ITRoy

Game Developer
Dec 24, 2017
Well judging by the amount of people asking for saves I am not the only one. I just checked and that is infact what happened maybe I didn't have the space to copy the saves and instead they just deleted them.

I ran the previous version to check and all of them are gone.
Nah, that ain't it. No issues here with saves. People always want saves if they are a few versions behind so they don't have to go to the trouble of experiencing the story they missed. I mean, can you imagine the absolute horror of that experience? *shudders*

trumpthatbitch

Jun 23, 2017
Nah, that ain't it. No issues here with saves. People always want saves if they are a few versions behind so they don't have to go to the trouble of experiencing the story they missed. I mean, can you imagine the absolute horror of that experience? *shudders*
Well I had a real issue with saves it looks like I'll have to restart (I don't want someone elsees playthrough) from scratch I also noticed there are now two VNENGINE folders one in locallow and one in local. Local low used to be the old location

Xanado

May 9, 2018
Well I had a real issue with saves it looks like I'll have to restart (I don't want someone elsees playthrough) from scratch I also noticed there are now two VNENGINE folders one in locallow and one in local. Local low used to be the old location
The ones in local low contains unity settings and log files. Local for the saves and gamesettings.

Foestyr

Feb 15, 2020
My opinion for the game is again fantastic!
Yeah...a little bit new scenes for.this update but slowly and surely ;)

My favorite "little minx" are: Heather, Veronika, Candice, Gaz and Piper

And MILF's are:
Mrs. Lorraine, The Dean Jennifer, Mrs. Delington, Mrs. Wonderwood and Mrs. Julliana of course :love::love::love:

I can't wait more "action" with Candice,Piper,Mrs. Wonderwood, Mrs. Delington,Prof. Hurley,Jasmine

Anyway great work guys

Reactions: Motkeyz

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
So it looks like Motkeyz coded a new save location from LocalLow to Local but deleted the saves instead of just migrating them. Why would anyone code that way I dunno but now all my saves are gone. i would encourage anyone to backup their saves prior to running the new game version
This is simply not true. It's always been using the windows environment variable %LocalAppData% or which is AppData/Local, The LocalLow folder is used by unity automatically to put in client logs, so there exists VNGINE folder but it has nothing to do with the saves, but "Local" contains the folders i set up specifically for saves and game settings.

I have not even touched this save and load system location since Chapter 2 start, when i also added the "Legacy Load" which in itself is an automatic system that basically lets you load from the Chapter 1 save folder so...

Here is a snippet out of the game code that specifies save location variables:
Code:
        LocalAppData = System.Environment.GetFolderPath(System.Environment.SpecialFolder.LocalApplicationData) + "/VNGINE/Timestamps Lost Love/Saves/";
        LegacyLoadDirectory = System.Environment.GetFolderPath(System.Environment.SpecialFolder.LocalApplicationData) + "/VNGINE/Timestamps Unconditional Love/Saves/";
It literally can't get more specific than that...

joypinse

May 5, 2018
i tried single and with bacon still there is a scenes missing after beach part1 beach part2 called different path
there seems to be a bug with unlocking the scenes in the replay as i loaded an older save and now everything
is unlocked!

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Well judging by the amount of people asking for saves I am not the only one. I just checked and that is infact what happened maybe I didn't have the space to copy the saves and instead they just deleted them.

I ran the previous version to check and all of them are gone.
I am unfamiliar with how Unity programs preserve saves, but I can tell you one thing, no download of any program copies saves from anywhere. Nor do they contain your previous saves. Nor does extracting a zip file execute any code whatsoever.

There is a location on your computer where saves are stored. The program goes to that location to get your previous saves (and stores them there when you make new ones). I have seen problems occur where mods are used, or where the links on F95 comes from a different upload platform (i.e SubscribeStar one time and Patreon another).

I can be specific as to where this game's saves are currently stored. On my Windows system, they can be found at:
c:/Users/<my username>/AppData/Local/VNGINE/Timestamps Lost Love

So, unless you have deleted them, they should still be there.

