VN Ren'Py Time Heals [Ch. 1 Part 1] [Owl's]

4.20 star(s) 16 Votes

PickerLewd

Dec 22, 2022
The sisters and stepmother are very pretty, I hope they don't overshadow the LI :HideThePain:, at least the first girl seems nice (the one who needed a tyre change).

Reactions: ADAMS Owl`s

Ohvidente

Feb 20, 2024
Game is pretty cool but the MC looks like a robot 95% of the time totally straight face no matter what is going on, dude seems to have no emotions, it stuck out too me. On the other hand as a car lover I cant wait too get into the racing, modded car side.
Play the game again, pay attention when the MC is on the balcony with Nova, you will understand and not to mention the accident, you have probably never lost someone or been in a car accident. It's really strange for the guy to be happy and excited about everything that's happened in his life.

Ohvidente

Feb 20, 2024
Well, as I see it, the difference in the personality of the sisters affects the relationship with their half-brother. Mira is cheerful, sociable and quirky, she seems to like the MC, she apparently easily accepted the fact that her mother got married (did they?) with MC’s father and accepts the MC as a brother.

On the other hand, Kira is more introverted and needs much more time to get used to changes and accept new people. She said that directly to the MC: "What did you expect? You show up out of nowhere and everyone instantly loves you?" But sometimes her attitude looks like an uncalled hostility to the MC, I don't understand where does this come from, maybe something in the past. So far, I don’t see an explanation in the game for her behavior, other than she founds the MC disgusting for no reason :)

There's a dialogue between the MC after the bathroom

She still doesn't talk to me...

Hasn't it been long enough?

After so many years, don't I deserve at least that?

Or maybe I should just let her go. Let's go.

No more tears...

It implied he was talking about Kira, so either she never got used to her new brother or they have some past.

Last edited:

Daddy-S

Aug 27, 2022
Play the game again, pay attention when the MC is on the balcony with Nova, you will understand and not to mention the accident, you have probably never lost someone or been in a car accident. It's really strange for the guy to be happy and excited about everything that's happened in his life.
Oh I understand completely but I still stand by what I said. Its not just mc either when mc is on the phone with his friend his friend also has the totally straight face and it looks wrong not intentional. MC expresses his feelings at times like when seeing his naked sister (was it his sister? not sure which one it was now) but his face almost never reflects it. So there is a possibility dev meant it that way I just don't believe it personally or dev didn't do a great job expressing it.

Oh and btw at my age I have lost more than one person including my wife of 27 years and my last car Audi TTrs was wrote off after a truck driver t-boned me at a junction having failed to stop on a red.. none of this removed my feelings, being mad, being angry and the like are also feelings. I also thought about what you are saying I just dont believe thats why even with the title "time heals" I dont expect him to be full of joy just yet but unless he has big mental issues he should still express some emotions.

Last edited:

Ohvidente

Feb 20, 2024
Oh I understand completely but I still stand by what I said. Its not just mc either when mc is on the phone with his friend his friend also has the totally straight face and it looks wrong not intentional. MC expresses his feelings at times like when seeing his naked sister (was it his sister? not sure which one it was now) but his face almost never reflects it. So there is a possibility dev meant it that way I just don't believe it personally or dev didn't do a great job expressing it.

Oh and btw at my age I have lost more than one person including my wife of 27 years and my last car Audi TTrs was wrote off after a truck driver t-boned me at a junction having failed to stop on a red.. none of this removed my feelings, being mad, being angry and the like are also feelings. I also thought about what you are saying I just dont believe thats why even with the title "time heals" I dont expect him to be full of joy just yet but unless he has big mental issues he should still express some emotions.

I'm sorry for your loss.

But talking about MC, his reaction after losing his mother to cancer and then his father committing suicide is considerable, not to mention that this car accident must have taken away something he loved, I don't know if it was related to sports like boxing or someone close to him have lost movement. I think it would be strange in these circumstances, at just 19 years old, for him to show so many feelings.

ADAMS Owl`s

Game Developer
Apr 7, 2023

My condolences for your loss. :cry:

The main character is trying to show some emotions, but it's difficult for him because of the constant reminder in his mind about a pivotal past.

It's also important to consider that everyone has an individual character and reacts differently to such situations. The main character finds it much harder to cope with this.

CrumblePi

Jun 15, 2023
Nova.png (go support ADAMS)

Hey everyone! I'm excited to announce that I have started working on the second part of the first episode.

First of all, I want to express my immense gratitude for your support. It truly inspires me to continue working hard.
Now, to the point: most of the locations for the second part are ready, except for two. One is a unique place that Beatrice wants to take us to (if you agreed), and the other is the university location where we need to go to sign documents. In the future, I plan to conduct a survey to help choose the unique place. I have a few options in mind, but I can't decide on one yet.

I also plan to make some changes to the main menu. I intend to remove the Discord integration in the top left corner since many didn't like it (I just wanted to fill the empty space). The settings will include options to change the cursor, text size, and other small features for your convenience.

Overall, I plan to increase the number of renders from 500 to 700-800, but this will depend on the storyline development.
This part will include sexual content. I haven't worked on such content before, so the animation might take a lot of time to implement. However, the result is what concerns me the most. If it doesn't meet my standards, I might have to commission animations from others or use pre-made ones, which I'd prefer not to do.

