JenusKudo

Aug 4, 2017
I stopped the game when queen asked to pick one. al of them option was a joke. I want HArem lol. Ill wait for some mod which enables all.
There the walkthrough mod... But even when you choose mod:all, you only get the Aelinia ball dance scene and not get other two princess scene.... Other than that, when queen ask which one you will marry, it doesn't matter since it's just few dialogue change... But, with walkthrough mod you get to choose all three of them but separately (game will act like you choose Aelinia and cassia and valentina)
BTW.... That aeristhenas(?) Guy (King's advisor) is sus..... In the code there's a aeristhenas (?) Coup flag..... What's up with that?
Someone mentioned about creating alliance with estrid.... Is it even possible at this point? Do we have to reject the three princess for that Or something?

Last edited:

YuNobi1

Aug 9, 2021
There the walkthrough mod... But even when you choose mod:all, you only get the Aelinia ball dance scene and not get other two princess scene.... Other than that, when queen ask which one you will marry, it doesn't matter since it's just few dialogue change... But, with walkthrough mod you get to choose all three of them but separately (game will act like you choose Aelinia and cassia and valentina)
BTW.... That aeristhenas(?) Guy (King's advisor) is sus..... In the code there's a aeristhenas (?) Coup flag..... What's up with that?
Someone mentioned about creating alliance with estrid.... Is it even possible at this point? Do we have to reject the three princess for that Or something?
So far it looks like we can marry everybody we want, without repercussions, and Anna is definitely pushing us to do so, though a recent comment that she made sounds like things might happen that an apparent inevitable marriage (specifically Valentina's) could be stopped due to future changes, and that the General to not assume he will get forced into a marriage. Whether she's going to manipulate events to get the final outcome that she wants, or it's that she knows the future, we don't know; it could also be that she needs to get intoa position he's currently not in so that he can be her champion and actually save Caudium. I do feel that given the motifs from ASOIAF, players were naturally wary of embracing the harem, so ITRoy included Anna as an in-game mouthpiece to assure the players that they will be fine if they bang everyone.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: aragh and JenusKudo

NukaCola

Engaged Member
Jul 1, 2017
Are there any love interests that have had only one scene or no scenes in the game, and you want to see more from them?

(IMO, I feel that Flavia, Rashida, and Dinah fall into that category.)
Definitely Dinah. There is just something I really like about her. I'm so glad she is just not a common one time use prostitute. I don't even remember who Flavia and Rashida is though??

screenshot0128.png

Reactions: straightguy90

gilma

Jun 27, 2017
Are you talking about multimod from first post?

addasus

Oct 30, 2019
I have to say that I feel like the game's pacing is getting really weird. Scenes just seem to happen, without any concern for time and space. Like, Cassia comes over to invite you to dinner, and then BAM! You're eating dinner with her at another location, without any sort of transition scene, and it feels jarring. There's also this scene, where she apparently phases through the door.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I mean, that one's just an issue of not really thinking about framing or how people move, but it just stands out to me as bizarre. Also, the camera's placement is just awful too. I'm sorry. I'm trying not to fixate on this one shot, because Lord knows that I could carry on at length, but it may very well be the worst panel in the entire project. It's terrible.

But back to my main point, I feel like the railroad design this visual novel seems to be going for (as opposed to a more choose your own adventure kind of thing) is hampered by the way it almost feels like we're literally skipping scenes in a movie or channel hopping to suspiciously similar designed shows that are slightly different.

A scene will end, and before we even get an establishing shot, we suddenly find ourselves embroiled in conversation with someone in a completely different location. There's nothing even like "I need to talk to you about something" to get things going. The conversation starts in media res. And while just having someone there without any warning kinda works with characters like Valentina, it's super weird that it seems to happen with everyone all the time.

If this were a filmed product, I'd say it's the result of an editor trying to trim too much, and not providing any breathing room for scenes. Here though, I feel like it's either the result of not wanting to write and render those extra shots, or because there's supposed to actually be some form of gameplay that's happening in-between them that would make things feel more natural. Like, you see someone in this shot, click on them, and that is what starts the dialogue or whatever.

