triscuits

Jul 9, 2018
Are we actually supposed to get the mother character's lust higher before the bedroom scene or just be told that it isn't high enough?

Reactions: Rize

johnelros

Apr 10, 2018
1598500806969.png

Hey everyone!
Hope you had a chance to play scene 08 and enjoyed it. I’ve got plenty of news for you on what’s next and what I’ve been working on.
Overlays
I spent the past couple days working on the Overlays for Selena, Akane and Eric. I decided to just make their Night and Day office overlays one after another, to save time in the future. Compositing for Selena and Akane with future outfits should be easier in the future – so that’s a bonus. Selena and Akane’s compositing is a bit more complex because they have particular items that aren't always on them (You’ll see soon :3 ).
Going forward I’m gonna try to space out character overlay creation. It’s not the hardest thing to do, but it’s very time consuming and repetitive. I am glad how they turned out, though :p
Story / Planning
Storyboarding for Scene 09 and 10 are done and I’m really excited for how it’s going to turn out.
I’m at the early stages of writing for Scene 09, but it will take priority after 3D modeling some areas of Chapter 02 (see below)
3D Modeling
Current focus is to design a few areas of ETMI Corp. for Chapter 02. This includes a common workspace area, Selena’s office, Storage closet and a side office. I want to get these done first so I can work on the detective mode and other game assets of Chapter 02, while other images are being rendered.
Akane intro animation:
I put this on the back burner for now as I’m contemplating how to go about it. Initially I was gonna try to do something different (more moving parts) to test myself and help improve my skills, but I’m wondering if it’s worth the time and effort, because there’s another animation in scene 09 that you’ll be more interested in ;) I’ll think about it and let you all know when I decide.
Efficiency improvements
I now have an application that lets me better stage android builds. This being the case, Android builds will be Beta instead of Alpha going forward. Priority is still on the PC and Mac, though.
Bonuses
Vanessa poll winner bonus: Almost done rendering, and I’ll do the post-work later tonight and upload tomorrow for soldier tier and up. Spoilers: she’s in a bunny outfit :3
Vanessa sfw-ish wallpaper: Will be posted in 2-3 days for Researcher tier and up.
Vanessa lewd wallpaper: Will be posted in 2-3 days for Captain tier and up.
I’ve learnt a decent amount by releasing different builds to different tiers this month. There’s nothing drastically different right now, but in the future I would like to add different bonuses for the tiers. I’ve got an idea on how to do that in a way that will save time in the future, so I’m going to take some time to work on that. More news on this later.
Going forward
Clues/Interactables:
In terms of Detective Mode for Chapter 01, it was essentially a way for players to get a feel for how parts of the game worked. Going forward, things you interact with (including people), will give you more information on the world and characters of Time For You. There’s still going to be things to throw you off and general randomness, as it wouldn’t be much of a Detective mode without it.
General Consensus Polls:
Along with the polls where you all decide on different bonuses, and in the future, parts of the game, sometimes I’m going to put out general consensus polls. These polls won’t be tied to a specific tier like the others, but I mainly want to see your opinions on specific things. In the end I’ll make the final decision, but I do want your feedback :)
Notes
-
Someone asked me about the terminal between chapters. I just wanted to clarify that I’ll be adding the terminal between chapters at the end of each release, but it will be removed in each upcoming release – It’s just a way to let you know that this is the end of what’s currently available. You will however always go to the terminal between chapters after the end of a chapter. Hope that makes sense :)
I feel like I'm forgetting something, but this has already become very long haha. More news soon and thank you for your support!
ZeroHero

rev_01

Game Developer
Apr 25, 2020
This update was ridiculously short. It took me maybe 10 minutes to complete it. As a dev myself, I know it's not easy to do long releases for games due to the amount of work required, but seriously, I would hope for something a bit longer. I guess I'll just wait until the updates pile up a bit so there's actual content to play.

Belnick

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2018
sohs......
soh~ then again we cant write a lying s can we? I forgot most alt codes :p Ω :eek:

This update was ridiculously short. It took me maybe 10 minutes to complete it. As a dev myself, I know it's not easy to do long releases for games due to the amount of work required, but seriously, I would hope for something a bit longer. I guess I'll just wait until the updates pile up a bit so there's actual content to play.
ive not done anything like this, would be cool to try, but I tried to do a tiny game in unreal 4 engine and gave up lol, too much small stuff, but my point was that it can take you hours and hours even days just to do like a 30 seconds play sequence. I dont know about renpy, but I assume it is similar? gameplay it takes 0.01% of the time than it did to make it :p

ive been interested in trying to start a game, without crowdfunding and all that bs, just for my self, but I just feel that it is too stressful, even if I was just making it for me alone, making a game that people expect uploads from would be even worse :p
I might complain/praise about games or updates, but I do think it is up to the dev to do what they want :eek:

