• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Time For Dragons - Defiler Wings: Deranged Dragon Mod [29-07-2020] [Jman]

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
oh ok, guess I can only move lairs when no one is pregnant...
Why does pregnancy matter when moving lairs? Or why does it matter together with day increases? o_O

its now 40 era draconis, and I have yet to encounter both lairs.
They're pretty rare. Have you actually spent enough time in the mountains/forest?

"No one gets elf booty but me!"
I take it you've already met the 'deer-beasts'? :D

Suddenly realized that you can use cages to bring fear level of prisoners to 49.
And then realized that this is not enough for some of nobles
'Not enough' for what? Blocking runaways?

Is there any way to improve their survivability?
Did you try the 'change_affection()' fix?

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
Why does pregnancy matter when moving lairs?
Dont want precious ones to die while waiting for breeding pits to be built.

Found the forgotten temple in 42 era. I think the tower will take just as long.....

'Not enough' for what? Blocking runaways?
probly referring to their hp.

btw the event regen, is it per day, month, year?

Lumpus

Nov 8, 2018
Did you try the 'change_affection()' fix?
I didn't really understood how to do it! Do i just copy this code block to line 825 or what?
P.S. When i said that this is not enough i meant that it's not enough for prisoners to stop resisting when mating (so they wont die)

Last edited:

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
Well done, did you win the battle?

1606405103898.png

I think thats all if not most of the possible lairs. Ogre cave missing

Lumpus

Nov 8, 2018
Yeah, i won easily. Got two maxed drakes and two maxed demon dragon priestess (Drakes from nobles, demon priestess from darkwood)

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
Now go get food, the right digging tools and start making a real lair. (y)

1606407412219.png

Why does diversity suck? Have a little of everything....

Last edited:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
btw the event regen, is it per day, month, year?
The regen is the 'per'. :D I.e. regen 7 means one 'weight' regenerates per week.

I think thats all if not most of the possible lairs. Ogre cave missing
That's 19/24. The missing ones are the starter ravine (which doesn't belong in this list), Ogre Den, Ice Cave, Volcanic Cave and Mountain Citadel.

Yeah, i won easily.
Did you fight the 'titan+pets' posse, or the 'three giants' squad?

Why does diversity suck? Have a little of everything....
Diversity is a misnomer. It's more like whether your army composition is 'reasonable', i.e. mostly grunts and servants (but roughly equal amounts of both), somewhat less specials and a small core of elites. If it's unbalanced towards some category, e.g. more than 10% elites, you get a lower score. This is meant to combat elites-only setups etc.

Didn't know what else to call it, though. :cautious:

flamewolf393

Nov 13, 2020
I wish our monsters could breed with each other. It takes so damn long to get any kind of minions with just the dragon doing all the work. What, are dragon born creatures sterile or something?

So I think I have a solution to how insanely rare high level encounters and lairs are to find. Adjust the weight of the encounter table by a factor of the dragons size and power stats. It would make sense that the more powerful the dragon gets, the more he just completely ignores low level encounters and goes out of his way to look for higher level encounters.

Last edited:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I wish our monsters could breed with each other.
Goes into the same category as raiding and hunting, i.e. of 'minions do too much'. The whole game would need to be totally rebalanced and your dragon would become even less of a factor. Minions already dominate combat too much.

I'm not interested in a minion-themed version of TfD. If someone is and makes a sub-mod, I don't mind, but I'm not going to do it myself.

It takes so damn long to get any kind of minions with just the dragon doing all the work.
With breeding pits and a Huge+ dragon, all your pregnant captives should be giving birth once per sleep cycle.

So I think I have a solution to how insanely rare high level encounters and lairs are to find.
Which encounters? You can hunt for most of the staple ones, and those that are still rare are usually rare for a reason. If you have examples of what should be more common, do tell.

Lairs will get a separate 'hunt' option and perhaps some weight increases.

It would make sense that the more powerful the dragon gets, the more he just completely ignores low level encounters and goes out of his way to look for higher level encounters.
Not really. The 'ignores low-level' is already there, it's the 'pass' choice in all encounters. Going out of his way to look for what he wants is exactly that, going out of his way and cycling encounters until he finds one.

The reason it's like this is to actually simulate dragon life a bit. A big dragon doesn't automatically change all traders into rich merchants and all castles into palaces. He has to work for it, and gets more tools to do it (stamina, satiety reserves, combat power), so he already has a significant leg up on the wimpy little lizards.

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
That's 19/24. The missing ones are the starter ravine (which doesn't belong in this list), Ogre Den, Ice Cave, Volcanic Cave and Mountain Citadel.
ogre den in the forest
ice cave is the jotun's sky home? fought once already
Volcano cave is efreet home? fought 3x already
Mountain citadel? joutun mountain home or super palace?

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
ice cave is the jotun's sky home?
Volcano cave is efreet home?
No, these are uninhabited, weaker versions of those two, found in the mountains. Probably too rare, though.

Mountain citadel? joutun mountain home or super palace?
I don't know what a 'super palace' is, but it's the upgraded castle that usually has catapults and houses a Duchess.

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
I don't know what a 'super palace' is, but it's the upgraded castle that usually has catapults and houses a Duchess.
This one must be quite rare also, and since you say upgraded, tougher than the summer palace. So I label it as super, since it looks to be the toughest of all.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
This one must be quite rare also, and since you say upgraded, tougher than the summer palace. So I label it as super, since it looks to be the toughest of all.
Well, the citadel is tougher to take, has better defences and more pre-built rooms, but it's also considerably smaller than the palace (which matters a lot more than some free traps and cages) and gives you a worse captive. So neither is a direct upgrade of each other, which is why I wouldn't call one a 'super-palace' not the other a 'super-citadel'.

It's 'cleared' version is called an 'Abandoned Citadel' and is indeed still missing from that list.

fregreger

Apr 28, 2018
Oh wow I just discovered this game, after playing Old Huntsman's original all those years ago. It's just such a perfectly autistic mess I love it

Lumpus

Nov 8, 2018
Did you fight the 'titan+pets' posse, or the 'three giants' squad?
Hi! I fought Titan+Ifrit+Yeti+Two beasts i can't remember (maybe, gargoyles? I forgot)
Also, i scavenged game files and found, well... Rather interesting arts with some elves, such as "Meridia"
How to get to them?

P.S. It's pretty boring to dominate everything without a chance for retaliation. Even knights are just saying "I won't assault this lair" and thiefs are "How do i even get here?!" for ten years straight.

Last edited:
3.50 star(s) 8 Votes