VN Ren'Py Time Heals [Ch. 1 Part 1] [Owl's]

4.20 star(s) 16 Votes

Ass prefer

Sep 30, 2022
well I more meant not a big deal about the sex part for me since I dont play these games for lewds but 5 months seems a bit long for a chapter 1 when there is only a prologue. You think they wouldn't be too far apart or release at the same time for a better first impression since wasnt much to the prologue
okay. maybe im wrong.

ADAMS Owl`s

Game Developer
Apr 7, 2023
You need to understand that in this situation, I cannot make the characters jump into bed immediately. However, if you are interested in relationship developments that eventually lead to more intimate encounters, then this game is for you. But if you came here exclusively for sexual content, I doubt this game is for you.

Yes, the update has been in development for quite some time, but if you have been following the game and reading the dev blogs, you should understand why it's taking so long. Additionally, this game is not my primary source of income.

Sep 26, 2023
You need to understand that in this situation, I cannot make the characters jump into bed immediately. However, if you are interested in relationship developments that eventually lead to more intimate encounters, then this game is for you. But if you came here exclusively for sexual content, I doubt this game is for you.

Yes, the update has been in development for quite some time, but if you have been following the game and reading the dev blogs, you should understand why it's taking so long. Additionally, this game is not my primary source of income.
Ok take your time but please, don't be like OceanLab :BootyTime:

jhonatanw

Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022

Hey everyone.
This is the last devblog before the release.
At the last moment, I decided to add animation, although I previously rejected this idea due to its complexity and the time it would take. This is my first experience creating animation on such a scale. Fortunately, I managed to handle the main part of the work, and now only smooth and beautiful animation remains to be done. It's hard to even guess how long the rendering will take.
Yesterday, I conducted testing of the launcher together with its developer. Only minor revisions are awaited: we need to speed up the unpacking process of the game, acquire storage for files, and refine the integrity check of them. In case any file is lost, the launcher will automatically detect it and download it. We also tested the game update system, and everything functions perfectly, which is incredibly pleasing. I am looking forward to sending it to the testers.
After the game's release, devblogs will only be available to those who have purchased a subscription. Also, I will finally start releasing exclusive content for subscribers, otherwise, the subscription would lose its meaning. Mainly, this is necessary to maintain the launcher, the website, and pay for minor expenses.
The game development took longer than expected, however, a lot was implemented, reworked, corrected, and prepared. The process should become much simpler in the future, as everything necessary has already been implemented.

That's all, see you at the release.

Feb 25, 2022
İNFO DEVBLOG

Hello everyone!

I had hoped that the previous devblog would be the last one before the release, but unfortunately, that's not the case.

Launcher Issues

The release was planned for the end of April, but due to some issues, mainly related to the launcher, it didn't happen. One of the first problems was the download and unpacking speed. Fortunately, we managed to speed up this process several times. I'm very happy about this since it's a key function of the launcher. We've also added automatic updates, so you won't have to download the launcher anew every time it needs updating.

Scene Changes

We had to rework some scenes because, frankly, they didn't look very good. This is especially noticeable when you realize you can do better. We've made some adjustments to the prologue: changed the dialogues for better comprehension and added a flashback with Mira. Now you'll understand why the main character calls her Dildo.

Lighting Experiments

In Episode 1 - Part 1, I experimented a lot with lighting, trying different light sources and their placements. In the end, I settled on what I used in the prologue.

Music Issues

Another problem that arose is with the music. The person who used to create music for the game, unfortunately, can't continue due to a tight schedule. I hope to find a solution, but there will be slightly less music in the game.

Release Date

Now, the most important thing - the release date. My plans for this month are for the end or the middle. There's just the flashback scene left to finish, the corrected scenes to render, translation to complete, and to send everything to the testers for review. After that, I can confidently release the game. Honestly, I'm very disappointed that I couldn't release the game last month, and the development dragged on for a whole five months. In the future, I will try to speed up the development process.

Thank you all for continuing to follow and support me. See you soon.

Patreon post image.jpg Patreon post image-1.jpg

ADAMS Owl`s

Game Developer
Apr 7, 2023
With updates taking this long im just gonna assume it's another game that will never be finished.
You probably haven't been following my dev blog, otherwise you would understand why development is taking so long.

Creating locations takes a lot of time. I'm a beginner with only a year of experience, learning as I go. You should also understand that the visual novel isn't my primary source of income and that I have a job aside from development.

ADAMS Owl`s

Game Developer
Apr 7, 2023
nobody asked for a launcher since will bring issues in the future.
Why should anyone have to ask me for something? If I have the opportunity to make the user's interaction with the game easier, then why not take advantage of it?

As I mentioned before, the launcher will bring significant benefits to the game. In the future, the launcher will be updated with more functionality. We plan to add "cloud storage for your saves" and many other features that are currently under consideration. Isn't it more convenient to receive update notifications on your computer and install them immediately without visiting other websites? Or, if something breaks, to immediately check the integrity of the game files using the launcher?

And you should understand that I made the launcher not for myself, but for your convenience.

rafaaa

Apr 8, 2022
update notifications if i have the launcher open because if its close i dont receive so why i care about that and why would someone have a launcher stopped for 2-4 months in the computer? Riot and Valve have launchers and still they have many issues and that will happen with your launcher in the future. Its gonna be a nightmare and waste of your time. Its not hate towards you or the game its only the launcher wasnt needed for the game.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
not gonna lie I will check the game out when it updates but the launcher kind of puts me off launches always make me feel un easy especially most of the time they don't feel like they are needed. But that's just me I do think it's great you are making something you believe that will be a benefit and sticking with it don't let us tell you not to do something never good for a dev.

ADAMS Owl`s

Game Developer
Apr 7, 2023
not gonna lie I will check the game out when it updates but the launcher kind of puts me off launches always make me feel un easy especially most of the time they don't feel like they are needed. But that's just me I do think it's great you are making something you believe that will be a benefit and sticking with it don't let us tell you not to do something never good for a dev.
update notifications if i have the launcher open because if its close i dont receive so why i care about that and why would someone have a launcher stopped for 2-4 months in the computer? Riot and Valve have launchers and still they have many issues and that will happen with your launcher in the future. Its gonna be a nightmare and waste of your time. Its not hate towards you or the game its only the launcher wasnt needed for the game.
I will not leave users without a choice. If someone doesn't want to download the game through the launcher, no problem. I will provide a link to a file-sharing service where they can download the same version of the game as in the launcher. It's all up to your preference and choice.

I do not deny that there might be issues with the launcher, but you also cannot be 100% sure that it will be a problem for users who decide to use it.

Moreover, I believe it is essential to experiment with everything whenever possible. Through experiments, we can find new and more effective ways to solve problems, improve user experience, and make the product better. Even if something goes wrong, it will be a valuable experience and help us avoid mistakes in the future. Therefore, providing alternative ways to download the game, in my opinion, will benefit both the users and me.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
I will not leave users without a choice. If someone doesn't want to download the game through the launcher, no problem. I will provide a link to a file-sharing service where they can download the same version of the game as in the launcher. It's all up to your preference and choice.

I do not deny that there might be issues with the launcher, but you also cannot be 100% sure that it will be a problem for users who decide to use it.

Moreover, I believe it is essential to experiment with everything whenever possible. Through experiments, we can find new and more effective ways to solve problems, improve user experience, and make the product better. Even if something goes wrong, it will be a valuable experience and help us avoid mistakes in the future. Therefore, providing alternative ways to download the game, in my opinion, will benefit both the users and me.
that's great news thought it be launcher only. I tend to delete games and mark the last version I played in my spreadsheet after I play it so wasnt to keen on the launcher. But I will give the launcher a try at least since you put some work into creating it.

ADAMS Owl`s

Game Developer
Apr 7, 2023
that's great news thought it be launcher only. I tend to delete games and mark the last version I played in my spreadsheet after I play it so wasnt to keen on the launcher. But I will give the launcher a try at least since you put some work into creating it.
Sure. I cannot leave the user without a choice; it would be extremely unfair on my part. Additionally, I cannot rely solely on the launcher, as I do not know how things will turn out in the end.

DevinHesi

Oct 29, 2021
Info devblog

Hello everyone!

I had hoped that the previous devblog would be the last one before the release, but unfortunately, that's not the case.

Launcher Issues
The release was planned for the end of April, but due to some issues, mainly related to the launcher, it didn't happen. One of the first problems was the download and unpacking speed. Fortunately, we managed to speed up this process several times. I'm very happy about this since it's a key function of the launcher. We've also added automatic updates, so you won't have to download the launcher anew every time it needs updating.

Scene Changes
We had to rework some scenes because, frankly, they didn't look very good. This is especially noticeable when you realize you can do better. We've made some adjustments to the prologue: changed the dialogues for better comprehension and added a flashback with Mira. Now you'll understand why the main character calls her Dildo.

Lighting Experiments
In Episode 1 - Part 1, I experimented a lot with lighting, trying different light sources and their placements. In the end, I settled on what I used in the prologue.

Music Issues
Another problem that arose is with the music. The person who used to create music for the game, unfortunately, can't continue due to a tight schedule. I hope to find a solution, but there will be slightly less music in the game.

Release Date
Now, the most important thing - the release date. My plans for this month are for the end or the middle. There's just the flashback scene left to finish, the corrected scenes to render, translation to complete, and to send everything to the testers for review. After that, I can confidently release the game. Honestly, I'm very disappointed that I couldn't release the game last month, and the development dragged on for a whole five months. In the future, I will try to speed up the development process.

Thank you all for continuing to follow and support me. See you soon.

1715791558148.png 1715791589538.png

4.20 star(s) 16 Votes