Deadlyreaper

Nov 20, 2017
Meh laggy and not a fan of the sounds/music.
I'll give it a further try.
so laggy is not at the game ..... otherwise the game has developed very well so far at the beginning I have a lot of scolds about the game (and rightly because it was just so badly done) but now it is so far really great but I'm so worried about the Zukunfg of the game after I've read what the old has said the grandfather

who also travels through time and then this fat nerd bacon (is really someone in the rl so ??) that would I like to finish you because he observed mom with the webcam and yeah I know this Bastard allows time travel but that should not stop us from stopping in it

Reactions: El bacca Del Chew

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Zukunft? the future of the game i get.
You lost me there, what you meant about the old dude/grandfather thing?
hahah.. this dude wrote his message in German and used Google to translate it 1:1. He is worried about Mr. Jones. In day 5 or 6 Mc talks to him and Mr. Jones tells MC to deliver an important message to Bacon (foreshadowing a possible tragedy *my speculation*).

Reactions: El bacca Del Chew

a.i.w.a.

Jun 15, 2018

Next release art is almost complete, couple pic left!! By the time here is beach preview pic

Like this game?
A team of developers is waiting for your support!

Shiva0067

Sep 3, 2017
Is it true that sister belong to dad? and do we have any chance to make her belong to us?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Well in MY twisted mind Veronika:

Not sure which of those ideas the crazy Devs will use. Of course we CAN look forward to more movie quotes and Bacon developing a DeLorean fetish and changing his name to Doc Brown. :)

Oops was that a spoiler???? :)

Just a thought

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
Can you pls. provide more information about your system: GPU, RAM, Windows version etc...
windows 10 v1803 build 17134.407
i7 3930k (3.2ghz)
16 gb corsair brand ram (no clue about timings)
game running from 150gb WD raptor

issue:
- images & videos load slow (waiting for scene change when sounds or large images are changed)
- text may be attributed wrong (i.e. MC saying something with Mom's name above it) when clicking fast or skipping
- sitting through animations is a pain in the arse but just skipping them could cause confusion when the video is referenced. they appear to run slowly.

- a design issue, but a prerendered video file would be preferable to in-engine runtime animation if its not already the case - but with seeker bar.

Motkeyz

TIMESTAMPS
Game Developer
Oct 21, 2017
i7 3930k (3.2ghz)

issue:
- images & videos load slow (waiting for scene change when sounds or large images are changed)
- text may be attributed wrong (i.e. MC saying something with Mom's name above it) when clicking fast or skipping
- sitting through animations is a pain in the arse but just skipping them could cause confusion when the video is referenced. they appear to run slowly.

- a design issue, but a prerendered video file would be preferable to in-engine runtime animation if its not already the case - but with seeker bar.
Probably related to you computer because im running that on a old 2500k here without any trouble! Its already video files that are running plus simple images ;)

Archimus

Jul 14, 2018
Looks interesting based on the description so far. Actually a game I'd support if it weren't through Patreon.
I'll check it out first before I say more but the idea of changing the past with all the butterfly effect stuff is definitely something I haven't seen before in any of these games - that is if I properly understood the description.
I'm hoping it isn't overly easy like some of the other games to get a "perfect" ending; it's been too long since I've played a game I'd actually want to replay to see different results but to be fair I do have a bad habit of downloading the walkthroughs if I see one and then if I have it, using it. That's on me.
Here's hoping for a truly unique and interesting take on the game genre!

Reactions: Abibliboop

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
i7 3930k (3.2ghz)

issue:

It's clearly your system that cause this problems, because I even play the game on a low-end laptop through a VM and do not experience this behavior. Maybe there is a driver or setting issue with your graphic card.

Nvida and AMD both offer analysis tools for their graphics cards, maybe those tools will find something.

The other day someone had a problem with animations in the Man of the House thread and he fixed it by installing K-Lite Codec Pack. Afterwards he reported, that he had broken windows codecs and K-Lite repaired them.

You could try this.

Good Luck!

Archimus

Jul 14, 2018
I've had a chance to play the game and so far I'm really enjoying it.
I'll bypass the standard small things like a grammar error here or there with words or punctuation because that's normal in projects, especially ones that aren't finished yet. I've only gotten to the moment in day 3 just after you return home for the final time while in the past to get to dinner (slightly past that but I didn't save).
First of all I'm loving the models in the game. Rather than over-the-top characters with tits bigger than their heads or thighs thicker than their waists, there are fairly realistic avatars representing each character and I must admit that the avatars seem to match the personality of each character as well - basically they're more believable and match the world and story so far. On average it's a good game visually with nice details here and there for each area and room and it was fun on the first day to find all the nooks and crannies where I can be an asshat and steal money from every member of the household before I've even met anyone. That's obviously perfectly fine in these games so relax!
The music is standard fare for the visual novel genre - basically I didn't notice it too much meaning it wasn't really bad or really good and fit well enough to support the gameplay. The small videos you reach are pretty good overall but could be better. It's mostly the slight animation glitches here and there that cause problems like the situation with Gaz in the park and the "blob" suddenly poking out of her collarbone, but when it comes to audio it's better and matches up well with the animations so that's a plus. Being able to mute them is also useful, as well as pushing stop to skip them should you be going through them again to check different decisions. I haven't tried the pause function but haven't had a need to for now.
Gameplay is the standard for most VN games but it's unfortunately very glitchy at times. Saving and loading are two things that make me worry every time I use the functions and trying to move back in the text also gives me pause. No matter where you save in a scene the loading will usually take you back to the beginning of the scene. I've saved at every decision but when I load the decision it pops me back to the beginning of the scene which means I have to skip it all to get back to the decision. Thankfully this isn't much of a problem but does make it seem like I'm "wasting time" (while playing a naughty visual novel one-handed...). Moving back in text I avoid completely because it's barely functional. Clicking it once usually does nothing and it can take two or three clicks for the option to even work, if at all, and when you reach the first line of text right after a decision then it stops and you can't back up past, or even to, a decision which is why it's useful to SAVE at every decision. The menus are also a bit glitchy at times and the fact you can't save in the "world map" before you enter an area is unfortunate.
Using Unity may seem like a bad idea to many people but I get the impression the developers have some interesting ideas they want to try to implement which wouldn't be easy or possible to do through something like Ren'Py.
*WARNING POTENTIAL SPOILERS AHEAD*
Story-wise, which is the part I've been most interested in, it's a great start for the game. Admittedly I haven't gone far through the game and can't get very far into the story as it's unfinished but that doesn't mean it isn't enjoyable in its current state. One of the most interesting parts is
Once I get further in the game and try different choices I'll be able to see if the earlier choices have big, small or no consequences on future events. So far the only consequences I've seen are text differences but again I haven't gotten too far into the story and that's important because at this rate this could very well be a long story which would be amazing to see. However, taking that into account, I'm extremely curious to see how this develops as it's a very interesting idea. It makes me think of the movie Project Almanac or Butterfly Effect in some ways with the consequences not being fully known in the beginning but as far as I can tell, revealed more and more as you go on into the game which will make you wonder about start-game choices like I'm already doing. This will add great replay value if it's done properly with more open results and not just change a few small things in a narrow story ending with simple bad ends forcing you to make other choices to get the "true" ending. I admit that thought might be my wishful thinking at this stage in VN development in general but it's a nice thought.
Is it worth checking out overall? Yes. Would I suggest jumping in now? Yes and no. I worry I'll enjoy this game so much that an abrupt end before the next update will annoy and frustrate me or that I'll be sorely disappointed in my own lofty expectations that come out of personal assumptions based on nothing but the premise and overview causing me to lose interest. Keeping that in mind if you want a full game to enjoy (avoid any and all walkthroughs until your own first playthrough) then skip this one for now but watch it and check in from time to time. If you want to see something interesting and have more patience than I do then hop right in and decide if the premise is something you can enjoy.
I wonder if there will be a lewd patch? ;P
*EDIT* Found it! ;)

