Alextsai

May 1, 2018
i gave up on this game long time ago, but knowing that IT IS a GOOD game , just waiting for the completed version as each update is just always FIXES

DanteRed

Oct 28, 2020
The game is called Time Loop Hunter. With a name like that having to repeat same paths with only minor variations to progress is not only expected but also the whole point of the game! Anyone considering it to be one of the "biggest problems" shouldn't really be playing a game with time loop as part of it's name to begin with...
Mate, the problem with this game is that it's too complex and frankly, it is a valid complaint that people have. Yes, it contains time loops and yes, it's supposed to contain variables.

But here's the most important thing, that a lot of you defenders seem to miss. It's a game. And, I don't know about you, but I want to have fun when playing a game. Not need a fricking instruction manual in order to figure out how to make progress.

And yes, I did play the game when it was around version 0.45. I tried to solve it on my own and with the hints in game and I did manage to make pretty decent progress until reaching day 3 and a bug that would keep the same hint on the phone, even though I did pass that point.

So I figured I should try the walkthrough, in order to progress, since I was out of ideas on what to do. Now imagine my shock when I saw 300 pages worth of game and what I did amounted to reaching page 20 or 30. So, while I respect the devs decision to make the game how he wants it, I also want to enjoy and have fun with it. And that fun goes out the window after the 5th attempt at a timeline, when things get more and more complicated.

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
Mate, the problem with this game is that it's too complex and frankly, it is a valid complaint that people have. Yes, it contains time loops and yes, it's supposed to contain variables.
Complaining that the game is complex is one thing, but that is not what the poster did. He complained that a game called Time Loop Hunter uses time loop mechanic to advance plot. He actually called it games biggest problem! Which is pretty much the equivalent of complaining that water is wet.

But here's the most important thing, that a lot of you defenders seem to miss. It's a game. And, I don't know about you, but I want to have fun when playing a game. Not need a fricking instruction manual in order to figure out how to make progress.
And what a lot of people complaining about the game being complex miss is that in order to get anywhere you have to actually take the time and read the text. If you just blindly click your way through and don't bother reading the text you will miss something important and get completely lost.

And yes, I did play the game when it was around version 0.45. I tried to solve it on my own and with the hints in game and I did manage to make pretty decent progress until reaching day 3 and a bug that would keep the same hint on the phone, even though I did pass that point.

So I figured I should try the walkthrough, in order to progress, since I was out of ideas on what to do. Now imagine my shock when I saw 300 pages worth of game and what I did amounted to reaching page 20 or 30. So, while I respect the devs decision to make the game how he wants it, I also want to enjoy and have fun with it. And that fun goes out the window after the 5th attempt at a timeline, when things get more and more complicated.
Following the WT was your mistake. The game is actually fairly simple to get through if you know what does what. And I'm not sure that following WT is helpful with that...

Pretty much, the only thing you should be using WT is to create Timelines. But even that is of lesser importance once you can start using Warp ability.

Lillibilli

May 31, 2017
1. having to retread the same paths with only minor variations to progress
2. cause and effect being seemingly unrelated, or being disproportionate
The second point makes it very difficult to have a mental map of what's happening in the game. The first one is just very annoying.
He complained that a game called Time Loop Hunter uses time loop mechanic to advance plot. He actually called it games biggest problem! Which is pretty much the equivalent of complaining that water is wet.
To be fair he also specified that the first was at most an annoyance, and for that part you are correct in pointing that out. (And actually it is a good point if one of the biggest problem is a mere annoyance)
His second point is entirely valid though, I often found myself into situations where either I wanted to investigate something or follow up and I couldn't because I didn't do another arbitrary and near completely unrelated thing.

The one example that comes to mind is the bomb, the narrative explicitly notes that strange stuff happens in the center of the manifestation but you can't actually go investigate until you get the right (and unintuitive) combination of people to drag you there first.
Though that particular one might have been fixed in recent versions.

Last edited:

Ghost''

Mar 17, 2021
Time Loop Hunter [v0.60.10] Unofficial Android Port + Galery Unlocker

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

My ports now have alternate save file, even if you uninstall the game your files will be safe in "Storage<Documents<RenPy_Saves" folder.

- 460mb.

You can also join my discord server for more ports and support me.

If you like my ports please support me for more. Tnxx.

Reactions: Thy4nd

YepperCause

Dec 23, 2017
And what a lot of people complaining about the game being complex miss is that in order to get anywhere you have to actually take the time and read the text. If you just blindly click your way through and don't bother reading the text you will miss something important and get completely lost.
The problem is that this game frequently works on adventure game logic, where things that are immediately obvious to the player don't become obvious to the MC/options don't become available until a frankly meaningless conversation happens or the MC sees something vaguely related. Additionally, the complexity after a certain point is just too great, especially given the above; you need to get one event on day six with one party that breaks into the corporate event to unlock another event on day six that requires a different party that requires the demonstration to go differently to unlock a different event with the cops on day six that requires you to have worked with them all along all to learn that this drug that keeps popping up and which the MC has been told multiple times has connections to everything in the story has something to do with the story so you can open options to investigate the drug in different timelines. And then you replicate this hundreds of times. The problem isn't following the story, it is following the artificial limitations on the MC's knowledge/actions that the dev dreamed up.