It would still be more than a little clunky to go from clicking on someone to halfway through the conversation, but at least then it wouldn't feel like they teleported you to them.

Either way, I feel like at this point, it's starting to have a detrimental impact on the product. It's already a little frustrating that there doesn't seem to be an especially robust court for any sort of intrigue, plotting, or alliances and the like. But then things like a kidnapping plot happen, and you don't get any chance to do any sort of investigation yourself or influence the plot at all. You're just left spinning your wheels until the appropriate number of slides go by and the story decides it can advance. Making matters worse is that there are "Skills" that seem to promise you some ability to influence outcomes, but don't seem to have any actual purpose.

Obviously, it's not as if all (or any) of these problems are new to this release, but I feel like they're becoming more and more exacerbated as time goes on.

Last edited:

Alucard-1987

Jun 27, 2019
To Be A King (0.7.1) Walkthrough Mod + Replay Unlocked

Use this at your own risk! This may break your game or saves for future updates! Highlighted choices may not be the best(I think it is but still)

*If you find any error replay my comment or DM
I tried this But the gallery is locked unless I use the Correct phrase. What is it?

addasus

Oct 30, 2019
phases through the door? Maybe Flora close the door after she gets in?
Sure, but then we still get into the issue of the shot not really accounting for the way people move or behave. Seems really weird for that question to be asked not upon opening the door and seeing who it is, or even just opening the door for the person to enter, but upon closing the door after they've already crossed the threshold.

I guess it didn't register for her that she didn't know why Cassia was there until she had already let her in?

Maybe that will explain how she got taken hostage. Doesn't even occur to her to ask what was going on or who those people were until she was trussed up and gagged. I like it. Should be canon.

Jokes aside, even if we go with a more plausible explanation for the shot, it still highlights the problem this thing has about not really having great pacing in its shots. It's not the best example of sequential art to go from talking about how there's someone at the door in one panel to them closing the door after letting someone in on the next panel. And, to be clear, I'm not saying that there needs to be 10 renders of Flora opening the door or anything like that, but it does feel like at least one shot is missing in-between the two. Like, if the start of this scene is Panel A, the one I linked should at least be Panel C. Honestly though, I would say that Panel A needs to have some stuff before it too.

Some people pick apart every little thing, huh?
To be fair, there really isn't a lot to "pick apart" in this work, is there? There's the text, and there's the visuals. That's kinda it. And I think that shot, and the surrounding scene does a pretty good job of highlighting the pacing issues that are impacting both facets of the work.

Reactions: Beast161616

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
I like your "prettier" MC (everyone keeps going on about how "handsome" he is after all), but he's supposed to be in his 40s and he's been in "the east" (so I assume Arabia somewhere or other based on the interactions with Pontus and Judea and so on). He needs some "squinty eyed" wrinkles in my opinion. Think Clint Eastwood in "For a Few Dollars More".
MV5BNDcwMzU1NTcwOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDQyNjMyNA@@._V1_.jpg

Beast161616

Apr 7, 2020
I like your "prettier" MC (everyone keeps going on about how "handsome" he is after all), but he's supposed to be in his 40s and he's been in "the east" (so I assume Arabia somewhere or other based on the interactions with Pontus and Judea and so on). He needs some "squinty eyed" wrinkles in my opinion. Think Clint Eastwood in "For a Few Dollars More".
View attachment 1828411
I agree, he definitely needs to look a bit more rough and tough as that's what usually happens when you've been campaigning in the harsh climates of the Middle East. The MC is still great compared to 99% other MCs of this site personality wise but he never struck me as a proper Roman general.

Reactions: Allan Trumbull

aaachris

Oct 26, 2019
The plot and the girls are the main thing. As long as it's not multiple pov, MC's looks hardly matter. I don't even notice the few times he's shown while skipping.

Reactions: straightguy90
3.90 star(s) 81 Votes