HydraHenker

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
HydraHenker previously the disrepancy between the choice of the mom and dr shem was solved by saying that the 3th doctor always votes with your mom
however currently there's a situation where you can have dr shem vote for sofie but your mom for either rosario or roger
hi, the third doctor always vote as your mom IF the discrepancy is between two women. If Shem or your mom choose Roger that guy is gone.

Cheers!

Reactions: weaselman

Murakami2099

Aug 27, 2018
We need markers for what we did already. I should always be able to see that this is the new option or that there is a new option further down this branch. There is too much repetition and we can't memorize all of this. Memorizing thousands of possible options and remembering which set of them you already clicked, and figuring out which option you already went through has a new option 5 steps down, is tedious and unfun. You just end up clicking through everything over and over, seeing the same things repeatedly, blindly flailing around trying to find something new while repeatedly saving and reloading. Making the game run on huge amounts of memorization is the worst possible way to use the time loop mechanic. You took the part people hate the most about Ren'py and made the whole game about that.

Reactions: p22

weaselman

Apr 6, 2018
We need markers for what we did already. I should always be able to see that this is the new option or that there is a new option further down this branch. There is too much repetition and we can't memorize all of this. Memorizing thousands of possible options and remembering which set of them you already clicked, and figuring out which option you already went through has a new option 5 steps down, is tedious and unfun. You just end up clicking through everything over and over, seeing the same things repeatedly, blindly flailing around trying to find something new while repeatedly saving and reloading. Making the game run on huge amounts of memorization is the worst possible way to use the time loop mechanic. You took the part people hate the most about Ren'py and made the whole game about that.
you do know that there's an ingame hint system and that you can look up what events you've already discovered sorted either by the specific girl or day?
hell, you can save your routes ingame so you can just jump to a situation inmediatly

p22

Jun 21, 2017
He does have a point, at least a bit.
If you stop playing this game for like several months and try to continue from where you have left, it is pretty bad experience.

I would also add IMHO, that there should be UI element added to the game that would track fun points you already collected (and how you collected them).

RoughlySpecific

May 27, 2020
Eh, the in-game hint system is not always helpful. For me, the "what should I do next" always says I should check out the demonstration. Not wanting to bother with systematically testing out every combination of actions for that was when I first took out the walkthrough, thinking it would get me past that tedious part and towards more exploration.

I followed the walkthrough as far as it went and never once did the in-game hint system stop telling me to check out the demonstration memories and go there with back-up. Even after missing only a single fun point and doing day 6 events as far as they go, the game still told me to check out the demonstration, just because I apparently didn’t 100% complete a part that didn’t affect anything else.

sho1223

May 28, 2017
It's odd that there's not a Matt route and cash the lottery ticket yourself to get in the nightclub paths yet. I'd think that'd be much easier than Zarina or drug dude.
Still I like the way the debate section worked out, where you had to go with all of the different partners to learn just a few more pieces of information through each of them. I just wish even one conversation was implemented in night club, as it sort of felt odd to go there only to rewind, 2 times. Also is it possible to just barely not get enough money that the 75 dollars from panties is worth it? Obviously helping cooper with drugs gets you 500 which goes with ticket money. Ticket money with Zarina can make it. But panties give 75 and the singular dose you get if you help with Alice (100) don't seem to be enough to ever add together. Maybe it's for some other wall where you need to do something like giving the ticket to the mom while also needing 50 dollars on day 6. I just don't see how 75 will ever be useful for getting into the club.

DorcasAurelia

Nov 17, 2018
It's odd that there's not a Matt route and cash the lottery ticket yourself to get in the nightclub paths yet. I'd think that'd be much easier than Zarina or drug dude.
Still I like the way the debate section worked out, where you had to go with all of the different partners to learn just a few more pieces of information through each of them. I just wish even one conversation was implemented in night club, as it sort of felt odd to go there only to rewind, 2 times. Also is it possible to just barely not get enough money that the 75 dollars from panties is worth it? Obviously helping cooper with drugs gets you 500 which goes with ticket money. Ticket money with Zarina can make it. But panties give 75 and the singular dose you get if you help with Alice (100) don't seem to be enough to ever add together. Maybe it's for some other wall where you need to do something like giving the ticket to the mom while also needing 50 dollars on day 6. I just don't see how 75 will ever be useful for getting into the club.
When you trade the lottery ticket for rent, it's mentioned in the dialogue that it will actually take some period of time to claim the actual lottery money, the money you get then is part of the arrangement the lawyer works out to balance the value of the prize money after taking rent into account.

$75 from panties, plus starting $45, plus 1 dose of GrogXD ($100) you keep from raiding the office building on your own after giving the rest to Matt, plus $300 from Matt for your cut of the profits for telling him what you know about the office building = $520, plus $500 from Zarina is $1020, so just enough to get into the nightclub and have a little left over to by the lottery ticket to help out Layla if you want to do both on a single timeline.

Alternatively, $75 from panties would allow you to give 1 dose of the 5 you steal from under Cooper's nose to Ayumi and still have enough to get into the nightclub after using the lottery ticket to pay rent and get the $500 back.

Also, the single dose you steal from the storage unit while helping Alice clean up won't matter for your money count, because Matt kills you for stealing from him on Day 3. That single dose is only used for making the concentration drug, which has 2 specific uses on Day 2, and that's it.

Last edited:

HydraHenker

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Eh, the in-game hint system is not always helpful. For me, the "what should I do next" always says I should check out the demonstration. Not wanting to bother with systematically testing out every combination of actions for that was when I first took out the walkthrough, thinking it would get me past that tedious part and towards more exploration.

