• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Den187

Jun 27, 2017
The moment I saw the option, and closed Valentinas path, was one of the happiest moments in my life ;)
Although Valentina is not my favorite character by appearance and behavior, but I couldn't close her path and break her heart... After the refusal even I can feels her pain, so I returned back and accepted her proposal. Her character is interesting too, she just needs to grow up.

kartolas

Apr 10, 2021
Although Valentina is not my favorite character by appearance and behavior, but I couldn't close her path and break her heart... After the refusal even I can feels her pain, so I returned back and accepted her proposal. Her character is interesting too, she just needs to grow up.
Yeah on my first run I went with Kay alone as she is the sweetest. I did another and went Harem to get more skillpoints so I get what you're saying. I don't think general skill points (not the individual ones) should be awarded for having more LIs but it is what it is.

Den187

Jun 27, 2017
Yeah on my first run I went with Kay alone as she is the sweetest. I did another and went Harem to get more skillpoints so I get what you're saying. I don't think general skill points (not the individual ones) should be awarded for having more LIs but it is what it is.
I have a few favorite characters in Harem and afraid that sooner or later I have to make a painful choice and choose only one of the girls as a wife.
I also hope for a romantic relationships (not only sexual) with Flora in the future.

Den187

Jun 27, 2017
I played this game about a week and I couldn't wait for the next day to continue. She's definitely got into the top 5 of my favorite games.
1. I really like the intro video - an great combination of music and video. High-quality work worthy of being in some good movie. I also like the developer's logo - an interesting idea and looks great.
2. Aesthetic beauty of the game in general. Beautiful renders. Beautiful female characters for every taste in beautiful and sexy dresses. I also like when during a conversation with a girl she is shown from different angles, it gives you the better view of her sexy body in beautiful dress.
3. Good writing. Interesting and intriguing storyline. I like the combination of medieval military things and relationships with girls.
I really enjoyed this game and looking forward to continuing. Great work ITRoy, thank you!

Sorrow85

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2020

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

What a week. Day job was a bit slower, mercifully. That allowed me to crank out some extra renders, even with some very large and complicated scenes (a lot of buildings, movement within an environment, and many characters). You'll notice some very nice progress in the updated progress graphic.
We are now moving along at a steady and hopefully sustainable pace. While I felt the urge to render quite a bit last Saturday, I resisted. Other than a short "shopping trip" to the Daz store, I stayed away from anything related to renders. I'll repeat that tomorrow, hopefully without the visit to the Daz store where my wallet weeps.
On the YouTube side, I've got several more videos to go up, so there won't be a lack of content anytime soon. Sorry for cutting back the frequency there, but a busy day job, game dev, and YouTube can be a bit much sometimes. I think I'll have a few more shopping videos there soon highlighting some specific vendors and diving into an asset or two, as those are fairly quick to turnaround.
As I mentioned in my What I'm Working On video for this week, I've reached out to an excellent artist and modeler to get some custom environments I'll need for future chapters. After going through hell with the palace and city setups during Chapter 6's early development, I'm not making that mistake again. Once I get some reference art over to the modeler, we will start the process to have some excellent custom environments for later To Be A King chapters.
Other than that, nothing new to report. A few small issues here and there, but it's nice to feel that renders are much more effortless than they have been in some time. Some new lighting techniques are really helping out, and I plan to further test and refine those over the next couple of releases. Lighting is one of the biggest struggles as bad lighting can ruin an otherwise excellent render.
And now for my usual final note. I don't want to do a separate post on this, so it is going here. To Be A King continues to grow. Some of that is because I keep adding some other characters to better expand the world a bit. And some of it is that a story that was conceived to be fairly short is growing as I take my time a bit more. At this rate, I don't anticipate "finishing" the game for a few years, which seems insane to say. I'll wrap it up if I hear from a majority of you that it is getting stale or if I finally feel that either my interest or abilities are maxed out for it. I have an "eject" switch of sorts where I can accelerate the story and wrap it up in a couple of releases. We've got many more twists and turns in the story, including a couple of curve balls in the next three chapters. If you want a definitive answer on how many chapters it will be, I wish I could tell you. Long ago (narrator: 8 months ago), I had all that laid out. Now, even I don't know how long this will go on. At some point it will end, as I don't want To Be A King to be one of those creations that overstays its welcome (looking at you, US version of The Office). But if you're at all worried that your favorite princess, (or maybe your favorite bar wench), will be gone soon, that is very unlikely.
Oh, and if you have a suggestion for something you'd like to see, whether content, a story line, or even a question you have about a specific character that you want to see explored, drop it in my Discord (there is a suggestions channel). I have already implemented a few things based on suggestions, and there are at least two other things in Chapter 6 that never would have happened if someone hadn't made a comment there. I make no promises that YOUR suggestion will get into To Be A King, but you never know…
Have a great Friday and weekend, everyone! I've got some more previews to drip out here, which is the lovely result of having over 1600 renders per release. You don't worry about sharing 50 or so, as it is still a small fraction of the content.