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
I've had a chance to play the game and so far I'm really enjoying it.
I'll bypass the standard small things like a grammar error here or there with words or punctuation because that's normal in projects, especially ones that aren't finished yet. I've only gotten to the moment in day 3 just after you return home for the final time while in the past to get to dinner (slightly past that but I didn't save).
First of all I'm loving the models in the game. Rather than over-the-top characters with tits bigger than their heads or thighs thicker than their waists, there are fairly realistic avatars representing each character and I must admit that the avatars seem to match the personality of each character as well - basically they're more believable and match the world and story so far. On average it's a good game visually with nice details here and there for each area and room and it was fun on the first day to find all the nooks and crannies where I can be an asshat and steal money from every member of the household before I've even met anyone. That's obviously perfectly fine in these games so relax!
The music is standard fare for the visual novel genre - basically I didn't notice it too much meaning it wasn't really bad or really good and fit well enough to support the gameplay. The small videos you reach are pretty good overall but could be better. It's mostly the slight animation glitches here and there that cause problems like the situation with Gaz in the park and the "blob" suddenly poking out of her collarbone, but when it comes to audio it's better and matches up well with the animations so that's a plus. Being able to mute them is also useful, as well as pushing stop to skip them should you be going through them again to check different decisions. I haven't tried the pause function but haven't had a need to for now.
Gameplay is the standard for most VN games but it's unfortunately very glitchy at times. Saving and loading are two things that make me worry every time I use the functions and trying to move back in the text also gives me pause. No matter where you save in a scene the loading will usually take you back to the beginning of the scene. I've saved at every decision but when I load the decision it pops me back to the beginning of the scene which means I have to skip it all to get back to the decision. Thankfully this isn't much of a problem but does make it seem like I'm "wasting time" (while playing a naughty visual novel one-handed...). Moving back in text I avoid completely because it's barely functional. Clicking it once usually does nothing and it can take two or three clicks for the option to even work, if at all, and when you reach the first line of text right after a decision then it stops and you can't back up past, or even to, a decision which is why it's useful to SAVE at every decision. The menus are also a bit glitchy at times and the fact you can't save in the "world map" before you enter an area is unfortunate.
Using Unity may seem like a bad idea to many people but I get the impression the developers have some interesting ideas they want to try to implement which wouldn't be easy or possible to do through something like Ren'Py.
*WARNING POTENTIAL SPOILERS AHEAD*
Story-wise, which is the part I've been most interested in, it's a great start for the game. Admittedly I haven't gone far through the game and can't get very far into the story as it's unfinished but that doesn't mean it isn't enjoyable in its current state. One of the most interesting parts is
Once I get further in the game and try different choices I'll be able to see if the earlier choices have big, small or no consequences on future events. So far the only consequences I've seen are text differences but again I haven't gotten too far into the story and that's important because at this rate this could very well be a long story which would be amazing to see. However, taking that into account, I'm extremely curious to see how this develops as it's a very interesting idea. It makes me think of the movie Project Almanac or Butterfly Effect in some ways with the consequences not being fully known in the beginning but as far as I can tell, revealed more and more as you go on into the game which will make you wonder about start-game choices like I'm already doing. This will add great replay value if it's done properly with more open results and not just change a few small things in a narrow story ending with simple bad ends forcing you to make other choices to get the "true" ending. I admit that thought might be my wishful thinking at this stage in VN development in general but it's a nice thought.
Is it worth checking out overall? Yes. Would I suggest jumping in now? Yes and no. I worry I'll enjoy this game so much that an abrupt end before the next update will annoy and frustrate me or that I'll be sorely disappointed in my own lofty expectations that come out of personal assumptions based on nothing but the premise and overview causing me to lose interest. Keeping that in mind if you want a full game to enjoy (avoid any and all walkthroughs until your own first playthrough) then skip this one for now but watch it and check in from time to time. If you want to see something interesting and have more patience than I do then hop right in and decide if the premise is something you can enjoy.
I wonder if there will be a lewd patch? ;P
*EDIT* Found it! ;)
Hi, as sent in DM thanks for the review,

Regarding this issue with loading saves in dialogue and ending up at the start of scene, including using last choice, this was reported earlier and it is fixed for next release. Unfortunately I couldn't release it as a P2 patch because of already working on other parts of the code that were not ready to be released.

This problem does not affect your saves files but just how the game started a scene after loading, so in next update this won't be an issue anymore and it will work as expected.

4.10 star(s) 236 Votes