I know that in Ren'Py, saves are stored in two places, within the downloaded game's folder itself, and in the program's designated save location. Perhaps Unity only uses the one place, since if there is a save location with the game, I don't recognize it.

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
I am unfamiliar with how Unity programs preserve saves, but I can tell you one thing, no download of any program copies saves from anywhere. Nor do they contain your previous saves. Nor does extracting a zip file execute any code whatsoever.

There is a location on your computer where saves are stored. The program goes to that location to get your previous saves (and stores them there when you make new ones). I have seen problems occur where mods are used, or where the links on F95 comes from a different upload platform (i.e SubscribeStar one time and Patreon another).

I can be specific as to where this game's saves are currently stored. On my Windows system, they can be found at:
c:/Users/<my username>/AppData/Local/VNGINE/Timestamps Lost Love

So, unless you have deleted them, they should still be there.

I know that in Ren'Py, saves are stored in two places, within the downloaded game's folder itself, and in the program's designated save location. Perhaps Unity only uses the one place, since if there is a save location with the game, I don't recognize it.
You could technically speaking throw everything you know about unity out the window in this case because while unity could also use built in playerprefs ways to store saves either in the registry or in LocalLow or other locations with built-in support, in this instance for this game it's a completely custom built save system with its own file format, designated location etc. It totally depends on what the developer does with Unity or C#.

We used to store the save files inside the game client back in the beginning of chapter 1, then some people complained that they deleted them when they downlaoded new versions (or it was a hassle to copy them over). Thats when I introduced the persistent save file location somwhere in mid chapter1. Thats when we started using AppData/Local aka %LocalAppData%.

I wanted first to keep save files both in the game folder and in the persistent location however after a trial run it seemed more confusing to people than not, also it does use twice the harddrive space, even as you say, thats how ren'py has been doing it (Indeed they save it in LocalAppData and a copy In the game folder itself).

When we switched the location of save files I wrote code to specifically detect and migrate saves to the new location automatically and inform the player with popups ingame of the new location. I think at least we've been one of the few people that has had constant save support throughout the game development. Granted we have had some bugged Day 1 releases that were then mended later (and code added to detect and repair saves of people that have been botched). End of chapter 1 saw some significant performance upgrades to the save system hence we forced people to have to start over there, then we continue to use this same format in chapter 2 without any problems. We really do take peoples spare time seriously, we dont force people to replay the entire game every update, we don't put grindy elements in the game and we sure as hell don't delete peoples saves :)

/A

Salt-T-Gamer

Jan 28, 2020
game dose not work.......freezes up after you enter your name,and if I try to load an old save it freezes up after a line of conversation.I am not talking about a save from chapter one,I mean these saves where from last update to chapter 2.

Last edited:

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
game dose not work.......freezes up after you enter your name,and if I try to load an old save it freezes up after a line of conversation.I am not talking about a save from chapter one,I mean these saves where from last update to chapter 2.
Nope. Apparently you are doing something wrong.

Either using an outdated unrated patch, extracted it (which you shouldn't), or something else on your side is going on.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
You could technically speaking throw everything you know about unity out the window in this case because while unity could also use built in playerprefs ways to store saves either in the registry or in LocalLow or other locations with built-in support,
In my case, I would only need a very small porthole... perhaps a crack in the wall would do.
I wanted first to keep save files both in the game folder and in the persistent location however after a trial run it seemed more confusing to people than not, also it does use twice the harddrive space, even as you say, thats how ren'py has been doing it (Indeed they save it in LocalAppData and a copy In the game folder itself).
I don't know. In my case the zip file and the game itself takes up over 7GB, while my save file is at only 7MB. Of course, this way I could delete everything and save that 7GB, and however much my other games take up [HAH!!! I have two external hard drives just for my games], and just rely on the system saves for my next download and play. But I like the ability to copy my previous saves to the new release. And I tend to spam saves [my save file for BaDIK is over 400MB].

At any rate, thank you for your thoughtful and comprehensive response. It is greatly appreciated. (y)

Reactions: Aesouh
4.60 star(s) 120 Votes