Wolfbeckett

Jul 25, 2020
Loving the game so far. Got a question though. If I agree to marry Kaylan is she going to be my only official wife, which is likely to piss off at the very least Aelinia? Or will actual polygamous marriage be a thing? I'm aware the dev has said it's a full harem game but does that mean only 1 wife and a bunch of concubines or will we be able to officially marry more than one of them? I've read through the last 15 or so pages of the thread and saw several people ask the same thing but no answer. Is the dev just not interested in clarifying how the cultural norms in Caudium work? Given that MC should know how marriage works in his own homeland and it's extremely relevant to game decisions it doesn't seem unreasonable for the players to be given this information.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Same as any kingdom ... nobody is yet to see any multiple wives count chockula walking around.
King has no harem .. you want harem, check out sultan inspired games like exiles.
Loving the game so far. Got a question though. If I agree to marry Kaylan is she going to be my only official wife, which is likely to piss off at the very least Aelinia? Or will actual polygamous marriage be a thing? I'm aware the dev has said it's a full harem game but does that mean only 1 wife and a bunch of concubines or will we be able to officially marry more than one of them? I've read through the last 15 or so pages of the thread and saw several people ask the same thing but no answer. Is the dev just not interested in clarifying how the cultural norms in Caudium work? Given that MC should know how marriage works in his own homeland and it's extremely relevant to game decisions it doesn't seem unreasonable for the players to be given this information.
Each princess is envious of the other siblings and want Mc 4 one self ...

Wolfbeckett

Jul 25, 2020
Same as any kingdom ... nobody is yet to see any multiple wives count chockula walking around.
King has no harem .. you want harem, check out sultan inspired games like exiles.

Each princess is envious of the other siblings and want Mc 4 one self ...
Well, the game will be a harem regardless of what the current king does or does not do. The dev himself has posted several times saying that the game is, in his words, a "full harem". My only question is if the official status of the women in the harem will be limited in some way, e.g. only one "official" wife type of scenario. If so I'd much prefer Aelinia to be the official wife over anyone else.

Reactions: Dororohot

Wolfbeckett

Jul 25, 2020
Actually, I think the game just answered my question for me. There's a line I just got to where the MC tells Marius that if he marries someone for political reasons it won't preclude him from taking another wife as well, so it does sound like marrying multiple women is not a problem in this kingdom. I guess I should have played the game all the way to the end of the current content before asking my dumb questions XD.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Well, the game will be a harem regardless of what the current king does or does not do. The dev himself has posted several times saying that the game is, in his words, a "full harem". My only question is if the official status of the women in the harem will be limited in some way, e.g. only one "official" wife type of scenario. If so I'd much prefer Aelinia to be the official wife over anyone else.
rotation, each is queen for a month.

• Haha
Reactions: Rory Smith
Aug 26, 2019

A productive render week. Good progress was made on renders, and I'm now well past the halfway point. If things continue at this pace, we will be in good shape. That is if I quit adding renders.
Had a few more challenging scenes this go around, but after a few tries, I got those figured out. Lighting is really coming together now consistently and without noise. It's very nice. I've still got some "mega" scenes left to render out, but there have been no major issues. It almost has me worried.
I see some of your requests for an ETA on the release. I wish I could give that, but we still have a bit too far to go. So many things can happen that I'd hate to give a rough estimate and be off. The old saying, "It will be ready when it's ready" is very true. However, you never know when a future dev update will have a release date. What I will continue to do is keep these updates coming, and let you all know when it goes to the beta testers. As always, the progress graphic on the Patreon front page will be updated weekly with these dev updates too. I'm adding it here too, so you don't have to track it down there.
Not much else to report at this stage. Renders continue to hum along, and I'm thankfully getting a few hours a day to setup renders. Postwork, additional coding, alpha and beta testing remain. Thank goodness the YouTube channel has plenty of new videos to post for the next few weeks. Look for a new early access video this weekend for patrons there. And if you aren't here for the videos, you'll have plenty of game previews.
Sorry if it feels like I'm hibernating a bit lately, but game development is definitely a bit of a crunch once you get in the zone. In the meantime, enjoy the many previews, and know that soon Chapter 6 will be out.

View attachment 1338837

-------
With the renders more than halfway through I would hope for a October update

Golden Trump

Jul 8, 2021
The game has beautiful renders with pretty LI's all that I found bad is how the MC looks. would have preferred a good looking young and muscular one rather than a guy who looks like he is in his 40s and LI's are in there 20's.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
The game has beautiful renders with pretty LI's all that I found bad is how the MC looks. would have preferred a good looking young and muscular one rather than a guy who looks like he is in his 40s and LI's are in there 20's.
there's "tiny" flaw on your logic and that is that MC IS FUCKING VETERAN GENERAL so he couldn't be 20 something and still have same merits.

Reactions: cib64

Golden Trump

Jul 8, 2021
there's "tiny" flaw on your logic and that is that MC IS FUCKING VETERAN GENERAL so he couldn't be 20 something and still have same merits.
Yeah i get that, all I am saying is MC cold have been a little good looking as of now he looks more like a poor middle aged peasant with a sorrowful face rather than a veteran general

Last edited:

Construct

Oct 31, 2018
Yeah i get that, all I am saying is MC cold have been a little good looking as of now he looks more like a poor middle aged peasant with a sorrowful face rather than a veteran general
I find the MC to be… tolerable? He is good enough to let me get immersed in the story. I don‘t even know how I would improve his face. I also shudder at the amount of renders that would need to be remade if ITRoy would remake the MC.

Reactions: cib64

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
he's handsome enuf for princesses etc and that's all that matters. besides peasant wouldn't have gotten anywhere near princesses unless he had stopped kdnapping but then story would been quite different.

Aug 26, 2019
If the dev wanted him to be younger he could easily come up with some bullshit like a mastermind who got promoted early but idc about he old or Young iam here for the Ladies

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
If the dev wanted him to be younger he could easily come up with some bullshit like a mastermind who got promoted early but idc about he old or Young iam here for the Ladies
same thing as on peasant's case aka he would have needed to rescue princess from kidnappers and story would been different.

DetroitAfterDark

Jun 11, 2021
great game, reminds me of Telltales game of thrones.. I see alot of people complaining about the mcs features, I agree they couldve made him better looking and slightly younger looking as well.. Not young like prince Maruis tho, we need a man after all not a boy

The girls are all great in their own way, but i chose to get betrothed to Kaylan so I'm not sure how that will pan out considering that MC is dating the princesses as well.. Will we reach a point where we'll decide who we'll settle with? I'm not sure but as of right now Kaylan takes the number 1 spot

3.90 star(s) 81 Votes