I even forgot where i was going with this?...uuhm takes longer to make than to play, oki that was it :þ

Last edited:

rev_01

Game Developer
Apr 25, 2020
soh~ then again we cant write a lying s can we? I forgot most alt codes :p Ω :eek:

ive not done anything like this, would be cool to try, but I tried to do a tiny game in unreal 4 engine and gave up lol, too much small stuff, but my point was that it can take you hours and hours even days just to do like a 30 seconds play sequence. I dont know about renpy, but I assume it is similar? gameplay it takes 0.01% of the time than it did to make it :p

ive been interested in trying to start a game, without crowdfunding and all that bs, just for my self, but I just feel that it is too stressful, even if I was just making it for me alone, making a game that people expect uploads from would be even worse :p
I might complain/praise about games or updates, but I do think it is up to the dev to do what they want :eek:

I even forgot where i was going with this?...uuhm takes longer to make than to play, oki that was it :þ
Nah Renpy is good because it does a lot of the stuff for you. If you were going to use renpy at its simplest form, you'd literally be able to write the script in their script.rpy document, use software for renders (Daz, HS, AI, etc.), create some renders (Maybe 1-3 for 30 seconds, probably just 2, but potentially even one) and that's done. Yeah, the renders would definitely take some time to do but it's not like there's a ridiculous amount of renders in the update.

Reactions: Belnick

elle21

Jul 22, 2019
Omg this game is neverending tutorial ,i will think mandy will become hated for all tutorial

keenkp

Nov 25, 2019
I want to say some mean things and i hope the dev will not be too much angry:

1. It's a 18+ game, so we play the game for a certain purpose (body or sex);

2. The game did has some detective things, but first it is a 18+ game;

3. If you can not make good balance between adult or detective, please find out your point;

4. If this is a detective game, the design and the picture is fucking bad, you cannot even beat the game in 2010;

5. If this is a 18+ game, the diffculty is fucking weird and useless, man , you give us this mini game for what? I give it a shit care;

6. The dev lost his great advantage——model, and put lot of time to design the "search and analysing" part, good , but weird. I must say you don't have the engouh preparations for the "detective" part, and it will take much time for that.

7. If you insist to do this line, i admire you , but i want to point out the walkthrough is very important. And the dev just release the game and do nothing for that. I don't know why;

8. You know, even the simple adult game manilashaw/anna, they still need walkthrough, and those game are much much more easier to play. Do you really know what i mean? Do you realy know what's your purpose? Focus, man.

We come here for relax and fun, not for the simple weird dective game.

But please do not misunderstand. Adult game can have those "detective" thing, but those games are always made by a group, not by a independent producer.

I play over 5 games and they are all made by japanese companies. And if you do not have over 5 persons for designing. I just suggest you can make this simple, cut your time and cut the player's time, it's win-win.

I give this game only 20 points (20/100) for the model, because i can't even finish the fuck first INTERROGATEI.

Do you realy put the energy in desiging the clues??? If you do not know how to design, go to see the Detective Conan ok???

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
Zero2HeroGames Nice renders, nice game so far. I was very hesitant with the investigation stuff but enjoying it, even if it gets frustrating with constant change between VN and sandbox.

On major criticism though, the thing that is totally ruining the game for me is the transitions. Missing conversation because the next line of text is transitioned in too fast. For example the line the MC says to the mother when she says there is something she wants help with and you have the option to ask her about it or let her tell you later. It's impossible to read it. You can barely tell the the was a line of conversation there.

I know you're trying to tell a story but the slow text and transitions within a single line are incredibly frustrating to read.

It's way to slow when you're in sandbox looking at thing and then got to wait for it to "refresh" so you can click on the next time.

The 4 girls in the bikinis on the beach, great renders but a total waste of time with the slow pans. I was frustrated after the first girl, to have to suffer through it another 3 times and then slow side to side in photo. I'd lost interest in everything that was going on and just wanted it over.

Over all it's not a bad game at all and a lot better than I thought it would be when I first tried it, but please, please, please reconsider the overuse of the transitions.

Last edited:
Reactions: fugazi666 and Rize

punisher2099

Forum Fanatic
Feb 25, 2020
The detective/interrogation mechanics a rather interesting but the sound effect for starting the interrogation mini game is very...loud

johnelros

Apr 10, 2018
1599448842275.png

Vanessa can’t sleep so she’s picking out an outfit for her date with you tomorrow. What kind of outfit will she end up with? And what outfit does someone pick for an Adventure or a Surprise? ;)

We're shifting character focus starting with Scene 09, but that doesn't mean we won't see more of Vanessa. Lots of fun things being worked on for the game right now and I'm excited for you all to see them. I'll be posting a Dev update on Tuesday with more info.

Thank you so much for your support!

Cheers,
ZeroHero

3.30 star(s) 84 Votes