YuNobi1

Aug 9, 2021
If you agree to marry Aelinia does that close off the routes to other girls?
At least not currently, she even says in an earlier update that she's willing to share as long as she come first... which is also what Helena says, so if Aelinia is crowned, I don't know who would actually come "first" in relationship: the Queen, or Queen Dowager (I think that’s the correct term). However Aelinia's statement comes before the General's secret proposal, which doesn't block Cassia's pressed proposal, nor does it block Lydia's path, even though she asks whether the General is engaged to Aelinia, but the game forces him to say no.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: kamuk_4185

cardetti

Oct 8, 2019
What the conditions to unlock the 6th (with Kaylan) and 9th (with Cassia) scene of this update ?
I already played their paths and i didn't unlock those scenes.

Thanks.

Reactions: straightguy90

xinkala

Bonk
Game Developer
Nov 26, 2020
What the conditions to unlock the 6th (with Kaylan) and 9th (with Cassia) scene of this update ?
I already played their paths and i didn't unlock those scenes.

Thanks.
well if im correct, to unlock scene kaylan&cassie you should be playing their path and should have accepted kaylan marriage proposal

*Edit im not sure. there is so many variables and branches :D

Last edited:
Reactions: straightguy90

straightguy90

May 16, 2022
To Be A King (0.7.1) Walkthrough Mod + Replay Unlocked

Use this at your own risk! This may break your game or saves for future updates! Highlighted choices may not be the best(I think it is but still)

*If you find any error replay my comment or DM
It unlocks the pictures for all of the scenes, but some of them are still unviewable. (Error?)

skuzbot

Jun 21, 2018
Does anyone have the 7.1 download for Mac? I grabbed 5.1 and added game folder data for the PC update of 7.1, but there's bad script errors all throughout chapter 6. Anybody else experienced this?

Great game, good writing and really starting to enjoy it and then error screen after error screen. Never got any text from the queen's guest and the blondes arrival.
Full Traceback if anyone has an idea how to correct?

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/chapters/chapter6/script/ch6s70meetalessia.rpy", line 21, in script
scene black with longtransition
File "game/chapters/chapter6/script/ch6s70meetalessia.rpy", line 21, in <module>
NameError: name 'longtransition' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "/Applications/Games/ToBeAKing **.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ast.py", line 1393, in execute
paired = renpy.python.py_eval(self.paired)
File "/Applications/Games/ToBeAKing **.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/python.py", line 2249, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "/Applications/Games/ToBeAKing **.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/python.py", line 2242, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/chapters/chapter6/script/ch6s70meetalessia.rpy", line 21, in <module>

Darwin-21.3.0-x86_64-i386-64bit
Ren'Py 7.4.4.1439
To Be A King 0.5.1
Thu May 19 15:41:43 2022

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
skuzbot: attach traceback.txt on your post don't post what that error says.

skuzbot

Jun 21, 2018
skuzbot: attach traceback.txt on your post don't post what that error says.
Copy BB Code? This looks like the same thing to me...sorry, newbie here

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "/Applications/Games/ToBeAKing **.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ast.py", line 1393, in execute
    paired = renpy.python.py_eval(self.paired)
  File "/Applications/Games/ToBeAKing **.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/python.py", line 2249, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "/Applications/Games/ToBeAKing **.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/python.py", line 2242, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)

Darwin-21.3.0-x86_64-i386-64bit
Ren'Py 7.4.4.1439
To Be A King 0.5.1
Thu May 19 15:50:15 2022

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
no, traceback.txt file in game's folder. renpy games do that file when something bugs.

Reactions: imzahai

straightguy90

May 16, 2022
Are there any love interests that have had only one scene or no scenes in the game, and you want to see more from them?

(IMO, I feel that Flavia, Rashida, and Dinah fall into that category.)

Reactions: NukaCola
Nov 9, 2020
I get it, it can be frustrating when folks seem to go ghost which is why I post wayyyyy more than I should to be as transparent as possible and not surgar-coating anything but that's me and the way I work which may not fit the bill for others. I'll may revisit this at some point, sure. I currently have other obligations on my plate so those must be completed first then who knows. Regards and good day to you and yours as well.
this is one of the many reasons you are amazing

Reactions: imzahai and _Maou_

JenusKudo

Aug 4, 2017
If you agree to marry Aelinia does that close off the routes to other girls?
No...but you will be her puppet
Imo...its better to accept kaylan than aelinia
Has anyone noticed that whenever you are meeting with someone Lydia is always around? Either looking at the walls, or fighting with her grandfather? Is she actually spying on MC?
Hehe ...for some reason I like Valentina more than other two princesses....
Valentina>Cassia>Aelinia

Last edited:

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
No...but you will be her puppet
Imo...its better to accept kaylan than aelinia
Eh...debatable. You can be dominant during your first encounter with her and it turns out she likes being submissive to you. She just wants to be head bitch in the harem so she expects to be first among the wives. Not that unreasonable since she brings more to the table than most.

Reactions: YuNobi1

JenusKudo

Aug 4, 2017
Eh...debatable. You can be dominant during your first encounter with her and it turns out she likes being submissive to you. She just wants to be head bitch in the harem so she expects to be first among the wives. Not that unreasonable since she brings more to the table than most.
Ofcourse it's debatable... and you will understand my view in the next few updates...also, she hardly brings more than others.... other than being overambitious to the point of being a traitor to the throne she wants to rule the world when the kingdom is dominated by men, i don't see many plus points about her

3.90 star(s) 81 Votes