Bloodguard

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2021
Something kind of crazy. I just realized I started this game about the same time as Man of the House and Melody. Those games are long since complete, and this one seems to have not made much progress at all. :cry:
That and it makes the grind in Foot of the Mountains and Big Brother seem like a walk in the park. :poop:
Kudos with the Dev for sticking with it though. Hope it's finished someday. (y)

DanteRed

Oct 28, 2020

Following the WT was your mistake. The game is actually fairly simple to get through if you know what does what. And I'm not sure that following WT is helpful with that...

Pretty much, the only thing you should be using WT is to create Timelines. But even that is of lesser importance once you can start using Warp ability.
Oh, don't give me that. We both know that this is a long game, with many characters. At some point, one will be overwhelmed with too much information, especially with how many tiny variables there are. Plus, I'm sure that most of us played this game normally, trying to figure out the mystery.

And, following the WT was my mistake? Excuse you? Did you not read the part where I said that I encountered a bug and had no way to figure out what my next move was supposed to be? Or did you conveniently ignore that part? Pray tell, what was I supposed to do?

Astriedax

May 15, 2017
How to unlcok the gallery?
The link above doesn't download anything, opens a new page that nothing can be done with it.
I enabled the console, typed the command written above, doesn't work.

GreenGobbo

Oct 18, 2018
Holy shit, this game is *still* going on?

It was one of the first games I found on this site. Thought for sure it would have been abandoned or completed a long ass time ago.

Reactions: Bloodguard

SirTwist

Nov 5, 2017
I nearly deleted the current version of this game to download the current version, until I realized that the walkthrough takes a while to update to the new version. The walkthrough helps far more than in game hints. The reason is, you can miss something using hints, and don't realize it until you have to do X with X person, and because you didn't do step C way back when, you pretty much buggered the game. The game is hard, and you are meant to go through the days as many times as necessary to get to where you need to be when you do X. For instance, you need to let Dana get hit by the car in order to have more play time with Mia, at the house. As well as other events there. And yes, going over the same day, the same steps, is important to the game. It is Time Loop Hunter. Not a visual novel you just click this or that to progress the story, or a RPGM game, where you walk all over, and do one thing or another, then walk more, and do something there, ad nauseum. So, if you want an easy game, go play Fake Lay on Steam.

Jash83

Jun 8, 2019
Don't really feel like downloading a whole new version (3gb worth) for just 2 bugfixes and a couple of grammar corrections. Don't suppose anyone could just provide an update patch that can be pasted over 0.60.00?

p22

Jun 21, 2017
The problem is that this game frequently works on adventure game logic, where things that are immediately obvious to the player don't become obvious to the MC/options don't become available until a frankly meaningless conversation happens or the MC sees something vaguely related. Additionally, the complexity after a certain point is just too great, especially given the above; you need to get one event on day six with one party that breaks into the corporate event to unlock another event on day six that requires a different party that requires the demonstration to go differently to unlock a different event with the cops on day six that requires you to have worked with them all along all to learn that this drug that keeps popping up and which the MC has been told multiple times has connections to everything in the story has something to do with the story so you can open options to investigate the drug in different timelines. And then you replicate this hundreds of times. The problem isn't following the story, it is following the artificial limitations on the MC's knowledge/actions that the dev dreamed up.
I really feel the game lacks having something like a quest list, instead of just hints, where you could track current active objectives you want to get solved, and show any active knowledge that the player is aware of, written down like a diary.

I mean, the current hint system feels almost like a quest list, with some reorganizing and extra clarify it would be probably possible to do something like that.

Trussetyv

Aug 8, 2018
complete walktrough 0.60.00
In your walkthrough, Demonstration, Starting on Line 304, there is no way to perform 312. (You never get the option to ask her anything else since this is the Morning of Day 1 and technically Georgia does not know you from Adam) Something is missing prior to this that opens the option. You can choose to ignore this, but it is unknown to players when this will impact them.

hakulaku97

Mar 13, 2019
In your walkthrough, Demonstration, Starting on Line 304, there is no way to perform 312. (You never get the option to ask her anything else since this is the Morning of Day 1 and technically Georgia does not know you from Adam) Something is missing prior to this that opens the option. You can choose to ignore this, but it is unknown to players when this will impact them.
it is not "my" walktrough, it is from the dev of this game. i just rip his stuff adn post it here

3.10 star(s) 81 Votes