-----------

Construct

Oct 31, 2018

What a week. Day job was a bit slower, mercifully. That allowed me to crank out some extra renders, even with some very large and complicated scenes (a lot of buildings, movement within an environment, and many characters). You'll notice some very nice progress in the updated progress graphic.
We are now moving along at a steady and hopefully sustainable pace. While I felt the urge to render quite a bit last Saturday, I resisted. Other than a short "shopping trip" to the Daz store, I stayed away from anything related to renders. I'll repeat that tomorrow, hopefully without the visit to the Daz store where my wallet weeps.
On the YouTube side, I've got several more videos to go up, so there won't be a lack of content anytime soon. Sorry for cutting back the frequency there, but a busy day job, game dev, and YouTube can be a bit much sometimes. I think I'll have a few more shopping videos there soon highlighting some specific vendors and diving into an asset or two, as those are fairly quick to turnaround.
As I mentioned in my What I'm Working On video for this week, I've reached out to an excellent artist and modeler to get some custom environments I'll need for future chapters. After going through hell with the palace and city setups during Chapter 6's early development, I'm not making that mistake again. Once I get some reference art over to the modeler, we will start the process to have some excellent custom environments for later To Be A King chapters.
Other than that, nothing new to report. A few small issues here and there, but it's nice to feel that renders are much more effortless than they have been in some time. Some new lighting techniques are really helping out, and I plan to further test and refine those over the next couple of releases. Lighting is one of the biggest struggles as bad lighting can ruin an otherwise excellent render.
And now for my usual final note. I don't want to do a separate post on this, so it is going here. To Be A King continues to grow. Some of that is because I keep adding some other characters to better expand the world a bit. And some of it is that a story that was conceived to be fairly short is growing as I take my time a bit more. At this rate, I don't anticipate "finishing" the game for a few years, which seems insane to say. I'll wrap it up if I hear from a majority of you that it is getting stale or if I finally feel that either my interest or abilities are maxed out for it. I have an "eject" switch of sorts where I can accelerate the story and wrap it up in a couple of releases. We've got many more twists and turns in the story, including a couple of curve balls in the next three chapters. If you want a definitive answer on how many chapters it will be, I wish I could tell you. Long ago (narrator: 8 months ago), I had all that laid out. Now, even I don't know how long this will go on. At some point it will end, as I don't want To Be A King to be one of those creations that overstays its welcome (looking at you, US version of The Office). But if you're at all worried that your favorite princess, (or maybe your favorite bar wench), will be gone soon, that is very unlikely.
Oh, and if you have a suggestion for something you'd like to see, whether content, a story line, or even a question you have about a specific character that you want to see explored, drop it in my Discord (there is a suggestions channel). I have already implemented a few things based on suggestions, and there are at least two other things in Chapter 6 that never would have happened if someone hadn't made a comment there. I make no promises that YOUR suggestion will get into To Be A King, but you never know…
Have a great Friday and weekend, everyone! I've got some more previews to drip out here, which is the lovely result of having over 1600 renders per release. You don't worry about sharing 50 or so, as it is still a small fraction of the content.

-----------
Here he is worried of the game getting stale while people probably have hard time waiting for chapter 6. At least for me the release can‘t come soon enough

rahkshi01

Dec 31, 2018

-----------
Hoping it continues for a long time. Personally I am also hoping that MC gets to add Helen to the harem.