Additionally, I plan to dedicate a few days to preparing content for paid subscribers. This could be short scenes or simple desktop wallpapers.
That's all for now. I'll see you when I have something to show. See you soon!

PushMyButton

Jan 22, 2023
Russian Russians were deceived by the author of the game that the game has a Russian language, but in fact there is no Russian language and, apparently, he is not going to fix this jamb, there is a button, but it does not work for you(n):cautious:

ADAMS Owl`s

Game Developer
Apr 7, 2023
Russian Russians were deceived by the author of the game that the game has a Russian language, but in fact there is no Russian language and, apparently, he is not going to fix this jamb, there is a button, but it does not work for you(n):cautious:
I specifically highlighted the button in red color that people would understand that it is inactive and moreover I did not deceive anyone and did not say that the game has a Russian translation.

PickerLewd

Dec 22, 2022
There is a rare bug in the options, which fortunately does not affect anything. It happens when you hover over some options without clicking on them, and they change color as if you're activating them, but it's just a visual bug. You can change or leave the menu and when you come back the bug will disappear.

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
dude, those are russians we are talking about (no kink shaming ofc) :WeSmart:
Dude, your and developer's difficulty understanding the basics of user interface design has nothing to do with race, nationality, or gender. You simply don't show non-functional UI elements. As simple as that.

The author screwed up with this non-functional button, but does not want to admit it. This is up to him. This is his game, let him draw a dick there if he wants. But why then try to insult people who sincerely do not understand, why the hell do you need a button that cannot be pressed.

Reactions: NebulousShooter

ADAMS Owl`s

Game Developer
Apr 7, 2023
Dude, your and developer's difficulty understanding the basics of user interface design has nothing to do with race, nationality, or gender. You simply don't show non-functional UI elements. As simple as that.

The author screwed up with this non-functional button, but does not want to admit it. This is up to him. This is his game, let him draw a dick there if he wants. But why then try to insult people who sincerely do not understand, why the hell do you need a button that cannot be pressed.
In UI/UX design, an inactive button is most often indicated by a red color, and I believe you understand this well. I have worked as a user interface designer for a long time, and I know what I'm talking about. I left the button intentionally as a hint that the Russian language is planned for the game but is temporarily unavailable.

Alright, there's a chance that the person doesn't understand how interfaces work. They might have written something like, "Why doesn't the Russian language button work?" and I would have gladly answered their question and explained why it doesn't work. But no, the person acted differently, called me a liar, and then left a review accusing me of being a liar again.

Reactions: AlexMpog

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
In UI/UX design, an inactive button is most often indicated by a red color, and I believe you understand this well. I have worked as a user interface designer for a long time, and I know what I'm talking about. I left the button intentionally as a hint that the Russian language is planned for the game but is temporarily unavailable.

Alright, there's a chance that the person doesn't understand how interfaces work. They might have written something like, "Why doesn't the Russian language button work?" and I would have gladly answered their question and explained why it doesn't work. But no, the person acted differently, called me a liar, and then left a review accusing me of being a liar again.
Man, an inactive button means that the functionality it activates is not available in the current ui mode. But it also implies that there is a mode exists in which this functionality becomes active. If the functionality doesn't exist in the application, you don't need a UI element for it.

Okay, you want to show that certain functionality is in development and will appear in new versions. To do this, you add an interface element in advance, which in the current version does nothing. So write “coming soon” next to it or show a tooltip when you hover your mouse over it. This is the expected behavior for most typical applications.

But somehow you expect users to guess that red buttons in your interface mean that they are non-functional elements and users should just ignore them. Well, you see how good it works.

EDIT: By the way, to the right of the language selection menu there is an "info" icon, right? Do I understand correctly that the letter "i" in a circle means "info"? Does this work or is it also "inactive"?

Last edited:

ADAMS Owl`s

Game Developer
Apr 7, 2023
Man, an inactive button means that the functionality it activates is not available in the current ui mode. But it also implies that there is a mode exists in which this functionality becomes active. If the functionality doesn't exist in the application, you don't need a UI element for it.

Okay, you want to show that certain functionality is in development and will appear in new versions. To do this, you add an interface element in advance, which in the current version does nothing. So write “coming soon” next to it or show a tooltip when you hover your mouse over it. This is the expected behavior for most typical applications.

But somehow you expect users to guess that red buttons in your interface mean that they are non-functional elements and users should just ignore them. Well, you see how good it works.

EDIT: By the way, to the right of the language selection menu there is an "info" icon, right? Do I understand correctly that the letter "i" in a circle means "info"? Does this work or is it also "inactive"?
An inactive button can also indicate that a feature will be implemented in the future and is not yet available in the current version of the interface. Adding such an element can inform users about upcoming updates and new capabilities. Including a label like "coming soon" or a tooltip is one way to achieve this, but it is neither the only correct approach nor an expected behavior. In some cases, adding an inactive button without additional information might be preferable to avoid cluttering the interface.

As for the "i" icon in the corner, it is primarily designed to attract the user's attention. In the future, it will provide information about who is the translator for a particular language.

4.20 star(s) 16 Votes