Mat Skyfire

Darth Skyfire
Donor
Jun 28, 2017
On some rare occasions (at specific times in the game) the game will become partially unresponsive. I can open the menu and dialog log, but the dialog won't progress. It's stuck. The first time it resolved itself after 5 or so tries, but not this time.
Known bug?

Edit: It appears saving at the time when the game becomes unresponsive and reloading from that point will resolve the issue. Earlier saves will result in the same issue every time.
I have the same issue, i suspect it's a spaghetti code or something like that. And it's usually in a specific part of the dialogue.
gpu also spikes to 99% at random times for no reason, usually it's at 10%....

EDIT - Seems to happen mostly in dialogues with animated characters

Last edited:
Reactions: puzzlex and splamo

splamo

Jun 26, 2018
I have the same issue, i suspect it's a spaghetti code or something like that. And it's usually in a specific part of the dialogue.
gpu also spikes to 99% at random times for no reason, usually it's at 10%....

EDIT - Seems to happen mostly in dialogues with animated characters
I'll add to this. Having the same issue. On PC and Mac. I'm kinda glad I'm not the only one seeing these kind of glitches.

Pryer

Oct 18, 2017
Just finished the first part and loved it. But because of my severe distaste of cliff hangers, I'm hesitant to play this part. By reading some of the updates, it sounds like this chapter might be close-ish to completion? Any recommendations?

puzzlex

Sep 19, 2021
This game is buggy as hell: animated dialogs freeze(text doesn't change and girls animation stops) at some point (if i fast forward through it - it doesn't freeze, but if i do it slowly, it freezes exactly on 3d dialog iteration from the beginning of the animated dialog and goes back to normal if step back to the 2d iteration with 'q' but freezes again on 'space' or 'unfreezes' when I press 'space' multiple times until after 'frozen' animated dialog is over). Sadly, the bug makes this game unplayable.

Last edited:

16Hanson

Apr 8, 2018
This game is buggy as hell: animated dialogs freeze(text doesn't change and girls animation stops) at some point (if i fast forward through it - it doesn't freeze, but if i do it slowly, it freezes exactly on 3d dialog iteration from the beginning of the animated dialog and goes back to normal if step back to the 2d iteration with 'q' but freezes again on 'space' or 'unfreezes' when I press 'space' multiple times until after 'frozen' animated dialog is over). Sadly, the bug makes this game unplayable.
The game works perfectly, buy yourself a decent PC and throw your Windows 98 PC out the window

puzzlex

Sep 19, 2021
The game works perfectly, buy yourself a decent PC and throw your Windows 98 PC out the window
You want me to buy a 'decent' pc for the sake of cheap animation, are you for real? I've played tons of games with better graphics without any problems (the first part of this game had no problems either). This kind of animation doesn't require a powerful pc, coding skills are the problem here. Even Tetris can choke your brand new pc if it's not written properly.
And just to be clear, it's win11 with the latest updates.

Last edited:
Reactions: NoRefund

splamo

Jun 26, 2018
I actually played this on my Windows 7 machine and it worked great. On Windows 11 and Mac Sonoma it's buggy af. In fact, I can't even SAVE on mac.

16Hanson

Apr 8, 2018
You want me to buy a 'decent' pc for the sake of cheap animation, are you for real? I've played tons of games with better graphics without any problems (the first part of this game had no problems either). This kind of animation doesn't require a powerful pc, coding skills are the problem here. Even Tetris can choke your brand new pc if it's not written properly.
And just to be clear, it's win11 with the latest updates.
Windows 11, like Windows 98, is a big pile of shit. You must be happy that the PC starts

16Hanson

Apr 8, 2018
Win11 has bugs, but they are minor and not too bothersome, overall it's a very stable and reliable OS, but that's beside the point, i'm talking about the game and its implementation here.
If I were you I would check my system because other players have no problems with Win 7 and this one is 15 years old!

puzzlex

Sep 19, 2021
If I were you I would check my system because other players have no problems with Win 7 and this one is 15 years old!
When you have problems with software you buy yourself a new pc and when you get a flat tire you buy a new car, I get it. It's obvious that you can't help, so please save your breath. I'd rather read a comment from someone who had the same/similar issue and managed to solve it, or at least something more useful than "check your system" or "buy a new pc" and if there's nothing to say, then just don't.

16Hanson

Apr 8, 2018
When you have problems with software you buy yourself a new pc and when you get a flat tire you buy a new car, I get it. It's obvious that you can't help, so please save your breath. I'd rather read a comment from someone who had the same/similar issue and managed to solve it, or at least something more useful than "check your system" or "buy a new pc" and if there's nothing to say, then just don't.
Well, just try to change the resolution of the graphics, maybe the graphics card can't do that much or your RAM is too small or there are a lot of options, I don't know your system.

4.60 star(s) 117 Votes