Crestrial

Mar 15, 2019
I beat the demo (0.9d) but I fully acknowledge I missed a lot of things, some of them major.

Just quick tips for the start of the game:

1) Avoid enemies early on, most encounters just beat your ass or weaken you enough to where it's dangerous to progress. Every death advances the cycle timer considerably.

2) Off to the far far west from the secret library is a snowy area. On Day 1 there is a merchant there you should buy a wishing torch from as they reveal the little bubbly spots which contain gear. Particularly, you should use your first wishing torch outside the secret library to unlock them as an easy-access merchant who sells her stock at cheaper prices (she also gives you a ring). I do want to state that there are a lot of enemies on the way there and while possible to get there right at the start of the game, it is no easy task avoiding the enemies even if you know exactly where you are going. (The v0.9b CR update had made it far easier to avoid enemies and escape, so now it's definitely possible) That said, it's still worth fitting into your Day 1 schedule to go here to access the 'hidden' gear and also for reasons of the next 'tip'.

3) That same snow area you find that merchant in has respawning small echoes (basically consumable souls). So you can grind up a little while you're there. Of note, there is a nearby small echo just North East of the entrance that you can just keep picking up as you walk in and out of the area.

4) Best starting item seems to be the Master Key ("I liked exploring"). If used at the eastern village at night to access a basement, you can get the cleaver which does a lot more damage than the attack stat implies.

5) You keep your levels and gear between cycles so don't fret too much about that. You do lose some things (consumables) but nothing major.

6) Burning torches are ridiculously powerful. Final bosses of the demo melted against the almighty burn. (v1.0 demo made the final demo boss resist burning and the damage of the burn was reduced by 10% across the board. Still fairly powerful however.)

7) You can switch equipment around freely during your turn.

8) Evasion seems to increase at 1.2% per point and Critical increases at 0.2%, despite the text saying 0.5% for each. Theoretically, you could max your base evasion to 60% by level 9. Combined with the machete's +25% evasion.. that's 85% evasion fairly early into the game. Nerfed after the v1.0 demo. Each point of evasion only gives 0.5% now. Unis build is dead.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Like Black Souls, there are names that cause special events/dialogue:
Grimm (Refuses name)
Alice (Refuses name)
Lewis (Refuses name)
Carroll (Refuses name)
Skibidi (Game Over)
Red Hood (Refuses name)
Roland (Accepts name)
Makuro (Goes to Title Screen)
N***er (Refuses name)
Sigma (Refuses name)
Edith (Refuses name)