separately from other encounters, in lair_conquest.rpy. But both the Forgotten Temple and the Wizard's Tower still exist.

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
This would need some extra work, since currently losing an action inherently means losing a day as well.
oh ok, guess I can only move lairs when no one is pregnant...

Lairs are handled separately from other encounters, in lair_conquest.rpy. But both the Forgotten Temple and the Wizard's Tower still exist.
its now 40 era draconis, and I have yet to encounter both lairs. I did blow up the walking henhouse though.

Last edited:

Lumpus

Nov 8, 2018
Suddenly realized that you can use cages to bring fear level of prisoners to 49.
And then realized that this is not enough for some of nobles, and most of them then die when i try to torture them (even when i use sound or fear, or when i just hit the button)
Poor girls. Is there any way to improve their survivability?

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes