VN Ren'Py Time Heals [Ch. 1 Part 1] [Owl's]

4.20 star(s) 16 Votes

Toncek146

Jan 4, 2019
DevBlog 1.0

Hello everyone!

The work process is progressing quite successfully, although recently I experienced burnout due to the constant involvement in the game development, which forced me to take a short break. Now everything is fine, and I have resumed work on the first episode.

Regarding the development, it was necessary to make changes to the script to make it more logical and get rid of unnecessary elements. Currently, I am fully satisfied with how things are shaping up and hope that I will not have to return to this issue anymore.

It is worth noting separately that the development of scenes and locations continues successfully but requires a significant amount of time and effort, especially at the optimization stage. My computer is already working at its limits.

I am thrilled to announce that the development of the game interface is complete, and I am delighted with the final result. I want to express my gratitude to one person whose help saved me a lot of time. Moreover, I have added a gallery of special character renders to the game, available to players depending on their choice.

As I promised earlier, I will share one of the tracks with you. For me, music plays a key role in creating the atmosphere, and we try to do everything possible to convey this atmosphere to the player.

Finally, a bit about Blender. My desire to fully switch to this platform is growing stronger every day, as the current toolkit limits my capabilities and forces me to constantly work with additional programs. With Blender, there is no such need, and I hope to fully transition to it in the future, abandoning Daz.

That's all for now. See you in the next devblog.

jhonatanw

Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022
devblog 1.1.png Group 3.png

Hello everyone!
This week, there aren't as many news updates as we would like. Work is progressing in its usual cycle: posing, rendering, and so on in a loop.
Currently, I am diligently working on creating a flashback from the past life of the main character. Finding the ideal location and achieving the right lighting atmosphere took quite some time, but the result exceeded all expectations.
I want to highlight one of the features introduced: in the attached screenshot, you can see black bars at the top and bottom of the screen, which I call the "widescreen effect." These bars will appear during key scenes, adding drama and enhancing the cinematic perception.
Recently, I've discovered that the process of programming is starting to bring me more pleasure than spending hours posing in Daz.
At the moment, I am busy developing a house for Beatrice, the red-haired girl. It's quite a monotonous and tedious task, but fortunately, I have prepared the necessary references and models in advance.
Also, I have created a draft of the location for the animation, which will ultimately need to be refined to the desired quality. The entire process will be in Blender, as working in Daz would require significantly more time and effort from me. I already have almost everything needed to implement this scene, and I hope I can execute what I've planned.
That's all for now, until next time.

Ass prefer

Sep 30, 2022
View attachment 3356898 View attachment 3356902

Hello everyone!
This week, there aren't as many news updates as we would like. Work is progressing in its usual cycle: posing, rendering, and so on in a loop.
Currently, I am diligently working on creating a flashback from the past life of the main character. Finding the ideal location and achieving the right lighting atmosphere took quite some time, but the result exceeded all expectations.
I want to highlight one of the features introduced: in the attached screenshot, you can see black bars at the top and bottom of the screen, which I call the "widescreen effect." These bars will appear during key scenes, adding drama and enhancing the cinematic perception.
Recently, I've discovered that the process of programming is starting to bring me more pleasure than spending hours posing in Daz.
At the moment, I am busy developing a house for Beatrice, the red-haired girl. It's quite a monotonous and tedious task, but fortunately, I have prepared the necessary references and models in advance.
Also, I have created a draft of the location for the animation, which will ultimately need to be refined to the desired quality. The entire process will be in Blender, as working in Daz would require significantly more time and effort from me. I already have almost everything needed to implement this scene, and I hope I can execute what I've planned.
That's all for now, until next time.
seks kogda?

jhonatanw

Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022
devblog 1.2.png drive_jacob_53.jpg

Hello everyone!
I'm still busy working on the auto repair shop scene. It's taking a ton of time because the complexity of the scene makes my computer slow down, and everything happens slower. To avoid getting stuck on the same thing, I'm trying to work on different parts of the project: I've created the location, set up the lighting, made a couple of test renders, polished everything, and moved on.
I've almost finished all the places for the story. What's left is to complete the scene with Beatrice, which promises to be very atmospheric, and the location for the scene with Katie - it will be a bar, but that's easier than the scene with Beatrice.
The first episode turns out to be challenging because there's a lot to invent: places, characters, and so on. It should be easier moving forward since most of the materials will already be prepared. But who knows, new ideas might come up.
I currently have a huge queue for rendering, so it will take quite some time. During this period, I plan to work on the post-processing of other renders and, finally, finish everything I've planned with Renpy.
Frequently asked if there will be a bedroom scene in the first episode?
-Yes, there will be, but it's intended for only one character. This means, to see this scene, you might need to explore different story branches if you don't find the right path on the first try.
That's all for now, see you soon!

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
how do I know what you like better?
it's common courtesy to put them all in a single post to not spam a thread and even spoilers if it's more than 1 image so people can scroll past the post easier

Sooda

Feb 4, 2023
it's common courtesy to put them all in a single post to not spam a thread and even spoilers if it's more than 1 image so people can scroll past the post easier
Okay, I won't bother you and the developer again.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
Okay, I won't bother you and the developer again.
not really bothering me I was just pointing out why he said to put them in a single post since it seems you are newer around here. What I suggested take no extra effort to do

• Wow
Reactions: Sooda
4.20 star(s) 16 Votes