and that's in both places
1. the game folder TimeLoopHunter-0.63.10-pc\game\saves
and
2. C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\TimeLoopHunter

also make sure you have to long path to the game
best is if it looks like this
C:\TimeLoopHunter-0.63.10-pc
I don't understand. Delete WHAT files?

SURELY you can't possibly be telling me to delete MY SAVE FILES? And what, start over from the beginning EVERY time I want to play? That can't be it.

vimmers

Engaged Member
Aug 12, 2017

SURELY you can't possibly be telling me to delete MY SAVE FILES? And what, start over from the beginning EVERY time I want to play? That can't be it.
u didn't read ripes reply to you
no not the save files but there are a persistent file
in those 2 locations

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017

in those 2 locations
Yea the only thing you'll lose is your achievements. Everything else will be fine. Unfortunate, but better to have the game work. Also, don't delete them. Move them to another folder first to see if it works. Sometimes, it does work and you can maybe move your old persistents back and they'll work, sometimes your old persistents will just break the game again and you'll have to make due with new ones. Usually data that's stored in persistents is like your volume options, fullscreen status, sometimes name and age variables for replays, actually unlocked replays as well. But those are all easily unlocked again from your actual saves. Also there's a cheat option to unlock replays again I think.

Jash83

Jun 8, 2019
in those 2 locations
Oh, the file is LITERALLY called "persistant" and nothing else. Didn't see that coming. I thought it was some kind of persistant file that hadn't been specified.

Doesn't matter. Did it and it made absolutely no difference anyway. Game is still borked.

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
Oh, the file is LITERALLY called "persistant" and nothing else. Didn't see that coming. I thought it was some kind of persistant file that hadn't been specified.

Doesn't matter. Did it and it made absolutely no difference anyway. Game is still borked.
That is weird... usually when Ren'py game start loading and then simply crashes it's due to persistent file being corrupt so removing it from both locations works just fine. Like I said, I had that problem with few other Ren'py games and removing persistent worked every time.

Just for the record, you did delete persistent file in BOTH locations? Because removing it from just one of them won't do anything...

Reactions: vimmers

Jash83

Jun 8, 2019
That is weird... usually when Ren'py game start loading and then simply crashes it's due to persistent file being corrupt so removing it from both locations works just fine. Like I said, I had that problem with few other Ren'py games and removing persistent worked every time.

Just for the record, you did delete persistent file in BOTH locations? Because removing it from just one of them won't do anything...
I cut and pasted them out of the respective folders rather than deleting them (so I could restore them when it didn't work) but yes, I did them both at the same time. No effect.

Weird thing, though, on a hunch I deleted the entire game folder and redownloaded it again. This time it ran, although it stopped responding and ended up completely locking up my PC so I couldn't even force quit it or alt-tab out to anything else, until I was forced to power reset. I thought it had completely bricked my PC at one point, but it eventually managed to restart. Now it just straight-up works normally. No damn idea what this whole thing has been about.

Gerlach

Feb 4, 2023
I think the biggest issue with the hint system currently, IMHO is that sometimes it will give you a hint that you can not use, due to some other prerequisites locking you out.

I've seen this often with "what should I focus on next" and "I need hint" -> "Fun points".

For example, before I got 2nd level of persuasion (getting from joining Hannah's class), it would often give clues about stuff that is impossible to do until getting that 2nd persuasion skill point.

"One of the main characters" and "One of the days" options are in much better shape and rarely have this issue. One problem I have with them is that they often spoil the story. Giving you topics that the player did not yet even encounter. Then when asking about them telling you to advance other parts of the story. Why even have them present as a topic, if currently locked out??? It just makes it difficult to find out topics on which you can actually act out currently.
I found that often, I had to look for hint on advancing the story to get the prereq events.

Reactions: p22

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
Guys tell the Dev to fix bug and wait for release bugfix version
What bug? How can dev release a bugfix version if you don't also say what needs fixing... not to mention that dev most likely don't come here anymore following a conflict few months ago.

Sōsuke Aizen

Jan 29, 2019
What bug? How can dev release a bugfix version if you don't also say what needs fixing... not to mention that dev most likely don't come here anymore following a conflict few months ago.
Bugfix is not for me. For The guys above of my comment. I have no problem with this game

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
Bugfix is not for me. For The guys above of my comment. I have no problem with this game
OK, but if you talk about a game not starting, there is nothing dev can do about that... that issue is on Ren'py and his permanent file getting corrupted (possibly due to something unrelated that guy did).

Reactions: Sōsuke Aizen

Sōsuke Aizen

Jan 29, 2019
OK, but if you talk about a game not starting, there is nothing dev can do about that... that issue is on Ren'py and his permanent file getting corrupted (possibly due to something unrelated that guy did).
Yeah i hope he see your comment

redking84

Jul 10, 2019
so I'm going to feel real stupid if I missing something obvious but how do you get past day two because every time at night in day two when you go to sleep that woman wakes you up and I can't figure out how to get past her

XulOnTuesday

Aug 7, 2022
so I'm going to feel real stupid if I missing something obvious but how do you get past day two because every time at night in day two when you go to sleep that woman wakes you up and I can't figure out how to get past her
That's the first major obstacle. You won't be able to get past her easily. Ask CAS for hints with other stuff, and eventually a plan will fall into place.

Yuura

Feb 23, 2019
I opened Carson but in the morning of 3 days there is no choice in the dialogue with Claire. How open it
It seems like this is still a problem.

Edit: It's not. You have to finish the day or else CAS won't give you the idea to talk to Claire. I don't think that's in the walkthrough, and that's not intuitive at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Karlomat
3.10 star(s) 81 Votes