VN Ren'Py Time Heals [Ch. 1 Part 1] [Owl's]

4.20 star(s) 16 Votes

ADAMS Owl`s

Game Developer
Apr 7, 2023
Man, an inactive button means that the functionality it activates is not available in the current ui mode. But it also implies that there is a mode exists in which this functionality becomes active. If the functionality doesn't exist in the application, you don't need a UI element for it.

Okay, you want to show that certain functionality is in development and will appear in new versions. To do this, you add an interface element in advance, which in the current version does nothing. So write “coming soon” next to it or show a tooltip when you hover your mouse over it. This is the expected behavior for most typical applications.

But somehow you expect users to guess that red buttons in your interface mean that they are non-functional elements and users should just ignore them. Well, you see how good it works.

EDIT: By the way, to the right of the language selection menu there is an "info" icon, right? Do I understand correctly that the letter "i" in a circle means "info"? Does this work or is it also "inactive"?
An inactive button can also indicate that a feature will be implemented in the future and is not yet available in the current version of the interface. Adding such an element can inform users about upcoming updates and new capabilities. Including a label like "coming soon" or a tooltip is one way to achieve this, but it is neither the only correct approach nor an expected behavior. In some cases, adding an inactive button without additional information might be preferable to avoid cluttering the interface.

As for the "i" icon in the corner, it is primarily designed to attract the user's attention. In the future, it will provide information about who is the translator for a particular language.

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
An inactive button can also indicate that a feature will be implemented in the future and is not yet available in the current version of the interface. Adding such an element can inform users about upcoming updates and new capabilities. Including a label like "coming soon" or a tooltip is one way to achieve this, but it is neither the only correct approach nor an expected behavior. In some cases, adding an inactive button without additional information might be preferable to avoid cluttering the interface.

As for the "i" icon in the corner, it is primarily designed to attract the user's attention. In the future, it will provide information about who is the translator for a particular language.
Well, I wrote my opinion, this language menu design is quite confusing and I see by the feedback in this thread that I’m not the only one who noticed this. When I tried to switch the language and couldn't, only after looking at the code I found that this button doesn't do anything.

I suggest you could show a message through the info icon that localization(s) will be added later if you don't want to add a tooltip or just remove a button that doesn't do anything.

But, of course, it's up to you to decide. And by the way, the OP's page claims dual language support, but it's not actually implemented in the game yet, so don't be surprised that people started asking.

Reactions: NebulousShooter

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017

I think it's the red around the border of the button is what the throws some people off maybe. haven't looked at it much just was reading some comments but from a quick glance of a screen shot it looks black and a red border. But typically when I see a button that has a feature or option not available yet it's greyed out it which means I can't click it at all. So I can see the confusion others have with having a black button with a red outline. Not saying to change it or anything but just sharing why I can see why others may be confused by it.

ADAMS Owl`s

Game Developer
Apr 7, 2023
I can be whatever you want, cutie, even an arachnid from Klendathu. :illuminati:

The thing is, despite the form (terrible English), the gist of the complaint from the guy you're making fun of is legitimate - the OP is claiming that the game is dual-language when in fact it isn't. At the moment the game only supports one language. Sorry for being a meticulous pedant.
Certainly, you have a point. Personally, I find it amusing not because of how the person wrote about it, but because of how they acted. Instead of asking about it, they immediately accused the developer of lying and filed a complaint. Is it really fair to give a one-star rating over a single language issue? I don't think that's quite right.

My entire interface is in gray tones, and using a gray button wouldn’t make much sense. Highlighting it in red is a more appropriate choice. Frankly, even if I removed the button, the complaints about the Russian language would still persist.

We could discuss this topic endlessly, but I think it’s best if we each stick to our own opinions.

AlexMpog

Oct 17, 2022
Nothing wrong with that button, it's obvious to me that it's innactive.
Guy probably wanted some attention or just wanted to a make fool of him self, who knows

And review is hilarious, I reported it cause it's a blatant lie lol
it's not like it will help though

PushMyButton

Jan 22, 2023
I specifically highlighted the button in red color that people would understand that it is inactive and moreover I did not deceive anyone and did not say that the game has a Russian translation.
and this is what language means: English, Russian it says here that there are 2 languages on the page, but there is no second language in the game, then why does it mislead people? Okay, so far you are not there when you add a second language and I have a question, which language is the first or second? if you released a game that it has 2 languages, you should have done the same in the game as 2 languages, or else one deception and misconceptions

ADAMS Owl`s

Game Developer
Apr 7, 2023
and this is what language means: English, Russian it says here that there are 2 languages on the page, but there is no second language in the game, then why does it mislead people? Okay, so far you are not there when you add a second language and I have a question, which language is the first or second? if you released a game that it has 2 languages, you should have done the same in the game as 2 languages, or else one deception and misconceptions
The main audience for this site, and my audience in general, are English-speaking. My primary focus is on them. The Russian language is supposedly present, but only the interface is translated. So, it's fairer to disable it for now until we find people who can do the translation. I could leave it, but I'm sure it would raise even more questions from the players. Regarding the content on the site, I agree there's a small error. However, I thought this information would be updated after the release, considering how many languages are currently available in the game.

Reactions: Kakasan

Milton749

Jul 26, 2023
lmfao his review is funny to read
Nothing wrong with that button, it's obvious to me that it's innactive.
Guy probably wanted some attention or just wanted to a make fool of him self, who knows

And review is hilarious, I reported it cause it's a blatant lie lol
it's not like it will help though
I read the last 2 reviews (likely the same person), Dessolos always finds some good ones for me to laugh at. And I only have one thing to say.

wtf-jack-sparrow.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Evan Treborn

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
Well, I wrote my opinion, this language menu design is quite confusing and I see by the feedback in this thread that I’m not the only one who noticed this. When I tried to switch the language and couldn't, only after looking at the code I found that this button doesn't do anything.

I suggest you could show a message through the info icon that localization(s) will be added later if you don't want to add a tooltip or just remove a button that doesn't do anything.

But, of course, it's up to you to decide. And by the way, the OP's page claims dual language support, but it's not actually implemented in the game yet, so don't be surprised that people started asking.
Dodging accountability and random unnecessary dickriding of dumb decisions is peak what the AVN community is all about.:KEK:

No one cares you've been a cook for 20 years if the dish you served me is shit. Such a redacted hill to die on :FacePalm:

PickerLewd

Dec 22, 2022
I don't remember seeing the girl with the tattoo on her neck. There are several paths in Chapter 1?
Let's hope she's not evil, it's time to heal and there are other problems to solve in the game :whistle::coffee:.

ADAMS Owl`s

Game Developer
Apr 7, 2023
I don't remember seeing the girl with the tattoo on her neck. There are several paths in Chapter 1?
Let's hope she's not evil, it's time to heal and there are other problems to solve in the game :whistle::coffee:.
This is a preview of a new character that is planned for the future.

Oh well and you might have seen him in the first episode when Mira showed a picture of a girl on her phone

• Thinking Face
Reactions: PickerLewd

PickerLewd

Dec 22, 2022
I may sound heartless, but I would have acted differently in one particular scene:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

We know this woman takes drugs and who knows what else, so it's dangerous to have her around the family :WeSmart:.

Reactions: AlexMpog
4.20 star(s) 16 Votes