Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
Actually, I have locked myself out of content. Last time through it was the hospital sections. Could only pick two choices out of three you were supposed to have as to whom for your mother to fire. Time before was something else. So, yeah, save at every decision. And that was with a step by step walkthrough. Couldn't go back because I didn't save earlier. Missed one thing, exactly one thing, and locked. Hard lock. So, save often, save a lot, and just save.
No, you locked yourself from choices in THAT time loop... but all you needed to do is either go back a day (by asking CAS for partial reset) or ask CAS for full reset. Hell, there is even built in option to go back to earlier time slot within a day so you don't have to replay entire day to see different options. There is absolutely no hard lock of anything in this game! So there is no need to saving a lot or often... saving as you'd normally do with any other game is just fine.

But your bigest mistake: blindly following step-by-step walktrough without paying attention to what is happening and what is said... that is an absolute recipe for disaster and getting lost in this game.

Reactions: Jash83

p22

Jun 21, 2017
One issue with relying on saves is that you could miss a "knowledge unlock" you did before by reverting to an older save. And then get confused about why something does not work that worked before because you missed doing that important specific thing.

What I use saves, for now, is just for getting to interesting scenes for replay. At least for stuff that is not available in the reply gallery.

SirTwist

Nov 5, 2017
Okay, let me see here. I proved earlier that there is a hard lock on the opening of the game. and there are other hard locks on places, as well. You have to progress the story to reach those places. And you save during conversations, so that you don't miss out on what is going on in that thread. Again, there are hard locks, and there is very little to recover from them. I have tried full reset, changing time lines and full reset, and still locked at the end. This is the need for both a walkthrough, and saving.

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
Okay, let me see here. I proved earlier that there is a hard lock on the opening of the game. and there are other hard locks on places, as well. You have to progress the story to reach those places. And you save during conversations, so that you don't miss out on what is going on in that thread. Again, there are hard locks, and there is very little to recover from them. I have tried full reset, changing time lines and full reset, and still locked at the end. This is the need for both a walkthrough, and saving.
I don't think you understand what hard lock means... yes, there is content that is locked until you progress the story but that does not mean that content will never be unlocked. It simply mean you haven't figured out what you need to do in order to unlock it.

And saves can't help you with that. Honestly, neither do full reset, changing timelines or anything else. Once again, unless you actually take the time to read what is going on, you'll get lost easily because you will not understand what is going on and what you need to do. And you won't be able to get unstuck because any hint game gives you won't mean anything to you...

Walktrough only serves to streamline your progress and makes you get through everything with least amount of resets... but it's absolutely not necessary to see everything. In fact, blindly following walktrough can make the game even harder because if you miss a step somewhere you'll almost certainly miss unlocking a memory you'll need to progress in the game.

Val72

May 22, 2019
I enjoyed this game a long time ago, too bad there is no more recent version for android ...

p22

Jun 21, 2017
Is it just me or rollback to the previous dialog does not work with the current game version?

Or maybe I am missing something obvious?

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
I don't think rollback ever worked... if it did you probably turned it on with unren or something similar to it.

That said, I'm not sure that it's needed since you are supposed to try out every option anyways using resets or going back a time slot option.

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
im missing cas outfit 5, 8 and 10 does anyone know how to get them
5 should be Naked Christmas so you need to take a sleeping pill while she wears normal Christmas outfit.
8 should be Bikini... for that you need to take sleeping pill while she wears Maid outfit (which should be #7)
10 is Patreon exclusive outfit celebrating Argentina winning WC so it's possible it isn't included in "public" version (which is what the version posted here is)

DavyDaoist

Jun 12, 2020
The walkthrought needs an update I’m stuck at the list of event to charm Benson after escaping thé lab, once you got the info from Georgia and Alice parts.

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
The walkthrought needs an update I’m stuck at the list of event to charm Benson after escaping thé lab, once you got the info from Georgia and Alice parts.
What do you mean by "walkthrought needs an update"? There is an updated WT (well, updated to version 62.x) posted on previous page that covers everything happening in Pied Pipers base (where you end up if you go to Alice, Benson and Georgia).