I followed the walkthrough as far as it went and never once did the in-game hint system stop telling me to check out the demonstration memories and go there with back-up. Even after missing only a single fun point and doing day 6 events as far as they go, the game still told me to check out the demonstration, just because I apparently didn’t 100% complete a part that didn’t affect anything else.
hi,

The autohint will direct you to the hints. So you can ask CAS for a hint about : The demonstration.

There may be memories that don't get used later in game (yet). I eliminate a couple of those that I wasn't going to use . if you can send a print screen of the day 2 memory screen of the The demonstration I can take a look if there is a "not so useful" memory.

Cheers!

HydraHenker

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
The nightclub was just a sneak peek. That's the next big event and since several characters are in there I'm limiting the way you can enter.

Cheers!

RoughlySpecific

May 27, 2020
The autohint will direct you to the hints. So you can ask CAS for a hint about : The demonstration.

There may be memories that don't get used later in game (yet). I eliminate a couple of those that I wasn't going to use . if you can send a print screen of the day 2 memory screen of the The demonstration I can take a look if there is a "not so useful" memory.

Cheers!
I know about the various hints, and I’m sure I could find the missing combination in a couple of minutes of cross-checking and trying out solutions. It’s just that I never bothered to and never needed to. I think the hint said something about going there with backup.

HydraHenker

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
I know about the various hints, and I’m sure I could find the missing combination in a couple of minutes of cross-checking and trying out solutions. It’s just that I never bothered to and never needed to. I think the hint said something about going there with backup.
I think your screenshot got mixed. But for what you said I think the memory you're missing is:
"I go to the left side and after a fight with the police I get away."

That's when you take dana to the left side and the speech is normal.
also happens when you take dana to the left side and the speech is great and Georgia is on the left too.

Cheers!

Reactions: RoughlySpecific

Murakami2099

Aug 27, 2018
What we need are tags on the ingame options for example, on each choice:

Green circle: New option
Red circle: Old option, no new content accessible behind this
Yellow circle: old option, but follow the yellow circles for new content deeper down (indicated by green circle)

use similar symbology on the map locations.

Could use different shapes if worried about color blindness.

This would be much better than the current hint system, because you could see where new things are available without having to go in and out of the hint system over and over (and prevents the hint system getting stuck trying to guide you to the one option you didn't do that you keep not noticing because you can't remember what you already did, because it points out the new option). This would let you instantly check which options you have done already and instantly find which options lead to new content if you get stuck, rather than spending literal hours clicking around trying to find that one thing you have to remember you didn't click on before. Make it toggleable so people can only use it when they need it, so you are playing the game as designed but you don't end up endlessly redoing the same things over and over and writing out tons of selection trees trying to find the one thing you keep missing (which is the current experience). This can even be explained in game as CAS helping you out.

For the inevitable complaints about the game 'playing itself' you still have to track events and figure out sequences. This is here to say 'hey, this option wasn't here before notice me', or 'hey, you did this already but now there is a new option, go here instead of going down all 5 other possible branches that have nothing new on them first before you try this one again'.

Last edited:

RoughlySpecific

May 27, 2020
I think your screenshot got mixed. But for what you said I think the memory you're missing is:
"I go to the left side and after a fight with the police I get away."

That's when you take dana to the left side and the speech is normal.
also happens when you take dana to the left side and the speech is great and Georgia is on the left too.
Whoops. Fixed the screenshot. You’re right, though, that is the missing memory. Might do that when I next play the game, though that memory does not seem to be required for anything at the moment.

HydraHenker

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
What we need are tags on the ingame options for example, on each choice:

Green circle: New option
Red circle: Old option, no new content accessible behind this
Yellow circle: old option, but follow the yellow circles for new content deeper down (indicated by green circle)

use similar symbology on the map locations.

Could use different shapes if worried about color blindness.

This would be much better than the current hint system, because you could see where new things are available without having to go in and out of the hint system over and over (and prevents the hint system getting stuck trying to guide you to the one option you didn't do that you keep not noticing because you can't remember what you already did, because it points out the new option). This would let you instantly check which options you have done already and instantly find which options lead to new content if you get stuck, rather than spending literal hours clicking around trying to find that one thing you have to remember you didn't click on before. Make it toggleable so people can only use it when they need it, so you are playing the game as designed but you don't end up endlessly redoing the same things over and over and writing out tons of selection trees trying to find the one thing you keep missing (which is the current experience). This can even be explained in game as CAS helping you out.

For the inevitable complaints about the game 'playing itself' you still have to track events and figure out sequences. This is here to say 'hey, this option wasn't here before notice me', or 'hey, you did this already but now there is a new option, go here instead of going down all 5 other possible branches that have nothing new on them first before you try this one again'.
This is tricky. I'm doing this partially today. You get to an option situation (for example you see two options) if you unlock a memory that unlocks a new option on the same junction you will see the brain symbol lit up on that option (to highlight that is new.) Once you enter that option the next time you came to the same junction the brain symbol is blue.

This is using some of renpy features and invasive coding.
Now to chain options inside options to know if there is something ahead... That would be... extremely difficult.

I see what I can do.

Cheers!

HydraHenker

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Whoops. Fixed the screenshot. You’re right, though, that is the missing memory. Might do that when I next play the game, though that memory does not seem to be required for anything at the moment.
I'm going to take a look and see if a clean up is needed on the demo.

Cheers!

3.10 star(s) 81 Votes