VN Ren'Py Abandoned To Be Or Not To Be [v0.3] [Dandy Games]

4.40 star(s) 10 Votes

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
Virulenz

They asked Lesbian planned they didn't ask if there was a pure lesbian route they only asked if lesbian was planned.

Comaco

Aug 10, 2017
myuhinny
The genre list already confirmed that lesbian content is planned...the only reason to ask anyway is about a lesbian route and not everyone is a native english speaker...
btw, i want to know it too, i dont play cumslut protagonists, only lesbian protagonists.
Well, so far there is unavoidable sex with the boyfriend. I prefer the option in these games to keep any and all sex scenes optional, so you can choose where your interests lie, so this may not be for me.

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
Well, so far there is unavoidable sex with the boyfriend. I prefer the option in these games to keep any and all sex scenes optional, so you can choose where your interests lie, so this may not be for me.
I hate the word "unavoidable" in adult games...and the description dont mention a forced boyfriend o_O
Seems like the advertised personality development based on choices is just a confidence trick. Too bad, the girl looked nice :cry:

DandyGames

Apr 24, 2020
That actually makes a lot of sense Comaco. I might go back and change that part for the next update now that I think about what you said. It also ties in with what I have in mind for the game in the future. Many thanks for the advice!

And yes to those asking, I do plan on a pure lesbian route. In fact, one of the main characters for that route will be coming up in the next update. So look forward to her =)

ltpika

Engaged Member
Aug 6, 2016
That actually makes a lot of sense Comaco. I might go back and change that part for the next update now that I think about what you said. It also ties in with what I have in mind for the game in the future. Many thanks for the advice!

And yes to those asking, I do plan on a pure lesbian route. In fact, one of the main characters for that route will be coming up in the next update. So look forward to her =)
Good to know. What daz model is Lynn? She's gorgeous, would love to make some fanart with her.

ArturiousDesign

Engaged Member
Jan 31, 2019
To play or not to play?
Saith my mind doth wonder,
upon a yonder light breaking my mind asunder,
Whence my mind did'st sayeth unto me:
'Thou hast perverse mind, naughty thine carnal fun,'
'But forsooth, nay, no play today, for thus is only version 0.1'

:)
Bravo!

Garatempus2

Aug 18, 2018
Will the MCs father be present in the story or he faced the faith of 99% of fathers in adult games and died/left?

Jonah Arkon

Sep 22, 2017
what a waste of good modeling and characters. However the choice of genre is the biggest turn off good luck with you idea. game and thread now no ignored. have a great day.

215303j

Well, just played it. I think it's a bit early to give a review, but here are my thoughts so far.

Graphics are pretty decent. The use of sprites over a background rather than fully rendered images is a bit sub-par nowadays but I don't mind. The characters look nice and well done.

The game concept, it's similarities to GGGB are obvious. That is a great game so it's not a problem in my opinion but I do hope that the dev can avoid just re-using the same tropes and storylines.

In particular, I dislike the boyfriend situation. I would much rather have a virgin MC without steady boyfriend from the start. That way she is fully free to choose what she wants, without concerns for cheating. The present boyfriend could be a long time friend / prospective boyfriend and the first opportunity to have a real boyfriend and/or go all the way. The scene and dialogue wouldn't even need too much changing. But I think there should also be a possibility to deny him and go for someone else.

As it is, there is too much similarity to GGGB: young naive girl, nerdy boyfriend with a hot-ish father, who is clearly a potential sex partner in the future.

Rating: pretending I didn't play GGGB, I'd rate 4/5 (minus 1 for use of sprites). The story could add one point if it goes into a different direction than GGGB (may require re-imagining the boyfriend situation), or lose 1 or 2 if it just copies GGGB tropes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
not a bad game. like others have stated a forced sex scene with the BF was a turn off. someone stated that MC should be virgin. i dont care about this so much but i do like her as she is at the moment cause she has a good amount of confidence. at least enough to help out a stranger being molested. aside from that regarding future sex scenes it'd be nice if we could have options to develop MC's roles druing sex. is she a sub is she a dom? does she take charge or let herself be lead? all in all as far a female protag game goes im gald it not another "turn her into a slut game" clearly theres that option but not the main focus. also comparing it to GGGB will the Mc's clothes change based on attitutde/choices or is that already decided? either way good luck to you dev!(y)

215303j

someone stated that MC should be virgin. i dont care about this so much but i do like her as she is at the moment cause she has a good amount of confidence.
I didn't say "should be a virgin", I said "I'd rather have a virgin MC".

That is mostly personal preference, as a virgin would likely be more picky about who she'd do it with. Which is what I like in female MC games. You also start with more of a blank slate.

But with regards to the boyfriend, I think this setup is limiting the story. In GGGB, the obvious good path would be to stay with Eric, even if you (the player) didn't really like him. Because Eric was there, Jack was automatically a bad path. Even though Jack could maybe have been a somewhat viable good-path boyfriend if Ashley would have started the game as single.

4.40 star(s) 10 Votes