Yes, WT need updating to version 63.x but that is not what you need to solve your problem... the one posted is all you need.

Smartie

Dec 20, 2017
I have mist a step somewhere. At fancy party step 20, party isn’t seen om the map. One period further it is but then it says that i didn’t contacted lisa. Does anyone know what i have mist?

DavyDaoist

Jun 12, 2020
What do you mean by "walkthrought needs an update"? There is an updated WT (well, updated to version 62.x) posted on previous page that covers everything happening in Pied Pipers base (where you end up if you go to Alice, Benson and Georgia).

Yes, WT need updating to version 63.x but that is not what you need to solve your problem... the one posted is all you need.
Followed it, didn’t work.

vimmers

Engaged Member
Aug 12, 2017
Followed it, didn’t work.
there is 2 walkthroughs on previous page
search after this in the pdf walk
i think it's this you missing
it's under PIED PIPER BASE
208 Go to Timeline NORMAL SPEECH 2
209 *** DAY 3 ***
210 Warp from this day

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
I have mist a step somewhere. At fancy party step 20, party isn’t seen om the map. One period further it is but then it says that i didn’t contacted lisa. Does anyone know what i have mist?
Keep in mind that there are two parties on Day 4: one is a Fancy Party that is taking place in the Evening and the other is a Stripper Party (called simply Party on the Map) that is taking place at Night. Two parties each have their own location and things needed to do in order to unlock.

Since you don't get Fancy Party location to show up on your map, you most likely missed talking to Trish on Day 5 where she tells you about service entrance door you can pick in order to enter (steps 246-250 of "Fair Part 2 + Massage" section of WT).

Reactions: vimmers

p22

Jun 21, 2017
I think the biggest issue with the hint system currently, IMHO is that sometimes it will give you a hint that you can not use, due to some other prerequisites locking you out.

I've seen this often with "what should I focus on next" and "I need hint" -> "Fun points".

For example, before I got 2nd level of persuasion (getting from joining Hannah's class), it would often give clues about stuff that is impossible to do until getting that 2nd persuasion skill point.

"One of the main characters" and "One of the days" options are in much better shape and rarely have this issue. One problem I have with them is that they often spoil the story. Giving you topics that the player did not yet even encounter. Then when asking about them telling you to advance other parts of the story. Why even have them present as a topic, if currently locked out??? It just makes it difficult to find out topics on which you can actually act out currently.

Reactions: vimmers

Jash83

Jun 8, 2019
Seriously, what the fuck is WRONG with this game?! As I already mentioned (to no reaction), the game simply isn't working any more. I try to open it and my PC thinks for a second and then goes "Hmm, nope!" and that's it. I simply CANNOT get it to run. I even deleted it and downloaded a fresh copy, and it worked- eventually. But once I finished playing again and closed the game, the next time I tried to run it again it was just as broken as before. I'm not going to redownload the entire fucking game every single time I want to play it!

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
Seriously, what the fuck is WRONG with this game?! As I already mentioned (to no reaction), the game simply isn't working any more. I try to open it and my PC thinks for a second and then goes "Hmm, nope!" and that's it. I simply CANNOT get it to run. I even deleted it and downloaded a fresh copy, and it worked- eventually. But once I finished playing again and closed the game, the next time I tried to run it again it was just as broken as before. I'm not going to redownload the entire fucking game every single time I want to play it!
I had a similar problem with another Ren'py game... the solution is to delete persistent files.

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
IDK what's up with your game, sorry, but is anyone else getting sent back to the main menu on the Muffarini path after you unlock the VIP room? Like you don't have any options to do anything but go back past a certain point, and then eventually you crash out of your save completely. I haven't touched the game in days cuz of it and I'm frankly not in the mood to bugfix this game as the jumps are maddening to figure out.

vimmers

Engaged Member
Aug 12, 2017
I had a similar problem with another Ren'py game... the solution is to delete persistent files.
and that's in both places
1. the game folder TimeLoopHunter-0.63.10-pc\game\saves
and
2. C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\TimeLoopHunter

also make sure you have to long path to the game
best is if it looks like this
C:\TimeLoopHunter-0.63.10-pc

3.10 star(s) 81 Votes