Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
I haven't been saying much lately because I've been mega busy with the content migration and some tweaks. I still have a thing or two that I want to add as well to make it a nicer experience to play. :) Some screenshots should come out in the next day or two :)

Since i decided to make the game more sandboxy already for first version, its not simply just getting all the dialogue in like a long slideshow, it's a lot of setting up rooms, triggers, trackers, inventory items, progression trackers, different triggers on different situations etc :)

xenos87

May 2, 2017
I haven't been saying much lately because I've been mega busy with the content migration and some tweaks. I still have a thing or two that I want to add as well to make it a nicer experience to play. :) Some screenshots should come out in the next day or two :)

Since i decided to make the game more sandboxy already for first version, its not simply just getting all the dialogue in like a long slideshow, it's a lot of setting up rooms, triggers, trackers, inventory items, progression trackers, different triggers on different situations etc :)
I'm very much looking forward to seeing your engine and taking it out for a spin! I'm also curious about the export features built into this engine, especially with regards to extracting dialogue for proofreading and translation.

Reactions: Motkeyz

El bacca Del Chew

Apr 3, 2017
Since i decided to make the game more sandboxy already for first version
May i ask how it gonna be: will it be a several gameplay to see all the content or you'll be able to achieve all in one just in a different order (depending on the triggers you activate)

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
May i ask how it gonna be: will it be a several gameplay to see all the content or you'll be able to achieve all in one just in a different order (depending on the triggers you activate)
You're gonna have to do different choices, the main story does have variations in the outcome of scenes you see etc depending on how you deal with choices. If you follow a pattern some extra stuff pops up, however with the "go back to last choice" feature, you'll be able to try different outcomes if you want. From what I have migrated so far though content wise, if you skip watching some scene related to a character, you probably block yourself from seeing some certain things with that specific character, this is kind of a natural way for us to not force content on you that you didn't show any interest in. This will be expanded upon in the future though, to be more complex, as the towns unlock and we work more around item functionalities. That will take some time though, to get to that point in the story.

I'm very much looking forward to seeing your engine and taking it out for a spin! I'm also curious about the export features built into this engine, especially with regards to extracting dialogue for proofreading and translation.
The way I have built this engine, is very heavily relying on the actual dialogue files. So each scene is actually written in a very simple way that I made my engine understand, and the engine plays it out, a scene is a dialogue file, which very naturally contains all the things that could and should happen in a scene, you have the text, special effects, sound trigger, animation triggers, image changes, choices and all that written in a simple text format. All the rooms however require more hands on work, since i have to make and place clickable zones, click descriptions, and tons of other things. All the progression and most unlock stuff happens in the code based on events. :)

In short, the dialogue file contains the whole scene, however how it plays out and how you trigger it is in the code. I have databases keeping track of the things you do, and store that in the save files, This also makes it easy to send off for translation in the future, as it's not about "exporting". It just is in text format from the start:)

Last edited:

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Also worth noting that, just like in VNM, seeing certain scenes will unlock them in the CG album, if you haven't seen a specific variation, you won't be able to see it until you unlock it.

I will make this CG Album file work separately from regular save files, so actually it will always keep track of all your unlocks no matter what save you are in. If you have played the game once, you probably wont get all the unlocks, but starting over, or jumping back to other choices wont remove things from your CG Album that you already unlocked:)

Vosler

May 5, 2017
Hi guys.

On day 3 when the MC visits Bacon he talks to Heather and she offers to show him some black belt things. After he agrees it just jumps to Heather saying 'I loved this little show...' but there isn't any scene or anything.

The dialogue leads me to believe there is some kind of scene there but she doesn't say or do anything special. I am missing something there?

El bacca Del Chew

Apr 3, 2017
Hi guys.

On day 3 when the MC visits Bacon he talks to Heather and she offers to show him some black belt things. After he agrees it just jumps to Heather saying 'I loved this little show...' but there isn't any scene or anything.

The dialogue leads me to believe there is some kind of scene there but she doesn't say or do anything special. I am missing something there?
hi, nope you did not miss a scene, there's none. My first thought was a bad translation which create this missunderstanding, or my poor knowledge of english grammar finesse.
Can it be voluntary, a sort of time travel paradox...hmm.
Anyway, this scene needs re-writing indeed.

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
hi, nope you did not miss a scene, there's none. My first thought was a bad translation which create this missunderstanding, or my poor knowledge of english grammar finesse.
Can it be voluntary, a sort of time travel paradox...hmm.
Anyway, this scene needs re-writing indeed.
Can verify, I went into the VNM project to look, can't see anything happening around that line. I'll have to ask Motkeyz what's up :)

Motkeyz

TIMESTAMPS
Game Developer
Oct 21, 2017
Yar, I think our young developer is wrapped up in producing by a deadline and has yet to balance game development with community interaction. Let's give him a little time to grow into it.
:) We are active in the discord channel guys... let visit there!

4.10 star(s) 236 Votes