Sorrow85

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2020

A productive render week. Good progress was made on renders, and I'm now well past the halfway point. If things continue at this pace, we will be in good shape. That is if I quit adding renders.
Had a few more challenging scenes this go around, but after a few tries, I got those figured out. Lighting is really coming together now consistently and without noise. It's very nice. I've still got some "mega" scenes left to render out, but there have been no major issues. It almost has me worried.
I see some of your requests for an ETA on the release. I wish I could give that, but we still have a bit too far to go. So many things can happen that I'd hate to give a rough estimate and be off. The old saying, "It will be ready when it's ready" is very true. However, you never know when a future dev update will have a release date. What I will continue to do is keep these updates coming, and let you all know when it goes to the beta testers. As always, the progress graphic on the Patreon front page will be updated weekly with these dev updates too. I'm adding it here too, so you don't have to track it down there.
Not much else to report at this stage. Renders continue to hum along, and I'm thankfully getting a few hours a day to setup renders. Postwork, additional coding, alpha and beta testing remain. Thank goodness the YouTube channel has plenty of new videos to post for the next few weeks. Look for a new early access video this weekend for patrons there. And if you aren't here for the videos, you'll have plenty of game previews.
Sorry if it feels like I'm hibernating a bit lately, but game development is definitely a bit of a crunch once you get in the zone. In the meantime, enjoy the many previews, and know that soon Chapter 6 will be out.

progress-bar.jpg

-------

Construct

Oct 31, 2018

A productive render week. Good progress was made on renders, and I'm now well past the halfway point. If things continue at this pace, we will be in good shape. That is if I quit adding renders.
Had a few more challenging scenes this go around, but after a few tries, I got those figured out. Lighting is really coming together now consistently and without noise. It's very nice. I've still got some "mega" scenes left to render out, but there have been no major issues. It almost has me worried.
I see some of your requests for an ETA on the release. I wish I could give that, but we still have a bit too far to go. So many things can happen that I'd hate to give a rough estimate and be off. The old saying, "It will be ready when it's ready" is very true. However, you never know when a future dev update will have a release date. What I will continue to do is keep these updates coming, and let you all know when it goes to the beta testers. As always, the progress graphic on the Patreon front page will be updated weekly with these dev updates too. I'm adding it here too, so you don't have to track it down there.
Not much else to report at this stage. Renders continue to hum along, and I'm thankfully getting a few hours a day to setup renders. Postwork, additional coding, alpha and beta testing remain. Thank goodness the YouTube channel has plenty of new videos to post for the next few weeks. Look for a new early access video this weekend for patrons there. And if you aren't here for the videos, you'll have plenty of game previews.
Sorry if it feels like I'm hibernating a bit lately, but game development is definitely a bit of a crunch once you get in the zone. In the meantime, enjoy the many previews, and know that soon Chapter 6 will be out.

View attachment 1338837

-------
Interesting. Both of the previews have the same bed, but it‘s not the same room. So the top character must have some high standing if they share the same style of bed sheets with what the king has.

when was the last time the progress bars were shown? I feel like the rendered scenes count went up quite nicely in the meantime. „Only“ 9 scenes left with them taking up 42% of the remaining renders. So he isn‘t lying that he got some mega scenes to go.
Still hyped for the next update. All those previews make it worth the wait.

stayclassy858

Apr 14, 2019
I would love a Hot scene with the queen, heck even a scene with the king and queen which I know wouldn't be for everyone. I just wanna see her lol

• Angry
Reactions: LordSinner

bobbyzzz

Jul 12, 2017
I would love a Hot scene with the queen, heck even a scene with the king and queen which I know wouldn't be for everyone. I just wanna see her lol
I don't know about the king being there but it could be played out in a hot way depending on the dev. The Queen and the oldest daughter are on the TOP of my list. I want to take the kingdom and have them both.

YRS™

May 30, 2020
I don't know about the king being there but it could be played out in a hot way depending on the dev. The Queen and the oldest daughter are on the TOP of my list. I want to take the kingdom and have them both.
Same thinking like me

3.90 star(s) 81 Votes